Profile for stargazer > Reviews

Ortofon 2M-Red Plug N Play Cartridge with integrated Headshell
Ortofon 2M-Red Plug N Play Cartridge with integrated Headshell
Offered by AudioVisual Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 15 Jan. 2015
Be aware that this cartridge is quite heavy, and depending on your turntable's tonearm, you might need auxiliary counterweight to calibrate it. I have a Technics 1200 and I needed the auxiliary counterweight.

The Ortofon 2M produces a very warm clear sound. Very happy with it.

Algorithms in a Nutshell
Algorithms in a Nutshell
by George T. Heineman

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good guide, 12 Sept. 2010
This book is a very quick and handy guide to algorithms and data structures. Personally it helped me get a much better understanding than I already had. The examples, algorithms and pseudocodes are presented intuitively, and it definitely is a great addition to my library.

Head First Java
Head First Java
by Kathy Sierra

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazed, 23 July 2010
This review is from: Head First Java (Paperback)
I have to say first that I have tried in the past to learn Java. I was disappointed though by the books I had read, so I always stopped.
Four years later, I did another attempt with the Head First Java book. I am speechless. The writers really have a unique style. Everything is explained and nothing is left in doubt. While reading the book I had many questions in my head. Every single one of them was answered in one of the next pages.
The technical in-depth details are explained using intuitive examples, easy to understand and remember.
If you want to learn Java, this book is the best starting point. Highly recommended. Excellent content, excellent style. I can't wait to read the rest of this series :)