Profile for Rob Page > Reviews

Content by Rob Page

Rob Page "http://stigmastudios.weebly.com/" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Zeikos ZE-TR135B 80-Inch Full Size Photo/Video Tripod Zeikos PROFESSIONAL 80 Inch Photo & Video Black Tripod with Deluxe Carrying Case For Digital Cameras & Camcorders

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Value For Money, Recommend It!, 9 Sept. 2011
This tripod is being used by me as a filmmaking tripod that I use with a Samsung NX10. It is very sturdy and is very unlikely to break anytime soon. It comes in a bag that I was expecting to be of a really low quality but I was pleasantly suprised when I got the item in a thick well protected bag that uses a zip so the tripod can just slide out.

The tripod head is very smooth and you can tighten all the areas of the head to make the tripod even steadier. The handle (that I use for panning shots) has a nice grip and enables you to move the tripod easily. The legs are thick and sturdy and extend to about five foot, and this combined with the head of the tripod extended will make the tripod larger than the average human, so you can get quite high shots using this tripod.

The only thing I am slightly disapointed by is the bubble level, it just isn't very good, and the fact that the tripod doesn't have a moveable head. So in order to get your shot as straight as possible you have to move the legs up and down until it looks level on screen. This isn't that much of a big deal though because you can measure whether a shot is straight from eye.

All in all a very good tripod that I recommend for amateur filmmakers like myself.

The Bart Book (The Simpsons Library of Wisdom)
The Bart Book (The Simpsons Library of Wisdom)
by Matt Groening

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes A Good Gift For A Simpsons Fan, 9 July 2011
This book contains a lot of information about the character Bart from The Simpsons. It is very colourful and has lots of pictures to keep you interested, the information is all 100% acurate to the TV show and may tell you little bits of information that you overlooked while watching the show. The only thing wrong with the product is that it may be in need of a update because the show has carried on since the writing of this book and lots of new information may be available in the new episodes. Other than it being slightly out-dated this product makes the perfect gift for a fan of Bart or a fan of The Simpsons.

Canon STV150 3 phono to 3 phono AV cable
Canon STV150 3 phono to 3 phono AV cable
Offered by ShaniTech

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Slightly Misleading Picture Though..., 9 July 2011
This product does exactly what I need it to, it is about 3 metres in lengh and works well with my capture card. The only thing bad i have to say about this product is that the picture clearly shows the standard red, white and yellow jacks, however when it got here the white jack was black. This doesn't matter though because the black jack does the same job as the white. All in all I couldn't ask for much more with this product.

Gold plated splitter RCA plug to 2 x RCA sockets
Gold plated splitter RCA plug to 2 x RCA sockets
Offered by Rapid Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Be Carefull This Is The Right Splitter, 13 May 2011
I brought this product and when it came I found it was too small to fit in my headphone socket. If you need one of these that fits into a normal sized headphone socket get this one:

FPUK 3.5mm Mini Jack Stereo to 2 x RCA Phono Adapter GOLD
FPUK 3.5mm Mini Jack Stereo to 2 x RCA Phono Adapter GOLD
Offered by ETechland

5.0 out of 5 stars It Made My Capture Cards Sound Better, 7 May 2011
Let me start by saying, I cannot properly review this product but I can to some extent. The reason I can't properly review it is because the capture card I used it with had really bad sound quality but this splitter adapter did make the quality a lot better. I assume with a more expensive capture card this little cheap device would make the sound better on that too so it may be worth looking at. The adapter itself feels quite fell made and doesn't feel like its going to fall apart in your hand, its very small and fits into headphone sized sockets (I want to say here that i brought another one of these but it was a 2.5mm male jack which didn't fit into my laptop but this did because it is 3.5mm which is the same size as a normal headphone jack).

I wish I could say more but I haven't had the chance to use this product properly. If your capture card has slightly distorted sound this could fix the problem.

EDIT: Right, I sorted out the capture card problem and now I can say you need this device. If you are recording anything with a capture card you need one of these. It makes the sound perfect but before you record anything make sure it is set up properly because mine was set at +20db sound booster which means the sound will be very loud and distorted so as long as you set it up right this device is needed to get good sound from your capture card.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars What More Could You Ask For?, 7 May 2011
This product is a battery for the Samsung NX10 stills camera. I got it so I could be charging one battery while using my other one (the original, official one) so my camera could be used at all times. When I brought this battery I thought it was going to last a lot less time than the official one I got with my camera but I was wrong. This battery lasts the same time as the original battery (if not longer) and fits into the camera perfectly. It doesn't get hot and is a must have for any photographer who is going on holiday or currently taking a lot of pictures for a project. I really cannot fault this product at all.

Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Advance 2

2.0 out of 5 stars Its Ok, But A Little Bit Boring, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Sonic Advance 2 (Video Game)
I am a fan of the old 2D Sonic games and some of the new 3D sonic games but Sonic Advance 2 for me is just a little bit boring. There are four characters to choose from (once you have unlocked them all) but once you've completed it with Sonic you've done it with all the characters because there is not change to the levels themselves. However the characters abilities do change (Sonic is fast, Cream and Tails can fly and Knuckles can glide and climb walls) which I suppose adds a bit of variation to the game but it would of been better with a change of levels for each character.

There is multiplayer on the game via the GBA (Gameboy Advance) link cable which is remenisant of Sonic 2's multiplayer in which two characters race to the end of the level. However Sonic Advance 3 has co-op muliplayer so if its multiplayer you want you should really get Sonic Advance 3.

The new character introduced in this game (Cream the Rabbit) is quite poor because she is an exact copy of Tails (they both have the ability to fly) she has no more or less abilities than he does. However Cream is a better character than Big the Cat introduced in Sonic Adventure so I suppose the new characters are getting slightly better, this is backed up by Silver the Hedgehog introduced in Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 who is a better character than Cream and Big but still quite an unnecessary addition).

But my main problem with this game is the level design. Its just a bad copy of the old Sonic levels (the snow level from Sonic 3, the Green Hill Zone from Sonic 1, E.T.C.) and in my opinion, its the level design that makes or breaks a platformer and this games level design is just not up to scratch.

So, what would I recomend instead of this game? Well the old Sonic games for the Sega Megadrive or a compilation of the old Sonic games (I recommend the Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection for Xbox 360 or PS3 because you get all the old Sonic games as well as a lot of other old games) or if its multiplayer Sonic you are after I recommend Sonic Advance 3 because it has all the same muliplayer modes as Advance 2 and more (the co-op mode inparticular).

Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Logitech B110 Optical USB Mouse
Offered by amy's Schätze

4.0 out of 5 stars Does What I Want It To, 1 May 2011
I brought this mouse because after 4 years my wireless Logitech mouse broke so I decided a wired mouse might last even longer than that. The mouse does exactly what I want it to, I don't play many PC games so I am not judging it as a gaming mouse but as a normal basic mouse its fantasic! It doesn't lag around the screen, it works with Windows 7, the wire is long so if the distance between your moniter and PC is large the wire will cover that distance.

To summarise, if you are looking for a cheap basic mouse that isn't wireless this is the one to get, I really can't fault it, it it comftable to hold and is easy to bring with you if you need to travel with a laptop. The reason I gave it four stars rather than five is, there are more comftable and (I assume) better ones out there but this one is fine for basic computer use.

Aliens Vs Predator
Aliens Vs Predator
Offered by Shop4World

3.0 out of 5 stars A Pretty Decent Game, 1 May 2011
This review is from: Aliens Vs Predator (Video Game)
Let me start by saying, I would of given this game four stars if it wasn't for the fact that hardly anyone plays this game online anymore, because of this you have to wait quite a while (in comparison to more mainstream games such as Call Of Duty or Battlefield) to get a match. Because not a lot of people play the game you could find yourself in a ranked match with the same people quite a lot however there is the option of joining a player match with another group of people (there is on average three player matches being hosted at all times). The online gameplay itself is awesome, each of the three different races play differently with the aliens going for the fast suprise attacks, the predators going for the stealth kills and the marines going for the ranged kills. This adds variation to the game unlike Halo/Call Of Duty/Battlefield in which you play as one character and you use the same battle plan all the time. Some of the match types include Species Team Deathmatch which in my opinion is the best match type because it seperates the players into the three species and makes them use their character traits to kill the opposing species, other matchtypes are Deathmatch (every man/predator/alien for themselves) and an infection type of match where a team of marines start off against one alien and one by one the marines are killed by the alien and turn into aliens themselves (very much like Halo's infection gametype). There is also a wave defence mode where a team of up to four marines can pit themselves against waves of alien enemies.

The single player is good because it captures the moods seen in the alien and predator films, when you are a marine you feel like you are in the movie Aliens because your motion tracker is constantly sensing alien threats but they are nowhere to be seen, when you are a predator you feel like you are in the movie Predator as you use your thermal vision to hunt groups of unsuspecting humans and when you are the alien you feel (apart from a little dizzy) like an alien should feel, running at marines slaughtering them and trying to find ways to make it past motion detecting turrets. But the best campaign is definitely the marines as it is scary, tense and keeps you interested through using famililar settings from the films, nice graphics (although not top of the range) and a range of interesting characters.

The trophy kills are very very cool, basically you approch an enemy from behind tap the X button (if playing on the Xbox 360) and perform and overly violent stealth kill which can invlove beheading a human to keep the skull as a trophy or slicing the head clean off with your knife-like tail, they are even good to watch if you are the one being killed, as a marine you see (from a first person perspective) your head roll away from your (now beheaded) body which has fallen to the floor and you then see your killer run past the screen as you take your last breath.

The only major problem I have with this game is the Alien is a little temperamental, you find yourself sometimes wanting to go up a wall but you are just jumping on the spot and sometimes you are on the wall wanting to go on the floor but you cant seem to do it, but apart from this problem this is a pretty decent game that fans of the Alien, Predator or Alien Vs Predator series should definitely give a go.

S.M.J. White Shaver Adaptor
S.M.J. White Shaver Adaptor
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Shaver Adaptor Review, 4 Jan. 2011
There isn't much I can say about this product really, it works perfectly in any normal plug socket, its cheap and its not really big. If your looking for a shaver adaptor, this is the one to get.

Page: 1 | 2