Profile for M. Johnson > Reviews

Content by M. Johnson

M. Johnson (UK)

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)
Switched (Trylle Trilogy, Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a bit flat, 25 Feb. 2011
I was looking forward to reading this book following on from all the 5 star reviews, but I agree with the lower rating reviewers. This was not a terrible book, it was easy to read, but that was about it. The plot is very unbelievable and the characterisation weak. I did finish the book but I do struggle to see what the people who are raving about it saw that I didn't. At 49p it wasn't a disaster.

What Do People Do All Day?
What Do People Do All Day?
by Richard Scarry

1.0 out of 5 stars A fabulous book ruined by the publishers, 16 Nov. 2009
Before I start, I want to make it clear that 'What do people do all day?" is one of my all time favourite books. As a child I adored it and my children now adore my very thumbed vintage (1975) edition so I was delighted to see it back in stock and ordered it as a christmas present for a friends wee girl. I am so disappointed. The pictures are thankfully the same, but the font is awful, the titles to the stories changed for the worst and worse even than that some of the original stories are GONE!!!! Where is building a house, Posting a letter, Bread and how it is made, Cotton and how we use it..... I know that times have changed but it has not stopped my children enjoying the original book. I have sourced a second hand copy and am seriously considering returning this book, only the fact that the illustrations that remain are still as good as ever is stopping me. Shame on you Harper Collins.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 11:15 PM BST

Scrap Simple: Using Minimal Design to Create Beautiful Scrapbook Pages
Scrap Simple: Using Minimal Design to Create Beautiful Scrapbook Pages
by Hillary Heidelberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover, 27 Feb. 2008
This is a fab book with some lovely very scrap-liftable layouts. The cover layout put me off intially but it is by far the weakest layout. There are a lot of layouts, mainly graphic in style, and concentrating mainly on using stash basics like cardstock and pattered paper. Highly recommended.