Profile for Genevieve > Reviews

Blue Baby Pig Animal Glass Gift Ornament Curio Display
Blue Baby Pig Animal Glass Gift Ornament Curio Display
Offered by Ornamented

5.0 out of 5 stars Piggin' great, 15 Sept. 2017
This gorgeous little piggy is the sort of present I'd normally buy for someone else, then keep. Small and pretty, definitely piggyish and about the same size as a Creme Egg, I only let it go to my friend for her birthday because her bedroom's blue and mine isn't. She loves it and has called it Nigel. I thought Horace was a better name but hey-ho. Excellent gift, comes in a nice little box, just right for friends, relatives or anyone who likes cute piggies.

Is There Life Outside The Box?: An Actor Despairs
Is There Life Outside The Box?: An Actor Despairs

5.0 out of 5 stars Peter Davison - even better than I thought!, 15 Sept. 2017
I've been a Peter Davison fan since the days of Tristan Farnham, followed by Sink or Swim and then ... heaven ... Dr Who. I read this autobiography expecting to not like him as much at the end as I did before since often it's best not to get to know your heroes. But I loved this book from start to finish - he's honest and funny and tells us about his life and career with a sort of "this happened, then I fell into that role, then someone liked me in that so they put me in this" attitude that is utterly charming. I may be biased (I was 12 and he was Dr Who so we were made for each other) but I think anyone who doesn't like Peter Davison should be forced to read a chapter or two so that they can change their minds. It's made me want to buy Campion, The Braithwaites and A Very Peculiar Practice all over again!

Taking his enemy's daughter as punishment
Taking his enemy's daughter as punishment

1.0 out of 5 stars sick, 6 Sept. 2013
This story was very disturbing and I am writing this review largely to distance myself from it. I returned it for a refund an hour or two after buying it as I don't want to see it again.
The story (such as it is) deals with a Mafia boss who forces young women to have sex with him, he blackmails them, drugs them and forces them into prostitution, then sits back and laughs about it. And that's it. Vicious, nasty and really just vile.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Pong, 26 Dec. 2012
I love this stuff. I was given a gift set of Ghost Serenity about seven years ago - just as Ghost stopped making it and replaced it with that sickly sweet Ghost Sweetheart (yurk). Now, I loved Serenity, it was light and fresh and freesia-ish, and I would happily have drowned in it. It's taken quite a while for me to find a replacement, and Ghost Whisper is it. It's a dryer scent, not so flowery but has a hint of white musk in among the other pongs. For me, it is a whiff that improves through the day - and is absolutely heavenly after about two/three hours (you should see me sniffing myself while sitting at my desk at work - it's delightful). I'm 43, and "big-boned", so I'm not after any of the light and fluffy scents, but neither have I ever been a fan of the heavier, muskier perfumes, so I feel rather lucky to have found Ghost Whisper. I would recommend anybody sprays it in the shop then walks around for a while - once it's seeped into your skin take another sniff and that's the pong I'm talking about ...

Citron Ladies Fashion Watch-CB820/C
Citron Ladies Fashion Watch-CB820/C

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Time and Money, 25 Mar. 2012
I fell in love with the look of this watch - big, bold and beautiful (like myself). So, I asked for it for Christmas. When it came, I was overjoyed, but within an hour I realised it was losing time. I replaced the battery with another one and it seemed to work ... for a few weeks. By February I'd missed two trains to work because my watch claimed it was 7.52am instead of 7.56am. Because I loved the look of it so much I bought another one just the same. I received the second watch, reset it and put it on. By the end of one episode of Midsomer Murders it had lost eight minutes. I, myself, lose time in Midsomer Murders, but that's not the point. This is a gorgeous-looking watch but it does not work!

Threesome - Series 1 [DVD]
Threesome - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amy Huberman

5.0 out of 5 stars All good clean smutty fun!, 24 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Threesome - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
When I first watched this series, it felt like falling in love. At first, I wasn't sure. Then, I laughed, then I laughed again, and then I thought, uh-oh! And then there was no hope for me. I was in love.
Three friends share a house - a gay bloke, and a heterosexual couple. On the woman's 30th birthday they get absolutely slaughtered and end up having a threesome. Then she announces she's pregnant. The first series follows her pregnancy from conception to delivery and how each character deals with imminent parenthood, loss of their own youth, and whether they'll drop the baby/set the baby on fire/sell the baby on ebay by mistake, etc.
It is hilarious. And sometimes disgusting. And sometimes really lovely. All three heroes are excellent, as are their collective mums. I can't recommend it enough and if you're a fan of Benidorm, Being Human, or Misfits, then this is the comedy for you.

Venetia
Venetia
by Georgette Heyer
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars A Romance with Class, 17 July 2010
This review is from: Venetia (Audio CD)
Country born-and-bred beauty, Venetia Lanyon lives with her younger brother Aubrey with no access to society and the usual ways in which a genteel young lady can find herself a husband. However, next door lives notorious rake Lord Damerel who, after grabbing her for a cheeky snog on their first meeting, becomes a very good friend to both her and Aubrey. Other people dodge in and out of the story, causing trouble and spreading rumours in a very Jane Austen-style manner so that Venetia is eventually forced to travel to London and away from Lord Damerel's bad influence. However, in London there are many more bad influences for very different reasons and Venetia's main problem becomes how to get back to her beloved Lord Damerel and live happily ever after.
I must say that I've never actually read Georgette Heyer as romance novels written in the 50s and 60s have never interested me. I bought this item because Richard Armitage narrated it and if there's a voice I enjoy listening to, it's Richard Armitage's. However, after listening for five minutes, I forgot (almost) about his dulcet tones and just got along with enjoying the story.
I love this story - it's very Jane Austen, with interfering aunts and dreadful siblings all embarrassing our long-suffering heroine, as well as an attractive and indulgent hero who never lets her down. Richard Armitage was excellent, taking it seriously and giving each character a distinctive voice so that you very quickly forget that you're listening to one man and can relax into the story easily.
In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I've just bought Venetia in book form - hooray!