Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for K. Rahman > Reviews

Content by K. Rahman

K. Rahman

[Pack of 2] Samsung Galaxy S7 Glass Screen Protector, ScreenSkin® 0.3mm Tempered Glass Crystal HD Clear Transparent Screen Protector
Offered by Inspire retail ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 16 Mar. 2017
Took a week and a half to arrive. When it finally did, the first screen protector cracked from attempting to peel the front film. The second one did not fit around the phone at all, there were air bubbles around the edges. Do not recommend, at all.

Orzly® FUSION Bumper Case Cover Shell for Oneplus 2 / OnePlus TWO - Protective Hard Cover with Impact Absorbing BLACK Rubber Rim and Clear Back Panel
Offered by Orzly

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional case, with a dumb oversight., 5 Sept. 2015
First impressions of this case was good; has a nice matte texture on the sides with a glossy, high quality plastic feel at back. The back is a bit slippery, but you'll be gripping the sides whilst holding the phone anyway, plus I haven't had instances where the phone's vibration caused it to fall off a table. In terms of finish, the case has been manufactured very well, with no sharp edges, uneveness or glue being visible anywhere. The case also doesn't add much thickness to the phone, and creates a ridge which elevates the phone's screen above a flat surface, if you were to place it face down on a table. It's still difficult to use one handed, but that's just because the OnePlus 2 is a 5.5 inch behemoth. So far so good, but here's where it loses some crucial points.

The cut outs. While accessing the volume rocker, power button and headphone jack is fine, it becomes a little trickier to use the notification switch. You have to dig your fingers in a little deeper, and from my experience anyway, can no longer adjust the switch one handed. I can deal with that, but what I can't really understand is why the cut out for the USB Type-C is so small! The cable that comes with the OnePlus 2 doesn't even fit, you have to wedge it in quite hard for it to make contact with the phone. This is even more annoying when you consider Orzly have a picture on the product page showing the USB C cable fitting through the case perfectly. Something else that really annoyed me was the delivery time; I waited almost 2 weeks for the damn thing! Which I don't understand because it was sent through Royal Mail 24.

Anyway, the product lost 1.5 stars for the USB-C cut out flaw, and 0.5 stars for the snails pace delivery time. Everything else though is exceptional, which is shame because it's such fantastic looking case, with a dumb oversight.

Update: so after a day of use, I've managed to stretch out the USB-C port cutout. So now my charger actually goes all the way through. Still requires a little bit of force though. Bumped rating to 3.5 stars.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2015 1:59 AM BST

ADMI Knight GTX 750TI Gaming PC with WINDOWS 7 (AMD FX-6300 6 Core Bulldozer CPU OVERCLOCKED to 3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 750TI 2GB DDR3 Graphics Card, 1TB Hard Drive, 8GB DDR3 Memory, HDMI 1080p, USB 3.0) (pre-installed with Windows 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for its price, 27 Jun. 2013
NOTE: When I reviewed this PC, it had an FX-6100 processor, a Radeon 6670 Graphics card and a different case. The seller is updating the PC's components so the computer doesn't become out-dated (which is fair enough). As I can't be updating this review every time a change happens, I suggest using this review as a basis to how to how the computer will perform, and ignore the bits discussing it's aesthetics.

So after using the PC for over a month now, I thought I'd share my personal experience. I bought it when it had blue LEDs and did not come with any games, as it was reduced in price, which is perfectly understandable.
In terms of aesthetics, this is all really preference, but personally I think it looks very good, something you might imagine Optimus Prime using. The PC itself sits between the ranges of being medium / large. As a reference, the computer's legs sit fine on my small desk (about 26cm in height), while sticking out by about 10cm. Ports on the top, which includes 2 USB 2.0 ports, a headphone, microphone port and 2 buttons (power on the left) are easily accessible. All the ports work fine, except the headphone jack, which produces a tinny sound unless I twist the headphone's connector cable until the right sound is achieved, though this may just be my PC.

At the back there are a slew of ports, and I've had no issues with any of them. It should be noted that this PC does not come with WIFI, so if you want wireless internet you'll have to either install one yourself or plug in a USB WIFI adapter, which is what I did, and it works great. A disk drive is included, which I believe is a Samsung Super Writemaster. During operation, the PC fans are relatively quiet, not enough to drive you insane and not enough that you can't hear them. The LEDs are a nice touch.

On the Windows Experience Index, the FX-6100 scored 7.3 on processor, 7.8 on memory, 6.7 on graphics and gaming graphics and 5.9 on primary hard disk. The high clockspeed of 3.3 GHz in combination with the 8GB of Kingston ram means that opening and closing applications, and in general browsing around is smooth. Occasionally my computer stutters freezing for a second, but this doesn't occur frequently enough to deter the experience. Programmes such as Photoshop work smoothly, and other people have reported that the FX-6100 processor is capable of handling video editing quite well.

Now, the gaming, which is handled by a Radeon HD 6670. The graphics card is fairly low budget, being priced under £80, bit it's capable of handling the heavy games, with the right settings. I obtained an average of 70 - 80 FPS on games such as Fallout: New Vegas, Far Cry 2, Arkham Asylum on high settings by adjusting my resolution. Games such as Crysis or Battlefield have been played with a good FPS on the 6670; you might be able to play on low or medium settings with 30fps, with the right settings. Still, the 6670 can handle a lot of games, and this is a custom built PC, thus you have the ability to upgrade your card whenever you feel inclined to do so.

To summaries, the FX-6100 Gaming PC contains some really good specs for the price, which allows it to perform tasks very well. The graphics card, though low budget, is still capable. If you want to get into PC gaming or are just on a budget, then this is a great choice. Below are some links I left which will hopefully prove to be useful.

AMD Bulldozer FX-6100 Socket AM3+ 6 Core Processor - 3.30GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo - For further reviews on the processor itself.

VTX3D AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (2GB, DDR3, PCI Express 2.1, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, AMD CrossFireX, AMD HD3D Technology) - For further reviews on the graphics card. This may not be the specific variant, but should be similar or identical.

videocardbenchmark.net - A great site that lists benchmark results for hundreds of graphics cards and processors.

Tenda W311M 150Mbps Wireless USB Network Interface Card - The USB WIFI adapter I use, very small and works great.

Update August 28, 2013: The PC doesn't stutter or freeze anymore (hasn't done it for several months). Iv'e had the chance to test a lot more games, including but not limited to The Sims 3, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Dues Ex: Human Revolution, The Elder Scrolls IV, and all work fine. Albeit, Battlefield required lots of tweaking and all games were on low - medium settings.

Update December 24, 2013: Many months later and the computer's still running like a champ. I eventually gained the confidence and took the plunge of upgrading its graphics card; I say plunge as this was the first time I was tinkering with its components. Needless to say, the entire process was a breeze, and for anyone worried or not too confident about foregoing this task, have a look at some YouTube videos to get a good idea. By doing this, I was able to clearly differentiate and recognize each component. I replaced the computer's Radeon 6670 with a Radeon 7770 GHz Edition. For a £80, it's incredible the performance it chugs out. I can now play games like Battlefield 3 on High or Ultra settings with 70 - 80 FPS. So if the current card isn't quite doing it for you, I say get curious, gain that confidence, let your inner PC gamer out and start upgrading!

Update January 3, 2015: The fact that it's been 1 year and 8 months since I bought this computer and delved into PC gaming amazes me. Since it initial purchase, the PC has ran like a champ, and though I've come across a blue screen of death and some crashes, this is down to my own fault. As I've stated in my note above, I can't update this review anymore due to the components constantly changing, and because I won't be owning this computer anymore as for the first time, I've made my own custom build. I just wanted to end this review by saying that through time and tinkering, anyone can gain a moderate level of expertise on PCs. It all seemed daunting to me at first, as I had little-to-know knowledge on computers (I'm sure a lot of you are in a similar position to how I was, thus why you're here reading this review, or you're just bored). But through time and tinkering, I'm now the one helping friends on computer builds, and being that "go-to guy" for troubleshooting PC issues. I'm going to end this in a similar manner to my December 2013 update, by encouraging everyone to gain that confidence and knowledge on PC's, so in a years time, you can to gain the satisfaction of knowing you have a PC that you put you're blood, sweat and tears into, and one that you can call truly yours. So let your inner PC gamer out and start tinkering!

Sapphire 11201-17-20G AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 GHZ Graphics Card (HDMI, DVI-I,PCI Express 3.0, 128-Bit, AMD CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology) - The graphics card I installed and am using as of writing, if you're interested. It fits inside the casing beautifully, is only marginally noisier than the previous card, performs very well and is excellently priced.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 9, 2014 7:14 PM BST

DIGIFLEX PS2 to Sony PS3 USB Game Controller Converter Adapter
DIGIFLEX PS2 to Sony PS3 USB Game Controller Converter Adapter
Offered by Digiflex

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, with only one gripe, 23 April 2011
The product does as it states and it does it very well; setting eveything up is stupidly easy. I found that when using a Dual Shock 2 in conjunction with the adapter, that it works just like a Dual Shock 3 or Six-axis controller except without the Six-axis feature obviously, so it works extremely well. I would say that using the adapter with a Dual Shock 2 is better than using most of the third-party PS3 controllers, which in my experience either have dead-zones, lag input or are over-priced.

My only gripe with this product is that you can only access the menu where you hold the PS button on a normal dual shock, you can't actually access the XMB while in game so you'll need something else which will allow you to do so, which gets tedious. Also just know that unless your controller has a trigger, which most PS2 controllers don't then playing racing games or any game that uses the trigger sensitivity will be pretty difficult, though playing any other game is fine. So in a nutshell, if you're looking to not spend a lot on a new PS3 controller and currently own a PS2 controller (whether it's the Dual Shock 2 or not), then I definitely recommend this, just remember to consider that point about the triggers!

Toshiba MK1252GSX 2.5" 120gb Internal SATA Hard Disk Drive
Toshiba MK1252GSX 2.5" 120gb Internal SATA Hard Disk Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice, not-too-expensive HDD, 10 Jun. 2010
I bought this hard drive for my PS3 as it was cheap and I was running out of memory with my measly 40GB HDD. It was pretty simple installing it, but I would recommend anyone who hasn't replaced the PS3's hard drive before to look up a step-by-step video or guide. I would also say watch out for those 4 pesky silver screws as they are extremely fragile and can be stripped if not careful, thankfully I was careful and it was in my console in a split second. When I installed it I got a prompt to format it, though I have no idea why as it was brand new and had nothing in it but it only takes a few seconds. During game play it was very quite though not dead silent like the pre-installed hard drive, as it did make the faintest sound at times, but I'm being picky as a lot of the times, it's rarely noticeable. The only real deal breaker for me was that you start off with 97GB, with the PS3 taking up the rest, which I could have done so much with but all hard drives never produce the exact amount due to the PS3 itself needing extra memory. In a nutshell, if you want a cheap but a high memory capacity hard drive for your PS3 that performs very efficiently and quietly then I would definitely recommend this hard drive to anyone.

Update:
Well 5 long months later and hard drive is still performing very efficiently, no break downs or problems what-so-ever. Still 5*'s!

LG Stylus for Viewty Black
LG Stylus for Viewty Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stylus, 5 Sept. 2009
At first glance, it looks quite nice compared to other styluses that usually come with phones. There's a small looped string on top of the cap so you can attach it to your phone, the cap comes on and off easily although it doesn't snap shut to make it more secure but it stays on well. The stylus is retractable so you can make it longer or shorter and the general build quality of the product is quite good. Only negative that I can think of is the size of the stylus, it's approximately 3/4 of the size of a credit card length ways but then I guess that makes it that much more portable. Overall though, a great stylus that's worth purchasing.

Nokia 5800 Tube Xpressmusic Black Silicon Skin Case with Screen Protector by Qubits

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it's supposed to, 5 Aug. 2009
It is a good product and does what it's supposed to, protect your phone. The screen protector was excellent and fitted on my phone screen perfectly. The bad points of this product is that the case makes your phone bulkier and gets quite dusty, also the material does feel quite cheap, but overall a good cheap case.