Profile for Journalist1 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Men's 60's Indie Mod Retro Vintage Brown Corduroy Slim Skinny Fit Jeans
Men's 60's Indie Mod Retro Vintage Brown Corduroy Slim Skinny Fit Jeans

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb fit, elegant style, 9 Feb. 2017
Superb fit and a great style! It is so hard to find mens 5-pocket trousers in brown yet here they are at a great price.

UGREEN HDMI to DP, HDMI to Display Converter, 4Kx2K Resolution, HDMI to DisplayPort Converter with USB Power for HDTV, LCD, monitors etc
Offered by UGREEN GROUP LIMITED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Solution For The Oculus Rift, 1 Oct. 2016
Excellent product that resolves possible compatibility issues with the Oculus Rift.

Consumers and aficionado's of virtual reality were bemused to discover Facebook company Oculus went with a purely HDMI 1,4 solution as many of the newer GPU's support Display Port and this is where it gets interesting; people were finding some of the Rifts HMD (Head Mounted Display) HDMI cable's connector flaky and/or they had damaged their graphics cards hdmi socket. Subsequently, we needed a DP solution, however, many did not work but I can confirm that the Ugreen HDMI to DP Adapter does, not only that, the adaptor supports 4K which means that although the Rift only (at the moment) outputs at 1080P you will be guaranteed a nice fast data throughput which prevents any framerate issues that might crop up.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek X52 (Pro) and Saitek X55
Wheel Stand Pro for Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG, Saitek X52 (Pro) and Saitek X55

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Combination: TM Warthog + DCS + Saitek Rudders, 20 Aug. 2016
Excellent product for my Thrustmaster Warthog and DCS, allowing me to put my throttle on one base and the second stand between my legs with the Warthog helicopter adapter and the Saitek rudder pedals on the base itself.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2017 2:31 PM GMT

ORICO Aluminium USB 3.0 Hub (4-Port, Black) with 12V 2A Power Adapter, 1 m (3.3 ft) USB 3.0 Cable - High-End Series, Ultra High Speed - for Desktop PC Computer Laptop Notebook Ultrabook Tablet MacBook iMac
Offered by ORICO EU Direct Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, high-end USB 3.0 hub, 20 Aug. 2016
My story starts with the Oculus Rift, in that, the Rift is very specific about the speed, stability and performance of your on-board USB controllers. Oculus recommend a certain USB 3 add-on card as their preferred solution and this is wherein the problem lies, the company brought out a 'compatibility tool' that confirms or denies whether you system is up to scratch, my motherboard uses the Asmedia usb controllers adn as one owners are reproting huge issues with the Rift and so-called 'hdmi disconnects'. Rather than buy a new add-on card I went for this solution, a high-end, powered USB 3.0 hub which importantly, connects to the Intel usb3 controllers NOT the Asmedia. Once I did that all my poroblems went away, so I can say with experience this is the hub for me.

Aside from VR the throughout to external usb3 drives is astonishingly fast giving (for me at least) the bumper package: Stability and performance laid out in cool black aluminium.

Anker 4-Port USB 3.0 Ultra Slim Data Hub for Mac, PC, USB Flash Drives and Other Devices
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE, 24 July 2016
WARNING: Will brick your devices or fatally damage your pc.
Essentially, when you plug this in your machine will never be the same, I plugged mine in and no sooner had I done so but my pc would no longer boot beyond the bios, only by unplugging this pc-destroying device could I successfully reboot into Windows, problem, was nothing is now the same. My pc crashes, the usb devices disconnect and connect, its been a disaster.

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE.

Grin&Bear Slim Fit henley with contrast stitching T-Shirt, Long Sleeve, navy, M, GB145
Offered by i-love-outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, Fitted and A Decent Price, 26 Jun. 2016
Love' em, I have both navy blue and grey, the shirts are super soft, fit like a glove and even better reasonably priced. Wait, you're still here? QUick grab a couple while you still can! ;-)

Seriously, they are great shirts at a fair price.

Caste, Society and Politics in India from the Eighteenth Century to the Modern Age (The New Cambridge History of India)
by Susan Bayly

1.0 out of 5 stars Historical Revisionism of The Very Worse Sort, 15 Jun. 2016
Bayly, in her desperation, to blame the British for all the ills of India, rides rough-shod over the historical evidence, seemingly to match her pre-conceptions with a strange brand of odd and somewhat suspect ideology. This author, if you can describe her so, actually places the cause of the Indian caste system at the feet of the British, irrespective of the fact that India was discriminating against its own people millennia before the British even existed! The British Raj worked with what they had, a people that refused to work with each other and only after years of patient diplomacy finally, were Indians able to work together, creating one of the greatest administration systems in Asia.
Sadly, Bayly condemns generations of students who look to Wikipedia for the historical record only to discover this same author edits the articles, introducing her bias and even citing her own work as source material!
Not worth the paper its printed on, avoid.

WoodyKnows Ultra Breathable Nose / Nasal Filters (New Model) for Hay Fever, Pollen & Dust Allergies, Pet Hair and Dander Allergy, Allergic Asthma, Sinusitis, Rhinitis Relief Reliever, Block Allergens Airborne Particles, Portable Air Purifier Cleaner Mask Hepa Screen, Alternitives of Medicine Spray Strips, Breathe Easy Pure Right Free, Grooming Gardening Tanning Tan Help Tools Kit (2 Filter Frames and 6 Pairs of Replacement Filters) (III-R)
Offered by WoodyKnows

5.0 out of 5 stars Improving Your Quality of Life, 19 Aug. 2015
edit, I originally gave the product a bad review, perhaps, I should give myself one instead. Essentially, I confused the direction in which you place the filters, I tried to insert them the wrong way around.
Once I had realised the problem and reversed the filters, they fitted snugly and worked perfectly! I did an entire hoovering and dusting with no ill effects at all, considering I suffer from very bad sinusitis is praise indeed as even a single particle of dust is enough to ruin my day.
These filers are particularly good in my case as I do not have a spleen, as a result, the balance of my immune system responds twice as hard to counter allergies which leave me in a dreadful state.
It has been 24 hours since I carried out a very heavy hoovering and dusting, again, with no ill effects.
To think I used to have to wipe down eveyr surface with damp or wet clothes 3 tiems a week doesn't bear thinking about and my relief has been thanks to Woody Knows nose filters.
Thanks Wood y Knows!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 21, 2015 3:18 AM BST

Bloodborne (PS4)
Bloodborne (PS4)
Offered by KESEV DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Borne Of Success, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Bloodborne (PS4) (Video Game)
I've always loved medieval rpg's following my experience with Ultima Underworld, Darklands and The Bards Tale so it was with bitter disappointment that western developers either moved away from the genre or perverted it into commercially-driven pap rolled out of their publishing factories every two years or so.
Years later I was visiting Japan as a guest of a close friend and noticed an incredible Dark Ages-style video game, it's name? Demon Souls. I immediately researched the product and was astonished to discover that not a single western publisher was interested while Japanese publishers thought no British, American and European gamers be interested in the IP. How wrong they were, to my delight I discovered that a Chinese version of the game had not only English subtitles but actual English voice acting and what voice acting that was! The only time I had ever heard such quality was in Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King, I bought the game on the spot and rushed back home, dreading whether the game would work.........it did and that was my first experience with FROM SOFTWARE. The rest as they say is history, gamers around the world snapped up Demon Souls (GOTY) as fast as the publisher could print them. Then came Dark Souls, another huge hit (GOTY) then Dark Souls 2 (Game of the Year) and now their masterpiece BloodBorne. This PS4 exclusive introduces the player to a brand new experience, one with its origins in a dark, twisted and shadowy Victorian England where something has corrupted the country and it's people; leaving our hero to desperately seek out a cure to the disease ravaging both himself and his people. The graphics are astonishing, one moment we stand on a peak glorying in an incredible sunrise to the next being thrown deep into the misty, dank and foetid lower regions and the creatures waiting there for us. BloodBorne offers the gamer a vast array of incredible weapons, spells, items and armour, all cleverly worked out to offer the player different ways with which to protect himself, defeat his enemies and return the world to health.
In closing, game after game Playstation shows itself to be run by BY players FOR players in the types of independent games Sony approves and helps produce. Without a doubt 2015 will be the year that the publisher From Software went from being one of many to the industry's master player.

Glistening Merry Christmas Silhouette Christmas Window Decoration Fairy Lights
Glistening Merry Christmas Silhouette Christmas Window Decoration Fairy Lights
Offered by Mail Order Online Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Be The Envy Of Your Neighbours, 17 Dec. 2014
They are wonderful, the kids'll love em (in fact I spent some considerable time looking at them myself).
Okay, to the pertinent details: Well made, vibrant colours, easy to affix to the window or wall and dirt cheap, what's not to like?
Be the envy of all your neighbours (especially that Mr Khan down the street who's always giving us funny looks)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4