Profile for Monica > Reviews

Content by Monica

Monica "Truthseeker" (Herstmonceux, U.K.)

Page: 1 | 2
Grieg - Holberg Suite, Poetic Tone Pictures, Lyric Pieces,
Grieg - Holberg Suite, Poetic Tone Pictures, Lyric Pieces,
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 May 2016
Lovely music beautifully played.

Home Decoration Vintage Style MDF Flowers and Butterflies Scene Vintage Style Wall Clock 28 cm
Offered by Obique

1.0 out of 5 stars Although this is a very pretty clock it simply does not work, 6 May 2016
Although this is a very pretty clock it simply does not work.
I have checked and adjusted all the hands in case it was 'binding' (it was) and got it going twice but it has eventually failed both times.
I can't be bothered to send it back as it cost so little, but it will have to be consigned to the rubbish bin and I must look for another one of better quality. Disappointing.
I would add that I took my life in my hands several times climbing a ladder to put it on and take it off the wall. Not a sensible thing to do when you are 85!

The Moon That Hides a Secret
The Moon That Hides a Secret

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating!, 18 April 2016
An absolutely fascinating book.
I just wish I knew for sure that it is all true. If so, we are being kept well in the dark (with no moonlight)!

From Italy With Love: Such a summery escape you won't need a holiday!
From Italy With Love: Such a summery escape you won't need a holiday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing storyline., 12 Nov. 2015
I haven't finished reading it yet but I love it so far. Absorbing and unusual.
Lots of printer's errors though, words left out mainly.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2015 11:10 AM GMT

Hoover SP60DSR6 Handy Rechargeable Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 6 V
Hoover SP60DSR6 Handy Rechargeable Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, 6 V

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent small vac to whizz round with between using the ..., 10 Oct. 2015
Excellent small vac to whizz round with between using the main cleaner. Has good suction and picks up most small bits and pieces. I had the 4.8 version and decided to update to the 6v which has stronger suction. I am well satisfied.

Making Merrye - Joyful Medieval Songs And Dances
Making Merrye - Joyful Medieval Songs And Dances

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 28 May 2015
This was given as a present so I have not heard it.

Renaissance Dances: David Munrow, The Early Music Consort of London
Renaissance Dances: David Munrow, The Early Music Consort of London

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal David Munrow, 28 May 2015
As a longstanding fan of David Munrow since the days of Pied Piper, this was a joy to listen to again in CD form.

Pachelbel & Fasch : Orchestral Works
Pachelbel & Fasch : Orchestral Works

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 Sept. 2014
Superb CD.

Kingfisher Traditional Windmill Wind Powered & Led Solar Light Garden Ornament
Kingfisher Traditional Windmill Wind Powered & Led Solar Light Garden Ornament
Offered by Millco Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little windmill, 15 Aug. 2014
Brilliant little windmill, looks great in the garden and has the added bonus of lighting up at night. I am delighted with it.

The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate
The Lost World of Genesis One: Ancient Cosmology and the Origins Debate

1.0 out of 5 stars I was disappointed. It was like wading through treacle, 7 Aug. 2014
I am a seeker after Truth, and looked forward to reading this book. I was disappointed. It was like wading through treacle, with only occasional 'nuggets' hidden in the morass, and I did not agree with most of it anyway. I believe Genesis I SHOULD be read literally, (except for the 7 'days'), remembering that it WAS written for simple people who would not have understood the scientific side of the subject.
The author renders the awe and majesty of the Creation into something insignificant, which it was never meant to be. In other words, Psychobabble!
If you want a book to send you to sleep, this is the one!
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 7, 2016 10:01 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2