Profile for Mr. G. White > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. White

Mr. G. White (Bedford,UK)

BenQ GW2270H Flicker Free LED Monitor
BenQ GW2270H Flicker Free LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars Super monitor!, 7 Jun. 2017
I've had the monitor for 5 months. No problems at all. Great picture quality. Easy to configure. Great value.

Animal Pilbarra Men's Wallet
Animal Pilbarra Men's Wallet

4.0 out of 5 stars A quality polyester wallet with plenty of space for cards ..., 30 May 2016
A quality polyester wallet with plenty of space for cards, photo ID and a double space for bank notes etc. Although the zip coin pocket is on the small side it can hold plenty of loose change without feeling bulky.

Edimax EW-7717UN WiFi 802.11n USB2 Adapter
Edimax EW-7717UN WiFi 802.11n USB2 Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars BT Home Hub 3, 19 Mar. 2011
Bought this adaptor 9 months ago but only just switched ISP to BT now they have a new version Home Hub. The Home Hub sits the hall and my desktop PC is upstairs in a side room. I set up the hub and then plugged the adaptor into a USB port on the PC. It was recognised as new hardware and I then followed the Edimax software installation instructions, using the CD-ROM. The adapter showed my Hub as a new connection. I selected it from the list, entered the wireless key and away we go. Very easy! Signal strength is very good and after a week of use, no problems, no disconnections. No more trailing cables! Thoroughly recommended!

Raconte-moi...
Raconte-moi...

5.0 out of 5 stars C'est si bon!, 8 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Raconte-moi... (Audio CD)
She just gets better and better.
Every song on this album is beautifully arranged and sung.
"Au coin du monde" and "La Vénus Du Mélo" are my favourites but that does no injustice to other ten.
Thanks Stacey, another exquisite album and certainly one for all Francophiles.

The Times Desktop Atlas of the World (World Atlas)
The Times Desktop Atlas of the World (World Atlas)
by Times Books

5.0 out of 5 stars The Times Desktop Atlas of the World, 16 April 2010
An extremely useful Atlas for general reference. Although smaller than many atlases the clarity of the maps is exceptional. The supporting documentation of countries, climate and statistics is very useful for general knowledge. Finally it fits nicely on my bookshelf.

Sony CMT-EH45 DAB Micro HiFi System (discontinued by manufacturer)
Sony CMT-EH45 DAB Micro HiFi System (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony CMT-EH45 DAB Micro System, 8 May 2009
Bought this to replace an 8 year old Sony CMT-CP100 Micro system whose CD player had packed up and I am certainly NOT disappointed. I'm using this in my living room and the sound quality is above expectation even in a largish room. I have a tape collection so wanted DAB, CD and Tape. Simple to set up and easy to use. I also bought a stereo cable to run my MP3 player through the Audio-In socket. The only slight problem with this is the volume needs to be turned up quite high. Apart from that I'm really impressed with the quality of the system and it's twenty quid cheaper from Amazon than the High Street retailers.

Canon Pixma MP500 Photo All-in-One with LCD Viewer
Canon Pixma MP500 Photo All-in-One with LCD Viewer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant printer, 4 Oct. 2006
I've had my MP500 about a month and all I can do is agree with the previous reviewers. The printer is simple to instal and the software provided is easy to use but not intrusive. Printing photos using the Easy Photo Print software is simple and the print quality is excellent. The auto-sheet feeder and cassette duo allow you to store photo paper in one and A4 plain in the other. Scanning photos and documents is a doddle. I too was persuaded by the reviews on Amazon and I've no reason to be disappointed. Well done Canon!

J'ai Deux Amours
J'ai Deux Amours

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Francophile, 18 Jan. 2006
This review is from: J'ai Deux Amours (Audio CD)
My daughter saw this lady in concert in Paris and remarked 'She was just amazing - her voice was unbelievable. She was accompanied by 3 guys- double bass, drums, guitar and accordion. It was the best live music I've ever heard. And she did all the classic French songs...'. So she bought me this album to prove it and it's brilliant. All the songs are of French origin except 'Dansez sur moi:Girl Talk'. The album gets off to a great start with 'J'ai deux amours:Two loves have I' followed by an upbeat 'La mer:Beyond the sea'. Then we have a really evocative rendition of 'Ne me quitte pas:If you go away'. The next four songs 'Mon Homme:My Man', 'Et maintenant:What now my love', 'Que reste-t-il do nos amours:I wish you love' and 'Dansez sur moi:Girl Talk' are all beautifully interpreted as is 'La belle vie:The Good Life'. It tails off slightly with the last three tracks but taken as a whole this is a wonderful album of instantly recognizable songs. A must for any Francophile.