Profile for Missy > Reviews

The Dead Won't Sleep: Rosie Gilmour 1
The Dead Won't Sleep: Rosie Gilmour 1
by Anna Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read....a new favourite!, 22 Oct. 2011
I am very much a chick lit reader but something about this book tugged at me and i am so glad it did.

Its a fast paced, thrilling, cant put down installment by a very talented writed. Smith entices you into a world of coruption and deverstation whilst her constant flowing writing means its very hard to put this down.

I read most of this whilst on the train from Manchester to London and i soon forgot about eveyone around me, it was just so compelling and at times i was sat on the edge of my seat.

I love that this is the first of many more books to come but wish i didnt have to wait for the 2nd book!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 11, 2012 11:01 PM BST

Swimming Pool Sunday
Swimming Pool Sunday
by Madeleine Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great, easy to read book., 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Swimming Pool Sunday (Paperback)
I am a huge fan of Kinsella and whilst I have been a bit disapointed in some of her latest books like twenties girl i have been discovering the books she wrote in her past name and have really enjoyed them. This one was no diffrent.

I love how these books take no effort to read and that the writing flows nicely.

Simple plot with a predictable ending but enjoyed all the same.

Gypsy Wedding
Gypsy Wedding
by Kate Lace

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable read that gave an insight into a travellers life., 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Gypsy Wedding (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book. I thought all the matters were handles/written sensitivly.

I really empathised with the main character and i liked how real the book was but how it was written from a diffrent point of view.

Devoured in just under 2 days would love a follow up of how the character got on with the 2nd stage of her life.

The Only Way is Up
The Only Way is Up
by Carole Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed this heart warming tale....amazing, 4 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Only Way is Up (Paperback)
I loved this book so so much!

First time I have read a book by this author but so glad i did.

This was a enchanting, moving and heart warming tale that put a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes...very unusual for me!

I loved the close knitness of the characters that lived on the estate and i devoured this book in just over a day...i really did not want it to end.

Loved it!!!!!

Something from Tiffany's
Something from Tiffany's
by Melissa Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars A disapointing read that was dull from start to finish, 13 July 2011
This has to be one of the most boring books I have read in a while! It took me a good few weeks to get through after constant picking up and putting down. I even read 3 other books inbetween the time it took to read this which goes to show how fast i usually devoure a book!

Everything was just so dull, the character were dull... they were all wet and drippy with no personalities. The plot was an on going bore fest and half way through i didnt care if they got all the confusion sorted or not.

A very disapointing read, will not be reading anything else by this author thats for sure.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2011 10:37 PM BST

The Single Girl's To-Do List
The Single Girl's To-Do List

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, Frothy, girly read, 11 July 2011
I am a big fan of Kelks books and this is no exception

I really liked the concept of the book and the characters. I liked how much the main characters best friends featured heavily in the book.

This is a great summer read and whilst some parts were a bit far fetched all in all it was a great chick lit book for the beach.

Meet Me At The Cupcake Café
Meet Me At The Cupcake Café
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy book in more then one way!, 11 July 2011
It took me about half an hour to get into this book but once i got to grips with the past/present chapters i was away.

I loved the concept of the book and the recipes...i was rooting for Issy right from the start and liked that the author did not do the typical 'fairytale' book where everything magically works out from the beginning...like real life Issy had to work hard to make the cafe a success.

All in all though a great summer read.

The Beach Cafe
The Beach Cafe
by Lucy Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Great summer read - ended to soon!, 11 July 2011
This review is from: The Beach Cafe (Paperback)
I gobbled this book in 3 days on my holiday which was funnily enough was in cornwall where this book is based. I disagree with people who say it took to long to get to the point...i found the plot well spaced out and really identified with the main character though as times i thought she was to nice.

All in all a great summer read on the beach...will be reading more by this author.

Pretty Little Mistakes
Pretty Little Mistakes
by Heather Mcelhatton

4.0 out of 5 stars A novel idea and intresting read, perfect for holidays, 16 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Pretty Little Mistakes (Paperback)
I remember reading books in a similar format to this when I was a child but I have never come across one as an adult. This books is made up of lots of 2 page chapters inn which from the 2nd page you chose your journey of where you are going to go. This leaves you with countless paths to go down and hundreds of endings. Very cleaverly put together and a great read for holidays a you have one book but could spend your whole trip re-reading it and creating diffrent stories. will be purchasing the 2nd book soon.

The Wedding Girl
The Wedding Girl
by Madeleine Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok read but not as good as Kinsella's other books, 20 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Wedding Girl (Paperback)
This is the 3rd book I have read in Kinsella's real name.

Its the least one i have enjoyed, i loved cocktails for three and the gatecrasher as they both had lots of humour in them. I found the wedding girl very serious and not at all in kinsella's style of writing.

it was still an ok book and certainly not a turbulance to read, just very very diffrent to her usual even earlier styles.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8