Profile for George Florentin > Reviews

Content by George Florentin

George Florentin (Belgium)

Page: 1 | 2
Asus GeForce GTX 670 DirectCU II Nvidia Graphics Card (4GB GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0, HDMI, DVI-I, DVI-D, DisplayPort, SLI Support, DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy Power)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good video card, 6 Mar. 2014
The performance of this video card is very good, but what I absolutely love at it is the lack of noise. It is installed on a PC with a PSU which stops it's fan and the CPU cooler is a Noctua monster with 2 fans that operate @ 300 rpm. My PC is now quieter than my laptop, but a lot more performant. :)

WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green
WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good HDD, 6 Mar. 2014
At the time I bought it, this Green model was faster than it's Black brother. :)
I am using it as a second HDD in a PC with a Samsung 840PRO SSD.

Casio AQ-180WB-5BVES Gents Watch Quartz Analogue Golden Dial Beige Nylon Strap
Casio AQ-180WB-5BVES Gents Watch Quartz Analogue Golden Dial Beige Nylon Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice watch, 6 Mar. 2014
This type of watch I wanted since I was a young boy, but never had the chance to buy one.
The price is fair, considering the light is almost useless and digital watch goes forward some seconds and the analog one remains behind.
I am comparing it with a Citizen and a Timex, both being a lot more accurate.

Plugable USB Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy Micro Adapter (Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Raspberry Pi, Linux Compatible; Classic Bluetooth, and Stereo Headset Compatible)
Offered by Plugable Technologies

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, 6 Mar. 2014
I am using it on my PC to connect to my Logitech Bluetooth audio adapter. It works perfectly with Windows 7, 8, 8.1

Sharkoon Darkglider Mouse Mat
Sharkoon Darkglider Mouse Mat

5.0 out of 5 stars A good mouse pad, 6 Mar. 2014
It's big enough, my mouse (Logitech M510) slides very nice on it. The border is well build to avoid damage.

YongNuo Flash YN-565EX TTL Wireless Flash for Speedlite Nikon D7000 D90 D80 D5100 D3200 D3100 SB900 SB800 SB700 D4 D800 D700 D600 D300S D7100 LF230
Offered by Lycheer

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect flash for a passionate amateur, 6 Mar. 2014
This flash offers everything you can ask from a flash as a passionate amateur, even as a professional!
It is very powerful and has soooo many features! All my friends which are photo enthusiasts were convinced by it.
I love it and I am planning to buy more for a multi-flash studio.

Walimex Daylight Studio Lightning Kit with Octagon Softbox
Walimex Daylight Studio Lightning Kit with Octagon Softbox

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely doesn't worth the money, 6 Mar. 2014
Pros:
- the tripod seems sturdy enough.

Cons:
- the bulb is not powerful enough;
- one screw was off, another was loose. I tried screw them in, but the thread (made of plastic) is broken and they keep falling (please check photo in gallery).

Definitely doesn't worth the money, as for a 3rd of the money you can buy something of the same quality.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dell WM311 Wireless Mouse - Black
Dell WM311 Wireless Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Could have been the perfect mouse ever invented., 25 Nov. 2013
Why is this mouse one of the best mice I ever had?
- cheap (as in very affordable)
- it runs everywhere (my Logitech M510 & LX6 don't run on black desktop. Actually they are quite sensitive on the surface you use them.)
- lightweight
- very good battery life (It even runs with only one battery.)
- very good range
- small receiver
- it hold very good after some nasty drops
- small enough to be the perfect travel mouse
- it is glossy, but it doesn't get dirty

Why it is not the best (for me)?
- I do prefer more than 3 buttons, and they should be customisable.

Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Logitech M510 Wireless Mouse
Offered by Camera Shot

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK mouse, but not for gamers, 20 Nov. 2013
I like this mouse because:
- the left-right movement of the scroll wheel can be configured with any action I want. (go backwards, minimise window, etc.);
- the batteries last long. In the last year I never changed them;
- it has invisible laser (no red light underneath it);
- the range is very good.

I don't like this mouse because:
- it does not work at on my new black desk;
- if I switch users (on windows 7 and 8), the custom commands on the scroll wheel are reset to default ones;
- the sensitivity is not very good. You can get used to it for browsing internet, but is definitely not a mouse to game with.

Noctua NH-D14 Fan for Intel Processor LGA1366, LGA1156, LGA1155, LGA1150, LGA775, AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, FM1, FM2
Offered by NOCTUA - Designed in Austria

4.0 out of 5 stars It should have PWM fans, 20 Mar. 2013
My ASUS p8z77-v motherboard does not control the speed of 3 pin CPU fans (it does for the case fans), so Noctua should upgrade their fans with their new 14 cm and 12 cm 4 pin PWM.
I had to buy the new NF-A15 PWM to replace the Noctua NF-P14. The Noctua NF-P12 is connected as a case fan, to be able to control it's speed.

Page: 1 | 2