Profile for the dilettante > Reviews

Content by the dilettante

the dilettante (North West England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
AmazonBasics 3-Button USB Optical Mouse Black
AmazonBasics 3-Button USB Optical Mouse Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 July 2017
Great basic mouse.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought this expecting and fearing the worst. I needn't have worried as I now have ..., 18 July 2017
Bought a new computer and only got 6 months' subscription to Office included. What a rip-off. Bought this expecting and fearing the worst. I needn't have worried as I now have Office for a fraction of the ludicrous amounts charged by M****S***. Fantastic.

ESPRIT Women's Paisley Tee Paisley Short Sleeve Tops, Blue, 10 (Manufacturer Size:Small)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely T-Shirt in Cornflower Blue, 18 July 2017
This is a seriously cute t-shirt, in a gorgeous Mediterranean shade of cornflower blue. Like all ESPRIT t-shirts it's quite small across the bust, so you have to make sure you get the right size. I'm a 10 up top and I found the Small fits perfectly. The picture o the website is accurate for once, although it shows the blue as slightly lighter than in reality. I'm a sucker for paisley, so the pattern is a bonus, but be aware it's not embroidered, but printed in that weird rubbery stuff, so if you have a latex aversion, don't buy. Otherwise lovely.

M&Co Ladies Classic Navy Blue Linen Rich Fabric Single Breasted With Mock Front Pockets Blazer Jacket Navy 12

3.0 out of 5 stars Big and boxy, but not bad overall, 18 July 2017
This is a decent jacket - it's fairly well made and the fabric is OK. I have 3 quibbles with it: it's not at all fitted and is very boxy; it has shoulder pads (why?); it's big. All of these could be plusses for someone else. For me they make the jacket less of a good buy. I'm quite small, so the jacket swamps me a bit. Still, if I put a bit of weight on, it might become my new favourite!

Mountain Warehouse Semi-Hard Sunglasses Zip Case Travel Lightweight Foldable Pack Away Accessory Black
Offered by Mountain Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Specs saved by chunky case, 6 July 2017
Bought for husband. He still loses his glasses ten times a day, but now they're in this chunky case we have a fighting chance of finding them. Previously his rimless specs disappeared into the background, resulting in them being sat on more than once. It's a solid case, seems well-made. He's happy; I'm happy.

HELIX 801710 RULER, TRADITIONAL WOODEN, 30CM, OXFORD New
HELIX 801710 RULER, TRADITIONAL WOODEN, 30CM, OXFORD New
Offered by Bargain Gateway

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy days are here again, 6 July 2017
Happy days are here again. Me and my husband take turns to put cushions down the back of our trousers and beat each other with this ruler. It's just like our dear old school days!

It's a serious bit of nostalgia, with the compass markings on the back. All I want now is a nibbled down fountain pen and an inkwell to take me back to the 60s. Nicely made and does all the things a ruler should, while being nice to look at and hold. What more could the human heart desire of a ruler?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 16, 2017 8:32 PM BST

New Look Women's Metallic Stripe Short Sleeve Top, Silver, 12
New Look Women's Metallic Stripe Short Sleeve Top, Silver, 12

4.0 out of 5 stars so it's loose and comfortable in this muggy weather we're having, 6 July 2017
It's a muted top - not as light coloured as the picture shows; more of a manila buff colour. Quite a square shape, so it's loose and comfortable in this muggy weather we're having. I had to cut the scratchy labels out, but the fit was good (I generally buy a size larger as New Look clothes are for the Very Young and Wee) and generally this is a good value, casual summer T-shirt that looks nice paired with natural coloured linen trousers.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Logo Badge Embroidered Patch 3.5" Sew-on or Iron-on
Buffy the Vampire Slayer Logo Badge Embroidered Patch 3.5" Sew-on or Iron-on
Offered by Jean Junction

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffy 4eva!, 6 July 2017
Just what I wanted to feed my continuing Buffy obsession. One day I'll grow up .... but I'm 60 now and it hasn't happened yet!

ESPRIT Collection Women's Fluent S Viscos Short Sleeve Blouse, Off-White (Off White), 10 (Manufacturer Size:Small)

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty top, now good value for money too, 6 July 2017
I have several Esprit T-shirts so I thought I knew how they fitted me. This top I have found to be a bit strangely shaped across the bust - maybe due to the dolman sleeves. However the fabric is very pretty so I'm keeping it. The pattern and colours are very similar to the picture here, which is what I wanted - quite muted. It is quite long on a short (5 ft 2in) person, so tucking in is the way to go. Will look equally good with jeans and workwear, so I'm happy.

Fly London Women Wege669Fly Heels Sandals, Silver (Lead 006), 5 UK 38 EU
Fly London Women Wege669Fly Heels Sandals, Silver (Lead 006), 5 UK 38 EU
Offered by FYFO

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made and sturdy sandals that should last a good few years, 3 July 2017
My second pair - first pair black. Couldn't resist once these came down in price. Probably should've bought a smaller pair as I find they run a bit large, but the 4s were 20 quid more expensive for some reason. Very well made and sturdy sandals that should last a good few years. And cute! Don't forget the cuteness!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20