Profile for songright > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Crafter's Companion Stick & Stay, Red
Crafter's Companion Stick & Stay, Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed media crafters beware!, 18 April 2017
I loved the idea of being able to spray an intricate die cut and stick permanently without the need for wet glue. However, this did not work for me. I followed the instructions, I even weighted the glued pieces with a paperweight for 30 mins or so after sticking but within 12 hours the pieces had lifted. See picture - the die cuts curled up after leaving overnight. It may, of course, have been the surface I was sticking to - this was a mixed media piece where I was attaching die cut paper to a heavy cardboard background (coloured with distress inks, gelatos and Lindy's Stamp gang spray inks). Unfortunately, the product did not work for me. I give it three stars as I could feel how sticky the back was and I am hoping this will work well for paper on paper attachments.

AmazonBasics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Mattress Pad - King
AmazonBasics Overfilled Ultra Soft Microplush Mattress Pad - King

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfy topper, 13 Nov. 2016
Amazing! Simply amazing! Makes the bed feel really cozy and comfortable. I would not compare to a memory foam topper so if you are looking for something like that then you will be disappointed. This is like a deep filled plush matress protector and it has a soft microfiber like surface on the top. It has great deep sides so they would easily cover a deep matress and even an additional foam topper if you had that too. Have not laundered it yet so I'm not sure how it will hold up to washing.

Pyrex 1 Litre Borosilicate Glass Round Dish with Plastic Lid
Pyrex 1 Litre Borosilicate Glass Round Dish with Plastic Lid

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as a microwave saucepan, 13 Nov. 2016
Really great product. Perfect for heating soups or stews in microwave. It's glass so it doesn't stain like I have seen with plastic containers. Be careful about expectations with portion size...I think this would be comfortable for a one person meal but for two people it would be a tight squeeze. You always need to leave room when reheating food so bear in mind that it might only be suitable for one person at a time. The lid fits securely and it is made of plastic. Note that you cannot use the lid in a conventional oven. The steam vent in the lid is excellent and the lid allows the food to remain contained yet still enable steam to escape. Great product.

AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - 2 Medium and 2 Large (4-Piece Set), Black
AmazonBasics Packing Cubes - 2 Medium and 2 Large (4-Piece Set), Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel organisers - a must for when you have cabin bags only, 19 Oct. 2016
Absolutely perfect for travelling. I used these for the first time a few weeks ago and they made the travel process, from packing to airport security, much easier. It was so easy to separate items - clothes in one bag and smalls in another. Then if you get stopped at airport security, all you need to do is lift out the bags separately. They are sturdy and the mesh allows you to see the contents. The large one allows you to add about 2-3 pairs of jeans and about 4-5 t-shirts. I have recommended to others that travel often and they found them equally useful.

2 PACK 10 LED PIR Motion Sensor Light MAXAH LED Cupboard Light USB Rechargeable Night Light Wardrobe Light Kitchen Cabinet Light Hallway Light USB Rechargeable 10 LED Pure White,2 Pack
Offered by MAXAH

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product to light up your dark nooks and crannies, 19 Oct. 2016
I love these lights. They are under a cupboard and enable me to see under my sink, and another is in a wardrobe enabling me to see my clothes without disturbing my sleeping partner. So easy to charge and install. Battery life depends on usage obviously. Wardrobe one lasts a few weeks (as I only open it once or so a day. The under the sink one needs charging more often - maybe once a week as I might open that cupboard several times a day (and this activates the light to come on). They are small enough to use on a drawer too where you need to light up the contents of a drawer. Highly recommended.

StarTech 0.5 m Micro-USB Male to Female Extension Cable
StarTech 0.5 m Micro-USB Male to Female Extension Cable

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have when a docking station isn't docking properly, 19 Oct. 2016
Really useful product. The reason I bought this was for a nightstand speaker where the phone wouldn't always dock properly and I would wake in the morning to discover my phone battery was dead. This has been a perfect solution and allows me to charge my phone without any hassle.

16x75mm Self-Stick PTFE Rectangle Furniture Sliders (4 Pack) - Self Adhesive - Works on Hardwood Floors and Carpet to Reduce Friction - The Best Way to Move Heavy Furniture! - SimplySlide
Offered by Simply Slide

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply excellent gliders, 19 Oct. 2016
These were surprisingly good. I actually used these for under bed storage boxes that were heavy and made from wood. The flooring is carpet so the boxes got stuck when pulling them out. However, these plastic sliders made the job of moving the boxes in and out much easier. Becuase of the weight the boxes are never going to glide, but at least I can now move them without pulling a muscle. They have been in place for more than 2 months and are still intact.

Cat Holton Sb, Men  Chelsea Boots, Brown (Honey Reset), 10 UK (44 EU)
Cat Holton Sb, Men Chelsea Boots, Brown (Honey Reset), 10 UK (44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, stylish and practical, 19 Oct. 2016
Absolutely fab boots. Really comfortable, stylish and practical. Can be worn for work or heading out. Would definitely recommend these.

HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit
HoMedics iHeal Tissue and Cell Repair Unit
Offered by Prominent

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good for pain management, 4 Aug. 2014
I am not really able to comment on the 'tissue and cell repair', but as a pain management solution, it is excellent. I don't really know how or why it is so good at relieving pain but the unit is truly excellent at numbing nerve pain (eg sciatica) or general muscular pain. I have even found tremendous relief using it to manage pain from costochondritis. When it is on the skin, there are no noticeable effects, no contraction/stimulation like TENS or uncomfortable feelings. You wouldn't even really know that the device is there. The unit is really small - it would fit easily within the scoop of a dessert spoon - and the battery life is quite good. Although it's not waterproof, I've even left it on accidentally in the shower and it survived! I'd recommend trying hard to remember not to wear in the shower!

The down side has to be the sticky pads as they are relatively expensive. They must be applied to clean, dry and not very hairy skin otherwise they risk falling off or not sticking well in the first place. I've never needed to use the wrist strap but having something similar but a bit larger would have been a better option. Changing the batter is a bit fiddly too as you have to unscrew the back with the provided screwdriver and then proceed with changing the two batteries.

Overall, I'd highly recommend this product which for me was particularly good for pain management. It is small, portable and discreet, and the only negative points are the costs associated with replacement sticky pads and the fiddly way of changing the battery.

EasyAcc ® Portable Adjust Stand Docks Holder Docking Station for all 4-10 inch Smart phone/E-reader/Tablet:iPad,iPhone,Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 10.1[for Kitchen,Bed,Car ]

5.0 out of 5 stars A highly recommended stand, 29 Aug. 2013
This stand feels very well made and is sturdy with rubberised feet. It works by pushing the button in the hinge which then unlocks the "arm" allowing it to rotate freely. Then once you have found the desired position, you release the button and the arm locks into place. The arm will also lock into a completely flat position which is ideal for travelling. I use this stand as a nightstand for my phone which has its charging point at the bottom of the phone - meaning I have to position my phone sideways to use it while plugged in. The only downside (and this is not a fault with the stand but more to do with the phone design) is that my power and volume keys are on the side of my phone and with my phone turned sideways, these button often get accidentally pressed! Apart from that this is an excellent piece of kit and it is highly recommended.

Page: 1 | 2