Profile for CheungyNSX > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Movom Messenger Bag
Movom Messenger Bag

2.0 out of 5 stars It was good, but..., 5 July 2016
This review is from: Movom Messenger Bag (Luggage)
I purchased this bag during the deal of the day over a year ago as a spare and only started using it about 3-4 months ago. Here are a list of things I like and dislike about the product:

Like:
Nice design
Good number of compartments
Compartments are of good sizes
The overall build quality is good (with an exception)

Dislike:
One end of the strap is detaching from the bag, as the seams are breaking.

I would have rated this product a 5 star if I didn't experience quality issues with regards to the strap, but the fact that mine did after a few months has made me rate it 2 stars instead.

Energizer Pro Charger x 1
Energizer Pro Charger x 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's keep it simple..., 5 July 2016
To keep things simple, I'm going to make a list of things I like and dislike about this product.

Likes:
Provides visual and audio indicator as to when it has finished charging the batteries
Is capable of charging up to 4 batteries at once (in pairs)
Comes with 4 batteries of good capacity

Dislikes:
Takes relatively long to charge up, but only an issue if you need to change batteries very often

BLACK + DECKER PAD1200 Auto Flexi Car Vacuum, 12 V
BLACK + DECKER PAD1200 Auto Flexi Car Vacuum, 12 V

1.0 out of 5 stars Good luck waiting..., 18 Oct. 2015
This appears to be one of those items which basically in the 'must have' category if you're out and about, and your car is prone to getting a bit dirty.

However... This thing doesn't have enough suction power. Yes, it runs off your cars power outlet, but I did expect more than what was present. If it was able to suck harder (pun intended), then it would have been a keeper. Unfortunately though, that wasn't the case.

AUKEY Stereo Wireless Earphone Bluetooth 4.0 Earhook in Ear Headphone for iphone 6s, 6s plus, Samsung S7, S7 edge or Other Smart Cellphone and Tablet (EP-B9, Black)
Offered by AukeyDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars It looked so promising, but then..., 3 Sept. 2015
This concept of this device is good. For many years, people have been limited to only taking calls with their bluetooth headsets, but obviously time has allowed things to evolve. If you're looking at this review and thinking "TL;DR", then you can look at the bottom of my review for the main review points.

The headset itself is relatively small and light, which means that it shouldn't cause discomfort after long use. The setup was really easy, as it automatically turned pairing mode on when you first start it, then it was just a matter of searching for the device on your phone, pairing it, and you're good to go. One of the things I did notice when I firsted listened to music with this thing was that its got great sound for something this size. It's not Bose or Bower & Wilkin great, but it exceeds expectations considering the price and size of it. Another thing I liked was the fact that the fact that the buttons on the side of the headset allows for users to change songs, play music, change volume, as well as taking calls. This is one of the best things about this headset, but it's also one of the worst things about this headset.

This is the part where I'm going to explain why I have given this headset a 3 star rating out of 5. I like the headset in general, there's no denying it. However, the implementation of the +/- buttons left me baffled and frustrated when I was using it. When I was listening to music with it, I found that holding the +/- buttons to change track meant that my phone was skipping a lot of tracks, and even caused my phone to lag (I have a Sony Xperia Z3 Compact). The issue caused my phone to end up crashing, and I had to restart my phone. In previous headsets I have used, a single click of the +/- buttons would change tracks, and holding them would change the volume. In my personal opinion, the way they have implemented the +/- buttons is completely wrong, and I think that needs changing. To exacerbate the issue, the ambiguity of the instructions involving the use of the +/- buttons only adds to my frustration. The instructions for changing tracks are as followed: Previous/Next track - Hold the volume +/- button. Erm... How long am I supposed to hold for? I don't even know...

Note: I've only tested this for it's function involving the music, as I've not had the need to call anybody. I'm also not able to comment on battery life due to my short usage time.

Pros:
Lightweight
Easy to setup
Great sound quality

Cons:
Poor implementation of +/- buttons on headset

Suggested improvements:
Switch around the functions for hold/press of +/- buttons.

Unfortunately, I will be getting my money back for this headset as I found the issue involving the +/- button to have broken the deal. I may consider buying it in the future if they take into account my suggested improvement, but I can't see myself using a device if it's going to cause my phone to crash...
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 9, 2015 8:51 PM BST

Xperia Z3 Compact Case - Ringke FUSION [Free HD Film/Dust Cap&Drop Protection][CRYSTAL VIEW] Case Shock Absorption Bumper Premium Hard Case for SONY Xperia Z3 Compact (Not for Z3 / Z3 Dual) - Eco/DIY Package
Offered by Ringke_Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks aren't that important..., 8 Mar. 2015
I've seen several reviews complain about how this case is prone to scratching and can arrived scratched etc. My personal experience was that the hard clear plastic has protective film on the inside and outside faces, which meant that the case didn't arrive scratched.

I've used this case for 2 days on my new Xperia Z3 Compact now, and I am going to have to tell you guys that the clear plastic IS prone to scratching. This may be a deal breaker for some, but what's the purpose of a case? To protect your phone from damage. How well does it do that? Well... I've had a pretty good experience with the case itself so far. It's easy to put over the phone whilst being wrapped securely around the phone. The exposed areas are placed nicely and the 3.5mm jack flap is very nicely placed and made. Button covers aren't too stiff, and allow you to press the side buttons without too much effort.

As for the screen protector, I haven't got much to say about it. Why? Because I decided to apply a tempered glass screen protector on my phone. Luckily, the screen protectors doesn't interfere with the case, which is convenient.

In conclusion, this case is a case that tries to give you the best of both world. It wants to give you looks whilst staying function. However, the back of the phone is inevitably going to get scratched, which may deter people from buying this case. On the plus side, this case makes for a very good phone case in my opinion. Would I recommend this case? Yes I would, but only if you're not too fussy about your phone case developing unavoidable scratches.

Anker Classic Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker, Powerful Sound with 20 Hour Battery Life and Built-in Microphone, works with iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Nexus, HTC, Nokia, Laptops, PC and More - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Why don't all big things come in small packages?!, 9 Jan. 2015
I needed to buy a new bluetooth speaker as my old bluetooth speaker wasn't doing the job properly for me. As I was looking around and doing a bit of research, I noticed that many of the bluetooth speakers on the market are very highly priced. I knew I was going to avoid these to begin with due to the fact that some big brands usually just place their brand on a product, put a ridiculously high price tag on it and call it a day (If you haven't already figured out, I'm pointing the finger at the Dr. Dre products). Anyway, as I was looking everywhere for a new bluetooth speaker, I noticed that one of the most positively reviewed speakers on Amazon and it also seemed reasonably priced. I was somewhat sceptical about the Anker brand, but I decided to take the plunge and buy this product to see if it lived up to expectations (which were built from the vast number of positive reviews).

When I received the speaker, the first thing that you obviously find is the packaging. It's nice looking, simple and functional. When you open up the packaging, you will be welcomed with a small welcome guide and a piece of paper to provide any feedback to the company. Under that, you will find the speaker wrapped in a nice plastic bag. There is also a little box to the side of the speaker. This little box includes a micro-USB to USB cable for charging the speaker, a 3.5mm cable for connecting devices which don't have bluetooth connectivity and a carrying bag for the speaker. The cables which are provided with the speaker seem to be of high quality and I believe that the cables should last quite a long time. My only gripe with the cables is the fact that they are somewhat short, but you could easily buy longer cables to replace the ones provided, so I won't be knocking any points off for that. The carrying bag for the speaker has a velvet outside surface which is very smooth to the touch and the inside is made of a slightly elastic fabric. The carrying bag is made to a good standard and is a very good addition to the product.

Now onto the speaker itself. This speaker is small, but not very small. The speaker feels solidly built and has a fair bit of weight to it, which adds to its solid feel. As shown by the photos on Amazon, the front has an LED light to indicate if it's in pairing mode or if it's connected to a device, as well volume controls, a play/pause button and a microphone port (not yet tested). To the right side of the speaker, You get a power switch, 3.5mm input jack, micro-USB charging port and a battery indicator. The left side and back side of the device are plain. The bottom of the speaker has a single square shaped rubber foot which goes all the way around the device. The foot prevents to speaker from slipping when placed on most flat surfaces. At the top, you will find the Anker logo and a mesh grill which covers the speaker. Concealed under the mesh grill is a 4W driver and a bass port (located at the bottom left corner). Inside the speaker, there is a 2100mAh battery which Anker claim can provide 15-20hrs of play time, but I have not decided to test this. There is no way of changing tracks using the speaker, which is a shame in my opinion.

Connecting the device to my mobile phone could not have been easier. Once you turn the device on, it automatically goes into pairing mode. From there, you can just turn bluetooth on and connect to the speaker. It's as simple as that. The connection range for the speaker is something that will vary depending on how you use it. Personally, I found that the connection range was more or less as stated by Anker. The sound quality from the speaker is very good. I was very surprised at how effective the bass port works. The bass isn't overpowering nor is it underwhelming. In fact... I think it's spot on for a speaker like this. The mid and high frequencies are also sound very good. I've tested several bluetooth speakers from various brands, and I think this mighty little speaker sounds better some of the speakers from the big brands. The maximum volume level produced by this bluetooth speaker is... surprisingly loud. I was surprised due to the fact that this speaker was able to produce volume levels which could compete with the leading brands. When testing at maximum volume I was also surprised by the fact that I couldn't notice any distortion, whilst maintaining a good balance of bass, mids and treble. From personal testing, I found that the maximum volume of the speaker quite a bit too loud in my room (which is quite a large room), but I reckon this speaker will be able to hold its ground when in more open spaces.

So, what can I say about this speaker. I personally like big things that come in small packages, and this bluetooth speaker is definitely one a big thing in a small package. The sound reproduction from the speaker if very good at all frequencies, with a good balance of bass, mids and treble. Volume levels are very high for a speaker this size, with no noticeable distortion when used at maximum volume. The speaker itself is well built and has a bass port, which most speakers at this price don't have. The accessories that come with the device are of good quality and are able to serve their purpose. The speaker itself is only let down by the fact that there is no button which can be used to change tracks.

Pros:
Great build quality with good amount of weight. Sturdy feel.
Rubber foot prevents slipping on most flat surfaces.
4W speaker with bass port results in amazing sound reproduction which is well balanced.
High volume levels without any noticeable distortion.
Beefy 2100 mAh battery allows for many hours of music playback.
Play/pause and volume up/down buttons can be handy.
Integrated mic for phone call use (not tester yet).
2 LED indicators (power/connectivity and battery).
Easy to setup the bluetooth connection with good connection range.
Provided with Micro-USB and 3.5mm cable, as well as a carrying bag.
Relatively inexpensive (if on sale).

Cons:
No buttons to change songs using bluetooth speaker.
Cables that come with speaker aren't very long.

Would I recommend this product? YES! YES! YES! I've looked at and listened to many bluetooth speakers in the past and this speaker provides the best sound quality I have heard from a speaker that cost around £30 (on sale). This speaker is able to compete with some of the bluetooth speakers from leading brand, and I mean it. Of course, there are better options such as the Logitech UE Boom, but the difference in performance isn't worth the price differential between that and the Anker A7908. So... if you are looking to buy a new bluetooth speaker to play some music with, I would definitely buy this speaker (especially when it's on sale). No questions asked.

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars All about that bass, 18 Dec. 2014
As I've either been using the speakers on my TV or some generic computer speakers with my computer, I decided enough was enough. The TV speakers were crackling quite a lot and the generic computer speakers just couldn't provide me with an experience which I was happy with. So... I decided to buy this speaker system (they were on offer as well)!!! How is the speaker system? Well... I am going to list the pros and cons below...

Pros:
1) All about that bass (pun intended) - Speakers themselves produce a bit of bass, but the main contributor of the bass is from the subwoofer. Bass volume dial allows you to go from having no bass to head crushing bass, although increasing the bass volume to higher levels does cause the bass to overpower the music and it also causes the bass to seem somewhat muffled...
2) 3.5mm input and output from right speaker - This allows you to connect your phone to play your music out loud or listen to music with the use of headphones.
3) Loud. When I say loud, I mean they can be loud. I highly advise not turning the volume of these speakers to maximum unless you want to deafen yourself and have complaining neighbours.
4) Good mids and trebles as well...
4) Can be easily plugged into most devices. Very clear instructions on how to do that.
5) They look nice as well, if you couldn't already see from the photos...

Cons:
1) Highly reflective glossy plastic housing for satellite speakers - Basically, they're fingerprint magnets and they're also the things that will probably blind your eyes when the sun comes out and you're badly positioned. It looks like it could leave some undesirable scratch marks if you're not careful with what you're doing, so you should be careful with what you're doing.

Conclusion:
This is a great package for those people who want to blast music at a party and are on a somewhat tight budget. This speaker system provides you with good sound quality and oomph, whilst not having a ridiculous asking price. There's not much else to say about this speaker system to be quite honest with you... Would I recommend it? It's a simple yes from me!

Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external
Creative Soundblaster Play Sound Card external

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug & "Play", then you're on your way, 18 Dec. 2014
I had to buy this external sound card because the front panel audio jacks on my computer stopped working. This caused an inconvenience as I had to change the audio cables from the back of my computer every time I wanted to switch between my gaming headset and my speakers. When I saw this sound card, I noticed that it had several good reviews and also looked at the price and thought to myself: "I might as well get one.". Now I shall go into the pros and cons of this device.

Pros:
Small in size.
Plug and play (Drivers automatically downloaded in minutes).
Improved sound fidelity (Especially when listening to music or watching movies).

Cons:
Green light is always on (even when my computer is turned off)
Housing makes device look and feel cheap

Philips O'Neill SHO9565BK/10 Stretch JD Over Ear Universal Headset - Black
Philips O'Neill SHO9565BK/10 Stretch JD Over Ear Universal Headset - Black
Offered by DIGITALGUY INTERNATIONAL, INC

5.0 out of 5 stars "Stretch" for a new pair, 18 Dec. 2014
I decided to get these headphones as my previous 2 Philips headphones (Citiscape Shibuya and Citiscape Downtown) used an on-ear design, which would cause my ears to hurt during longer listening sessions. To make things easier for people to understand, I'll make lists of pros and cons for the headphones, along with a conclusion.

Pros:
Very durable headphones.
Detachable fabric cable with mic and volume control.
Comfortable to wear as the cups sit around your ear.
Good bass and mids.
Surprisingly light, so less stress on your neck.
Nice simple design.
No need to adjust headphone size as elastic headband does that automatically.

Cons:
Slightly lacking in treble in my opinion, but easily solved with use of equaliser.
Noise isolation is decent, but could be better.
Does look like a somewhat cheap product.

Conclusion:
These headphones are very good for what they're made for. They have got good durability and also produce good sound quality along with that. Good balance of tones makes for a pleasant listening experience. Very good build quality and comfortable wearing experience allow you to easily listen to music for long periods of time. Even though the headphones themselves looks slightly cheap, I personally don't think that changes my opinion of the headphones. At the end of the day, these headphones are probably one of the best pairs of headphones that I have personally used. Would I recommend these headphones to people? I don't see why I wouldn't!

Animal Mens Asche Wallet DW4WE005 Black
Animal Mens Asche Wallet DW4WE005 Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 12 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Animal Mens Asche Wallet (Shoes)
Serves the purpose of wallet. Has good number of card holders and 2 slots for notes, as well as a zip pocket for coins. Also like the clear card holder that can be used to put your ID in. Highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3