Profile for Gawdluvvaduck > Reviews

Gawdluvvaduck (Hertfordshire, England)

Simple Shelters: Tents, Tipis, Yurts, Domes and Other Ancient Homes
Simple Shelters: Tents, Tipis, Yurts, Domes and Other Ancient Homes
by Jonathan Horning

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, but the font is way, way too small, 22 Dec. 2012
4 Stars for content
0 Stars for readability.

Definately an interesting little book, but the font size is just too small on many of the pages making it difficult to read. The appendix showing details of selected domes includes data on sizes, sadly once again this detail is virtually unreadable due to the very small font sizes. Would have been so much more interesting in an A5 sized book, author and printer please take note.

AEI DG420 DigiSender Control Zentrum
AEI DG420 DigiSender Control Zentrum

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what it seems, 16 Nov. 2008
This item does not appear to do what it says on the box, below are some questions I asked and the answers received whilst researching this product.
Q
We have just purchased two digital TVs for our upstairs bedrooms. We subscribe to NTL cable (now Virgin Media) and would like to view the cable channels on our upstairs TVs.
Whilst viewing your site I found the "AEI DigiSender Control Zentrum".
From the description it is not completely clear if the unit allows totally free channel selection on all three TVs at the same time.
1. Would this system allow each bedroom TV to view different cable channels at the same time if the main downstairs TV is turned off?
2. If the main downstairs TV is being viewed does viewing a different channel upstairs affect the channel downstairs?
Your advice would be welcome.
A
Hello Alan
I regret, you cannot watch different NTL channels on the 3 televisions, unless you have that arrangement with NTL.
Wirelesshomes.co.uk
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reply, which I received a short while later, would suggest that the item I enquired about is completely unsuitable for the purpose I needed. I did look quite carefully to see if this item is compatible with my intended use but could not see any information suggesting that arrangements have to be made with my service provider in order to view additional TVs, is this the norm for all such devices of this nature.
Q
I was recently viewing your site considering the possibility of purchasing the above equipment, which appears to be a cheaper and better option than having a freeview aerial fitted. I was unsure about some aspects of the equipments operation so sent the following message. I have since seen that additional receivers are available however it seems pointless if I have to secure some kind of arrangements, which may cost additional monthly subscriptions, with NTL.
Could you please clarify this for me?
Alan
A
Hello Alan
You will need to have 3, NTL boxes to watch 3 different channels at the same time.
Wirelesshomes.co.uk