Profile for John Kaizer > Reviews

Content by John Kaizer

John Kaizer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Vicovation Power Plus (Vico-Power Plus) Car Dvr Professional Hardwire Kit 2015 12V 24V All in One
Offered by HDIGITAL EYE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 1 Jan. 2017
If you've not spent time like me messing around with cars this can at first seem daunting; Don't be put off, it's actually pretty easy to fit. My suggestion is to order 2 of these:
They enable you to piggy back off existing fuse slots that are already being used. They come with a selection of fuses, I used 10 (the red ones) for both mine. You put them in the top slot and the existing fuses in the bottom slot, they don't need to be the same colour (something that took me a while to realize).
Start by wiring the yellow and red cables into their own seperate fuse tap. Slide back the clear plastic sleeve and then crimp the wire in place using pliers, slide back the sleeve and you have the battery and ACC sorted. For the black cable it needs to be attached to a metal part of the car body, you'll see existing cables attached like this already, the existing cables may be brown.
The next important step is to find a fuse diagram for your car. In my car (Mercedes W204) the correct fuse box is in the boot/trunk. I wired the red cable (ACC) to fuse 71 which is the cigarette lighter, and to provide constant power I went with fuse 46 which is the alarm fuse (verified with my Mercedes mechanic).
Tip - To remove the existing fuses use the yellow grabber tool in the fuse tap kit to lift out the fuse.
Once I had plugged in the taps and ground the wire I turned on the unit and got a message about 'BATT'. At first I thought this was an error, it's not and is actually what you want to see. You can turn the car on at this point and set it up as needed.
Tip - If you are not installing this for a Vico camera turn off the power reboot function (it will restart your camera everytime you turn the engine on if you don't). That was the case with my dashcam, yours might be different.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2017 4:50 PM GMT

Galaxy Aqua 4000si 10.5KW Electric Shower
Galaxy Aqua 4000si 10.5KW Electric Shower

5.0 out of 5 stars A good shower, 20 Dec. 2016
After having this shower for nearly 10 years I feel I should give a review. The unit has been used almost daily, it has a great feature that flushes through the heated water after you turn it off, I attribute this feature as an aid to its long life. It's true that it has not been without issues, you learn quickly not to run the washing machine at the same time, the middle button broke after about 5 years despite rarely being used, and we had to replace the hose a couple of times, but overall it's been very reliable and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

DownShift (Skid Row Kings Book 1)
DownShift (Skid Row Kings Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Quite possibly the worst thing I've ever read, 24 Nov. 2016
Do you like jerks who magically turn nice for no reason? How about women who fall in love with a guy after he's horrible to her? And if you like first person narratives that get the tense wrong and end sentences with prepositions, characters with no substance, and the usage of the word 'princess ' 50 times per page, then this is the book for you!
I read this to the end, as I paid 99p, and wow. It just gets worse. Sentences like, ' "hey man, don't disrespect the coffee!" I seriously don't like when coffee is disrespected. I wanted to hit him with my coffee cup.' Just astounded me.
The cover says "Amazon best selling author ". I have no way to know if that is true, but if it is, more power to her, at least she wrote something that made her a little money. I just wish it was better. Much better.

Shooter (Burnout Book 1)
Shooter (Burnout Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written, captivating, and just right, 7 May 2016
Really well written. Author definitely knows how to reveal plot clues little by little to keep you guessing, which I really liked. Once you find out everyone's secrets, you just can't help but love all the characters. Nice, fast pace, and some good steamy scenes! Not too sex-heavy as well, there's an actual decent story there which was great. Can't wait to read the whole series!

Unseen Messages
Unseen Messages

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 1 May 2016
This review is from: Unseen Messages (Kindle Edition)
The was quite simply the best book I have read since Outlander. And I'm being quite serious. To have a female protagonist who is likable is very rare for me, but to have her be strong, capable, compassionate and smart in a romance novel is just so very rare. And to have the flawed love interest be captivating without resorting to clichés of being 'dark', well, bravo. I really would like to know if this really did happen to the author, I read it that way because of the preface, but then read her profile and it didn't even mention the events, so I am left to wonder?
This is one of those few books that has you so immersed you think about them as if they are people you know, and you weep for their pain.
I read it on Kindle Unlimited, but I want a print version for my shelves, it's that good!

Lev: a Shot Callers novel
Lev: a Shot Callers novel

3.0 out of 5 stars Falls flat, 15 Mar. 2016
I read this based on all the 5 star reviews, but honestly? I cannot see what those reviewers are seeing. Numerous typos, incorrect spellings and tenses of verbs throughout, which is so distracting. The story and characters were unique and had so much potential, so I kept reading on, but sadly it just completely falls flat and then is suddenly all wrapped up at the end with annoying holes.
*spoliers here on out*
Our protagonist, Mina, could have really been someone with so much more substance--but no. Yes, she is nice, sassy when need be, but it ends there. She calls her dark scary sexy Russian love interest sweetie? Really? The main villains, mobsters, mind you, just conveniently start being nice and acting like family. Or they conveniently kill themselves. Lev was probably the only interesting character, and the only one with any good growth or character arc. I'm sad to say I was just left feeling like there were too many holes. Whatever happened with Nas and Vik? And why did Anika slap Sasha and walk out? Why even have that in there? Ugh. And as for the love scenes...just blah. Boring and very far from steamy. For a book that centers around a strip club, I found this bizarre!

48:13
48:13

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Kasabian, love this album., 19 July 2014
This review is from: 48:13 (Audio CD)
Do not think this will be anything like other albums, it's very electronic, psychedelic rock and less what we've heard from Kassabian up until this point. Try and listen with an open mind.
Sergio wrote, composed and produced this album, so it's more his style, in my opinion. And it still rocks.
That said, there are some very good tracks on here, My favourites being Bumblebee, Stevie, Glass (although I don't personally care for the 2nd half), Clouds and of course Eez-eh. For me, that's enough good tracks to rate this a 5 star album.

Haden Mini Hob model 17926
Haden Mini Hob model 17926

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh., 19 July 2014
Does not hold temperature. Good for a pinch if you need extra burners to cook vegetables on for Christmas dinner, but don't expect much more than that.

Melissa & Doug Bixie Butterfly Binoculars
Melissa & Doug Bixie Butterfly Binoculars

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but completely useless, 26 May 2014
These are the cutest little binoculars, and my daughter was so thrilled to get them for her 5th birthday, but they are literally useless as actual binoculars. I would say the magnification is maybe .25x?? The flimsy plastic adjustment dial doesn't focus or do much of anything other than pretend to be like actual binocs. One week on and she's asking to use my birdwatching binocs instead.

Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Net
Melissa & Doug Bella Butterfly Net
Offered by Blue Frog Toys Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 26 May 2014
I gave this to my 5 year old daughter for her birthday and she was thrilled! She spent the next 2 hours trying to catch butterflies in the garden, and success! The net is deep enough that the butterflies don't get harmed, and she was able to get it out and put in her coordinating butterfly cage for observation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3