Profile for MRS S M ELLIS > Reviews

Content by MRS S M ELLIS

MRS S M ELLIS

Amazon PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (compatible with all Amazon and Android Devices)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Charger, 25 April 2014
This should have been enclosed with the Kindle and can't quite see why it wasn't. Perhaps you thought people would have had their own, but I certainly didn't

Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - With Special Offers
Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 16 GB - With Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD, 25 April 2014
So far so good am not an expert yet but have high hopes and very much like being able to make the print larger as my sight isn't very good. Vision is exceptionally good on the screen. l Haven't yet learned how to listen to anything yet. Pity it didn't come with a charger, case and stand because it certainly is much improved with these essential items. You shouldn't send it out without them!

Camera for Kindle Fire
Camera for Kindle Fire

3.0 out of 5 stars CAMERA FOR KINDLE FIRE, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Camera for Kindle Fire (App)
Haven't had a chance to even try and work it yet. Have no intention of taking a photograph of myself (being 90 next year)), and don't know whether I will get the chance of using it on anyone else. If another Apple user comes round I might ask him/her to enlighten me as there doesn't seem to be any instructions as to what it is or how to use it. Might review it later if you want me to.

Apple iMac 21.5-inch All-in-One Desktop PC with Magic Mouse and Wireless Keyboard (Intel Core i5 2.7GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 1TB HDD, 5400rpm, Intel Iris Pro, Face Time HD Camera, OS X Mountain Lion)

5.0 out of 5 stars Apple iMac 21.5", 25 April 2014
I fell in love with Apple Mac when I saw it in a friend's house and when my Windows XP finally gave up the ghost decided to buy an Apple for myself. Haven't regretted it and would recommend it to anyone who really wants quality and service.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Traffic Mirror, 25 April 2014
Excellent mirror and enables me to "nose out" safely into the road which would otherwise have absolutely obscured my view. Excellent value. Prompt delivery. Would recommend it to anyone.

Kindle Fire HD Manual: The Beginner's Kindle Fire HD User Guide
Kindle Fire HD Manual: The Beginner's Kindle Fire HD User Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Fire HD User Guide for Beginners, 25 April 2014
This was beautifully clear and helpful to a (very) elderly student. I was able to pick up the workings quickly and easily and am looking forward to having the time to use my new Kindle.

Silence
Silence

1.0 out of 5 stars Silence, 25 April 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
This was an American novel at its worst. Stupid, ignorant sort of young people that I just cannot imagine even exist. The proof reader would have been given the sack if the editor had read it too, as he/she missed all the typos. Altogether a tiresome read and a horrible subject.

The Making of Modern Britain
The Making of Modern Britain

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew Marr, 25 April 2014
He's always interesting and easy to read. When I have really mastered my Kindle (which I haven't really yet) I will finish reading it and write another review. I am 90 and so you may have to wait a bit.

Vegetarian Home Cooking: Favourite recipes old & new
Vegetarian Home Cooking: Favourite recipes old & new

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegetarian Home Cooking, 25 April 2014
I am one of those people who buy Cookery Books to read and learn cooking tips. I don't always use the recipes. But this one looked really delicious as well as being interesting to read. So I may review it again once I have tried out a few recipes. Bit difficult for an oldie (nearly 90) like me who lives alone and doesn't want to throw away leftovers, as I nearly always leave some. (Doesn't apply to fudge mind)!

Meat Press
Meat Press
Offered by Colanders FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars MEAT PRESS, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Meat Press (Kitchen & Home)
This is a "must-have" for every kitchen. Obviously its chief purpose is meat pressing which it does superbly, but the other day I had a disaster with a chocolate cake which I took out of the oven too soon, tripped over something, threw the cake into the air where it fell, a bit uncooked in the middle, on to the floor. I scooped it into the original tin and cooked it a further ten minutes. WhenI took it out it looked like Mount Vesuvius. I still wasn't going to give up so out came the MEAT PRESS! I put half in the press, then a layer of raspberry jam, then the remainder on the top and pressed it in the fridge. Next day I put a thick layer of chocolate fudge topping and everyone asked for seconds and for the recipe. OF COURSE, I DIDN'T GIVE THEM THAT!

SHEILA ELLIS