Profile for mshovelt > Reviews

Sandqvist Izzy Waxed Khaki Messenger Shoulder Bag
Sandqvist Izzy Waxed Khaki Messenger Shoulder Bag
Offered by 7details

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor build quality, 2 Oct. 2015
When it arrived, I was impressed - it appeared to be good quality. However, several months down the line and the stitching is coming undone in several places. The build quality appears to be poor in places. I contacted Sandqvist and they have now responded and agreed to replace the bag. Pretty good customer service all in all.

Forever England Martha Rose Floral Oilcloth Tote Bag
Forever England Martha Rose Floral Oilcloth Tote Bag
Offered by Oak Tree Homeware & Gifts

3.0 out of 5 stars Colour is GREEN not Blue, 25 Oct. 2013
I was disappointed when I got this as it is a sort of mint green, in the photo on my computer screen it looks blue. I suggest the seller updates the photo for a more realistic colour. If it were for me, I would return it, as it is not as nice as the photo, but it is a gift so I will see if the recipient likes it first.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Use and to Clean, 22 Jan. 2012
I bought 2 of these, what a waste of money. This cup is difficult to use. Often my daughters (aged 4 and 2) cannot get any drink to come through the straw, it simply sucks in on itself. I have carefully followed manufacturer's instructions to pinch the straw in the right place to open the valve but it simply doesn't work very well. The other most annoying thing is that the straw inside is always falling off (into the drink). It is held so loosely that we have given up with the straw inside and my daughters just have to tip it up to drink. It is also difficult for a toddler to open and shut the flip-top (too stiff) and very complicated and awkward to dis-assemble for cleaning - I had to use a tea spoon to lever the flip-top out. The Nuby cups are pretty much the same idea, but work much better.

Peppa Pig School House Playset
Peppa Pig School House Playset

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK but you need to be Houdini to get it out of the box!, 19 Jan. 2012
This toy deserves an award - "Most difficult toy to get out of the box - ever!" we're not just talking Sellotape and wire cable ties here - oh no, you actually have to un-fix it with a screwdriver! Somewhat OTT I think.

That aside, it's quite a nice, well made school house. Comes with Madame Gazelle, a desk and a bench. The back is completely open and the door on the side opens and shuts. It doesn't do much in itself as it is an aid to imaginitive play. My two year old daughter is good at playing with toys like this and using her imagination. She seems to like it (she's a Peppa Pig fan). You really need to buy a few of the other characters to get much out of it though.

FRILLY LILY TWO PINK DOLLS TERRY NAPPIES MEDIUM
FRILLY LILY TWO PINK DOLLS TERRY NAPPIES MEDIUM
Offered by Frilly Lily

5.0 out of 5 stars These are Great!, 16 Dec. 2011
These are great, reusable dolls' nappies with velcro fastening. They are much like the real nappies I used on my daughters, but smaller! They are very easy for small children to change. The medium size fits fine on Baby Annabell and also on a smaller doll we have. I can't understand why people would buy disposable type nappies for dolls that lose their stick after a few changes. I also received a catalogue full of beautiful dolls' clothes and school uniforms with helpful sizing information on various brands of doll from this company.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars One Small Jug, 16 Dec. 2011
This is a nice jug in a traditional country kitchen cream colour and finish. However, I did not read the description thoroughly and was expecting to get all three jugs pictured (which would have been good value for money). What I actually got was just the smallest of the three pictured so a bit disappointed with that, and the price.

Character World Disney Fairies Friends Curtains , 72"
Character World Disney Fairies Friends Curtains , 72"

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Curtains but Not Lined, 16 Dec. 2011
These are very pretty curtains in a lilac colour. My daughter, age 4, loves them. The material is reasonable quality but not thick and quite translucent. I was disappointed to discover they were not lined. I will be getting my mother-in-law to line them with blackout lining for me.