Profile for B. BELL > Reviews

St. Francis of Assisi
St. Francis of Assisi
by G. K. Chesterton

1.0 out of 5 stars a terrible version of an average book, 18 Jan. 2016
This review is from: St. Francis of Assisi (Paperback)
a terrible version of an average book. The print format is off centre and appear to be a very cheap reproduction of this book

Delonghi HTF3033 3 Kilowatt Horizontal Fan Heater
Delonghi HTF3033 3 Kilowatt Horizontal Fan Heater

4.0 out of 5 stars noisy but effective, 20 Mar. 2015
Works well and heats a room quickly but is quite loud

Blind Filter /Blanking Disc
Blind Filter /Blanking Disc
Offered by Edesia Espress Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars fits my haggis classic just fine and does the job better than cling film etc, 20 Mar. 2015
Well worth shelling out a small amount of money to get one of these. So much easier than faffing around with climfilm

x 10 5w G4 5w 12v Dimmable Halogen Light Bulbs
x 10 5w G4 5w 12v Dimmable Halogen Light Bulbs

3.0 out of 5 stars work fine but not sure if they are dimable, 20 Mar. 2015
Arrived in good time and work fine. They don't seem to be dimable but this might be down to the dimmer switch?

Humidification system for humidor by Boveda, 69% relative humidity level, large 60 gram size
Offered by A.E. Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand how it works but it does!, 20 Mar. 2015
I tried numerous ways to keep my humidor in good shape but tend to forget to keep topping up the various sponges etc. I've been delighted to discover the brilliant product and feel reassured that the money I've invested in quality Cubans won't be wasted by them drying out

Parlux 3800 Ceramic and Ionic Edition Eco Friendly Hair Dryer Black
Parlux 3800 Ceramic and Ionic Edition Eco Friendly Hair Dryer Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed as am happy to pay a premium price for ..., 20 Mar. 2015
Bought this to replace a Parlux hairdryer that had been a faithful friend to the family for over 10 years. So am very dissatisfied that after 16 months the speed switch has packed up so it only works on low setting. I've been told that it's not possible to return this item as the warranty is only 12 months.
Disappointed as am happy to pay a premium price for a quality item, however this is not a quality item as it appears that others have had similar experiences.

Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set
Marmitek PowerMid XL infrared extender set
Offered by SOLD

4.0 out of 5 stars superb - even in cupboard, 12 Mar. 2012
We've just had a wooden cabinet built in our living room, the TV sits on top and our virgin box inside the cabinet behind closed doors. After looking at various options for operating the V+ box I decided to give this product a try and I'm very happy with the results. the receiver sits next to my tv (i would prefer it to be a little smaller) and the transmitter is in the cupboard - placed in front of the V+ box and it all works like a dream. I had wondered whether to get the extender as it is sold on the basis of it being good for equipment in cupboards but I'm glad I tried the set up without first as there is no need for extras.

The Flavour Thesaurus
The Flavour Thesaurus
by Niki Segnit

5.0 out of 5 stars It refreshed my enthusiasm for creative cooking, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Flavour Thesaurus (Hardcover)
This book triggered a new enthusiasm to get cooking as soon as possible. You can dip in to the book at any point and stumble across new flavor combinations that excite and inspire. I've got countless cookbooks and few have inspired me as much as this book has. It's a book for reading in bed or in a comfy armchair, a book for those of us who like to dream about food as much as we like cooking and eating it.

Magimix Le Duo Juice Extractor Cream
Magimix Le Duo Juice Extractor Cream

2.0 out of 5 stars tricky to clean, 17 Jan. 2009
i've had this juicer for a couple of years and have decided to sell it on ebay and buy a different model.
The juicer works ok but the pulp is often quite wet and i think it should be able to extract more juice out of it.
The most frustrating aspect is this machine is drum which is very tricky to clean properly, so much so that the thought of having to clean it often puts me off making juice in the first place.