Profile for Anthony Lawrence Rimmer > Reviews

Content by Anthony Lawren...

Anthony Lawrence Rimmer

The Reluctant Warrior: An American Airman's Story
The Reluctant Warrior: An American Airman's Story
by Barry Rickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Over to you, Hollywood!, 22 Aug. 2015
A fantastic book and a really great story, which builds with every chapter and every page, telling of how things really where for US Bomber Crews during World War 2.
A coming of age story of bravery, love, dilemma and having to face death on a daily basis.
My thoughts when reading, visualising the characters and the different scenes in my mind, was that this story would make a great TV series or, better still, a major film.
Somebody in Hollywood should pick this up quickly and get the screenplay written!

Honesty
Honesty
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great debut album, from a really great new band., 14 April 2015
This review is from: Honesty (Audio CD)
Lots of influences are apparent here, in some great tracks, from Marc Bolan and T-Rex, Bryan Ferry and Roxy Music, to the individual Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and George Harrison. There is even a semblance of Arctic Monkeys type rock coming out at you that also impresses.
Get this album in your collection. You will be humming the different songs in your head each day and you will not be disappointed.

Duty Calls: Dunkirk: Dunkirk
Duty Calls: Dunkirk: Dunkirk

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read by a really interesting historian...you will not be disappointed!, 24 Jun. 2014
Having seen James Holland presenting several War Documentaries recently and being thoroughly captivated by the stories he tells, I decided to have a look into any books he might have written. I read several of the reviews prior to purchase and decided to take a look at my first James Holland book.
There was mention in the reviews about these books being an adult version of 'Commando' booklets, which I was hooked on as a child...I was not disappointed!
The story is very realistic, as if experienced by real people and not just characters in a novel.
Several elements of the story where quite emotional and brought a lump to my throat and a moisture to the eyes......it was difficult to control, but I had to tell myself to be a man, like the characters I was reading about.
I could not put the book down and I think I read it faster than any other. The writing is very expressive and clear, events are carefully thought out and placed in the context of the story and historical fact.
I was also impressed that the story, although written about a group of hardened war soldiers and one of the main characters quickly becoming hardened to the war from being a raw recruit, there was not one swear word.
I have since purchased HEROES, another book by James Holland and I am finding the same with that.

Roget's Thesaurus - Definitive Edition [Fully Searchable]
Roget's Thesaurus - Definitive Edition [Fully Searchable]

3.0 out of 5 stars Searchable?, 27 Feb. 2013
May claim to be 'Fully Searchable' and it does include all of the words that I have requested so far, but does not then give all of the alternatives.
I had a paper-back copy of this many years ago, which was much better.