Profile for Omnisam > Reviews

Content by Omnisam

Omnisam

Dissidia 012 : Final Fantasy - Legacy Edition (PSP)
Dissidia 012 : Final Fantasy - Legacy Edition (PSP)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm...not as good as the first., 9 Feb. 2014
Well start with the good I guess.
-New characters, very cool including a dragoon, my personal favourite job.
-New maps including some real belters.
-New story mode and storyline, good good very good.
-New battle music including some ones that you wouldn't expect.

Now for the stuff I don't like so much.
-Some of the Hp attack abilities have been changed, especially the mage ones...making them...overpowered and homing...this is not good...you dodge the attack and yet it still follows you are drags you in...it's a backwards step in my eyes.
-Most of the enemy have become in some ways overpowered...they pull insane combos out of nowhere and lock you in with combo after combo, some do damage that is quadruple yours pretty much from nowhere...and the assist system is just licence for the AI to punish you in ways you can't even imagine....the first game was doable however you played it...even if Jecht and Chaos really threw a thorn in your side...but in this one it's just got ridiculous....it's not that they are better than you...they just do things you can't...a real real disappointment.
-I appreciate that it let me bring all my characters into the game from the first one, Onion knight, Cloud, Squall, Zidane, Tidus, Sephiroth, Jecht and Gabranth all level 100 and I really appreciate that I don't have to 'grind' them levels out again....but you bring them through and all the hours that I spent acquiring each one of their exclusive weapons and the best armour...you can't use them at their level because they get smashed to pieces in an instant...and I really do not want to do all that again.

I'm sure there is more but that should give you a good idea...it's still got the same feel of the first one...but really it doesn't improve any...I couldn't bring myself to finish the story modes....I put about 140 hours into the first one but this one lost me after 10 or so....I wouldn't really recommend it to anyone...but it's not a 'bad game'.

Scott Pilgrim Bundle Vs 1-6
Scott Pilgrim Bundle Vs 1-6
by Bryan Lee O'Malley

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good., 9 Feb. 2014
As comic/graphic novels go, this has to be one of the best....the writing is funny and the illustration is great...really makes you think twice about the film, but don't compare the two, just buy this and enjoy it, it was so good I demolished it and I only read it during my lunch hour at work, really is full of excellent content, you won't go wrong if you buy it.

Distant Worlds II: More Music From Final Fantasy
Distant Worlds II: More Music From Final Fantasy
Offered by ffdistantworlds

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 9 Feb. 2014
This really is a quality piece of musical masterpiece...as a big final fantasy fan (you know bar the not so good ones) it has kind of nostalgia to me...but even if you haven't played final fantasy you will enjoy this...I gave it to a workmate to listen to and he enjoyed it very much.

Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP)
Star Ocean: Second Evolution (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easily one of the best RPG's to date., 9 Feb. 2014
I haven't actually played this copy I bought yet, but bare with me. I did have this game, even had the original on ps1....but I lost this game in a breakup....they stoles it...MY PRECIOUS.....sorry wrong series there....anyway this game is brilliant, full of depth and choices and 255 levels to achieve...no two play throughs should be the same, so much customization available....different characters and private actions up for grabs...you will miss most of it without a walkthrough...but don't spoil the game with that...and play it on hard...the way games are meant to be played....
This updated version brings in what I would say is a big difference in battle that is Claude's ability to perform a three hit combo as opposed to his original single slash...early on this helps a lot and negates the need for spamming of battle skills.....also they changed his best moves name and what he shouts from mirror slice to mirror blade....big disappointment for me...but if you haven't played it you won't notice...anyway this game is better than most games you can pick up today...it's on par with star ocean till the end of time, final fantasy 7,9 & 10...and if you say they aren't good games...then you really don't know what you are talking about do you....find a large building and go to the top...I'm not saying jump...I'm just saying do the world a favour and make the right choice.
10/10 buy it.

Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)
Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)
Offered by Netro Enterprise

1.0 out of 5 stars No idea why they re-released this garbage., 23 April 2012
I could go into a lot of things but I will keep it short. This game (3 games) is the biggest waste of money I have ever spend on amazon. It is poor all round, the only good thing is the music and the concept. Do yourself a favour and go buy a game that doesn't suck.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 27, 2012 3:00 PM GMT

SuperTooth Buddy Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit for Smartphone Devices - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 23 April 2012
This is a great little device. Came quickly which is good. I set it up in a matter of minutes, no hassle at all. When I tried it out the first thing I asked the person on the other end was "can you hear me?" to which their reply was "loud and clear". It is great on both ends, if you want a good inexpensive product then this is the one.