Profile for K. Johansen > Reviews

Content by K. Johansen

K. Johansen "luvmusic" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Liquid Spirit
Liquid Spirit
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VOCALIST, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Liquid Spirit (Audio CD)
I first heard this album in France and I had never heard of Gregory until then, now I have seen him on tv especially on Jools Hollands tv show.

I think if you like Lou Rawls you will like Gregory as .they are both very fine vocalists.

Tempted now to buy more of his work.

Hello Like Before (Deluxe)
Hello Like Before (Deluxe)
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars BASSEY FOR LATE NIGHT LISTENING, 28 Feb. 2015
I thought Shirley's last album was great but this new one is also that good and I like the choice of songs.

Thjs is Shirley Bassey NOW slightly more subdued but still hitting the high notes when the need arises.

I think basically this is a mellow album for late night listening but I have to agree with another reviewer
who thought the music could have been louder , it seems that bit louder on We Got Music but if you don't have the deluxe edition you
will not her that song.

Memories: Celebrating 40 Years in the Theatre
Memories: Celebrating 40 Years in the Theatre
by Elaine Paige

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Feb. 2015
This book was not what I was expecting and seems to be a summary of shows she has appeared in, I wanted tot know more about the person off-stage. I have read better books on famous people.

Serenata
Serenata
Offered by Discs4all

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GREAT ALFIE BOE, 25 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Serenata (Audio CD)
It's Alfie Boe and that's good enough for me!

I Remember Hank Williams / Floyd Cramer Gets Organ-ized
I Remember Hank Williams / Floyd Cramer Gets Organ-ized

5.0 out of 5 stars TWO GREAT ALBUMS, 25 Feb. 2015
What can you say about Floyd Cramer apart from a master of the keyboard. his cd's are always great to lsiten to.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERFAST DELIVERY, 25 Feb. 2015
These delicious sweets arrived in two days, I am amazed at the speed of my recent Amazon orders. Thank you!

Matt Monro: Around The World [DVD]
Matt Monro: Around The World [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Monro

5.0 out of 5 stars TOP NOTCH PERFORMANCES, 23 Feb. 2015
Watching the live performances here reminds you just how great a performer Matt Monro was infact his version of Wer're Gonna Change The World is so good it was almost like listening to the record.

What also impressed me was the sound and vision on almost every song it is perfect and the musicans playign for Matt also deserve a special mention as they are fantastic.

Matt was such a relaxed performer, watch him with Russel Harty and Des O'Connor and see who comes off best.

This is indeed a very worthy addition to anyone's collection of Matt Monro material or Matt Mono as he is called in the final sleeve notes.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2015 4:41 PM GMT

Classic US Police Force 8 Point Peaked VISOR CAP in Black, Dark Blue (Black, Small)
Offered by Transatlantic Trading Company

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT BAD - JUST NOT GREAT, 23 Feb. 2015
Never having seen an American Police hat up close I have no idea of the weight - perhaps they are lighter for the Summer heat, that aside the fit is perfect. As to the authenticity of the hat I'm unsure.

Delivery was longer than expected and company not great with communication.

There's A Big Wheel 1958-1962 + Springfields & Lana Sisters
There's A Big Wheel 1958-1962 + Springfields & Lana Sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL SPRINGFIELDS MEMORIES, 22 Feb. 2015
It's always great to hear the joyous harmonies of The Springfields and that's what this cd is THE SPRINGFIELDS not Dusty solo so in that respect I feel it'#s wrong to have Dusty's name in large letters - obviously her name has been used as a selling point!

That aside the sound is great and the songs bring back lots of memories from there albums and singles, Breakaway the song that started it all is there along with Island Of Dreams and of course the bouncy title track with Dusty giving her all.

There are seven tracks from The Lana Sisters which Dusty was part of prior to The Springfields, I always felt this was a learnign curve for Dusty as she excelled in harmony as proved when she duetted with guests on her tv shows etc:

Dusty is still missed but still loved and respected as one of the greatest song stylists this country ever produced..

Sol3 Mio
Sol3 Mio
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMOAN DELIGHT, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Sol3 Mio (Audio CD)
Until I heard them played recently on Desmond Carrington's show I had never heard of them, I liked what I heard and bought their cd.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked it but then it got going and WOW!!!!

This cd has a good and rather unusual selection of songs including Ten Guitars which was a b side for Engelbert Humperdinck years ago.

We Are Samoa is a strong song but the highlight for me was Au Fond Du Temple Saint (The Pearl Fishers Duet), I have loved this song since I was a child and this version is wonderful.

Now I must buy their concert dvd, well done - a wonderful album!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20