Profile for Paul Harrison > Reviews

Content by Paul Harrison

Paul Harrison "pellucidus" (Market Harborough, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Novada Genuine Leather iPhone 6 6S Flip Case Cover - Vintage Collection - Tan
Novada Genuine Leather iPhone 6 6S Flip Case Cover - Vintage Collection - Tan
Offered by Maikai Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Top case!, 24 Mar. 2016
Neat, simple, attractive, stylish. Love it!

Merrell Moab Ventilator, Men's Lace-Up Low Rise Hiking Shoes - Walnut, 10 UK
Merrell Moab Ventilator, Men's Lace-Up Low Rise Hiking Shoes - Walnut, 10 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy a larger size than you think, 18 Jan. 2016
I am normally size 9 but ordered a 10 based on my previous experience with this boot and others' comments. It is slightly large but fits fine with a thick walking sock. I would recommend adding at least a half size to your normal shoe size when buying this shoe. So it 'fits as expected' only because I ordered a larger size! It is however a great walking shoe - this is my third pair!

NEW Re-Wind Wind-up Splashproof AM/FM Bathroom Shower Radio - Ideal Accessory for the Bathroom or Outdoor use, Never Needs Batteries! (Cool White Version)
Offered by Dutchwest-Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little wind-up radio, 9 Dec. 2014
Not the best reception and not the easiest to tune, but once you've got it working it's very good - and it can go surprisingly loud!

NETGEAR WNDA3100-200PES N600 802.11n Dual Band (300 Mbps/300 Mbps) Wi-Fi USB Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for VIERA smart TV, 9 Dec. 2014
Bought this (as recommended) for our Panasonic Viera smart TV. Works a treat - and a fraction of the cost of the original Panasonic dongle (if you could get hold of one that is!). Highly recommended.

Lakeland Red Stain Proof Microwave Multi Rice & Vegetable Steamer 2.5L
Lakeland Red Stain Proof Microwave Multi Rice & Vegetable Steamer 2.5L
Offered by andys emporiumcouk

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and sturdy, 9 Dec. 2014
Excellent sturdy product. Best microwave steamer we've had! Highly recommended.

High-Sensitive Mini Stylus Pen + Anti-Dust Plug for iPhone (White)
High-Sensitive Mini Stylus Pen + Anti-Dust Plug for iPhone (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat!, 6 Aug. 2012
This is a great little product - very sensitive and easy to use. I previously had a mini stylus that dangled from the iPhone earphone socket, but in my opinion this is much better.

Q2 Wi-Fi Internet Radio with Full Motion Tip and Tilt Control - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Q2 cutie - a brilliant novel concept in radio, 10 Nov. 2011
This is a brilliant invention. Looks fabulous and it's so easy to use. If you want up-to-date technology made simple then this radio is for you. Also sounds extremely good, which is quite important for a radio! The only reason I have given it 4 stars rather than 5 is that I had a few teething problems setting it up (although everything is kept as straightforward as possible); eventually I discovered that I had to restart my PC with the Q2 attached (by the USB cord provided) and then run it attached to the mains until it was fully charged up. But don't let any of that stuff put you off buying it, it's a great innovative product. Some reviewers have said it is too expensive and should cost no more than 30 or 40 pounds. Well, I think you don't get clever technology like this for peanuts.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2012 7:16 PM BST

Revo Mondo Wi-fi Internet Radio Adapter
Revo Mondo Wi-fi Internet Radio Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget - has transformed my radio listening, 10 Nov. 2011
I had read mixed reviews of the Revo Mondo Wi-Fi Radio Adapter, but I can assure anyone considering buying this product that it is just great - easy to set up, works without a hitch, and it has opened up a new world of radio listening. I live in an area where FM reception is poor and DAB non-existent, so my (rather good) hi-fi tuner had remained almost totally unused. But now I'm back in business with as much station choice as you could possibly want and access to channels (like BBC Radio 6) that I had never been able to get before. Well constructed, easy instructions and looks good too. Just great.

The Way to Love
The Way to Love
by Anthony De Mello

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 24 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Way to Love (Hardcover)
I had previously read and been impressed by Anthony de Mello's earlier book 'Awareness', which for me was a good follow up to 'The Power of Now' and other works by Eckhart Tolle. Although the (deliberately) ambiguous title of the book nearly put me off, I decided that I would follow other people's recommendations and read it. And I am so glad I did. This is an incredibly important book. It is difficult and challenging, and there are some parts that seem impossible to accept. But without doubt this is a book that everyone should experience. It requires a fair deal of soul searching and self analysis, which can be uncomfortable, but ultimately it is a supremely rewarding book. All I can say, sincerely, is that everyone should read this book.

Sunspray® SE 360 solar fountain for small ponds and containers with battery backup and adjustable flow pump
Offered by PowerBee Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little solar fountain pump, 25 Jun. 2010
I bought this to replace a floating solar pond fountain which gave up the ghost after a year or so of use. The reason this pump is so good is that it has a separate solar panel which you can direct to maximise the amount of sun it captures, and has a rechargeable battery pack which stores the solar energy and keeps the pump going when the sun goes in. Brilliant. And eco-friendly! This pump can be used in a variety of applications - it comes with a float (which the fountain head pokes through) so you can use it very simply as a little floating pond fountain, as I have. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2