Profile for Julian JJ > Reviews

Content by Julian JJ

Julian JJ (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
15000mAh Dual USB Portable Solar Charger Backup Power Bank Outdoor Solar Panel Charger with LED Emergency Light for iPhone Samsung HTC and Other Smartphone (Orange).
Offered by BSAMZ

2.0 out of 5 stars Why so many apparently fake reviews?, 14 Mar. 2017
The 5-star reviews look pretty obviously fake to me. They read just like adverts translated from Chinese into bad English, and with several of them you can almost see the tick-list of things to include in the advert...er, I mean review. Clearly they're not by mother tongue English speakers, which seems odd for Amazon UK!

I bought a similar item about a year ago, which was allegedly 40000mAh - I really should have realised that it wasn't possible to fit that much battery into that size of gadget! It was about a 10th of that in reality - so I guess this one is an improvement on that! - and solar charging was unreliable, kept turning itself off etc.

[Newest Version] 3 Alarms Clock, Mid or Low Auto Dimmable Display -Svinz Memory Loss Day Clock Digital Calendar - Extra Large Non-Abbreviated Day & Month - SDC006 -Brushed Silver
Offered by SVINZ EUROPE

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, with one or two potential limitations, 31 Aug. 2016
I got this for elderly mother who has mild dementia can no longer remember what day it is. She loves the clock, as the day of the week and the time are nice and clear. There are several similar items available, and I chose this one as I thought the day of the week and time would be clearest. However, my mother looks at the clock from the other side of the room, about 2.5 metres away, and the text size for both the date and for a.m./p.m. is too small for her to read properly, though I could easily read them. I guess there's a space issue on the screen: if the date were bigger, something else would have to be smaller.
The clock runs off mains power, so it has to be fairly near a power source. The total cable length is something like 1.5 or 2 metres, I think, but I'm not able to check it exactly at the moment.
The 8" screen is the same size as all the others I could find on Amazon, which is OK, but wouldn't want to be smaller. I can see a use for a bigger one, as it would be easier to see across the room (e.g. on the mantelpiece) and easier to fit the date in bigger characters.
You can change the order of the display, and you can also choose 24 hour clock (which would deal with the a.m./p.m. issue, I guess). However, this clock does not have an option to display simply "It is now Tuesday afternoon". Some similar clocks have that display, and I think some can switch between that and the kind of display on this clock.

Payback
Payback

1.0 out of 5 stars Not much appeal, 23 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Payback (Kindle Edition)
Got this free from Amazon. Started reading it, but found that it seemed to be about a collection of deeply unpleasant and unlikeable characters behaving unpleasantly, with nothing about it that made me feel I wanted to read it. Gave up.

No Other God: How To Return To The Forgotten God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob
No Other God: How To Return To The Forgotten God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

1.0 out of 5 stars The usual nonsense, it seems., 31 Jan. 2016
Judging by the book info, this is nonsense for the gullible. Books of this kind crop up every month or so, always with the same message: "True Christianity has been lost, the millions and millions of Christians in this world don't realize, but, despite my total lack of education in theology, I alone have the truth! Buy my book for £6.99! It's great value, honest!

Biggles Flies East
Biggles Flies East

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 8 Oct. 2015
Fine. Has the odd typo (resulting from the scanning process?), but not many. And it's Biggles...

Betron HDMI to HDMI Cable, High Speed, 3D Support, Ethernet Function, 4K Support, HDMI Lead for TV, Laptops, PS3, PS4 , Xbox etc (2.4 Meters)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Oct. 2015
Came quickly, works fine.

USB Wifi Adapter for the Raspberry Pi
USB Wifi Adapter for the Raspberry Pi
Offered by New IT limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 8 Oct. 2015
It's great. It actually has an LED or something in it, so it lights up when in use.

Raspberry Pi 2 -- Model B (1GB) With Vilros Clear Case [NEWEST VERSION]
Raspberry Pi 2 -- Model B (1GB) With Vilros Clear Case [NEWEST VERSION]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Oct. 2015
Came quickly, works fine. No problems.

niceEshop(TM) Mini Retractable USB Cable Optical Mouse / Portable Travel Mouse For PC Laptop -Blue +Free niceEshop Cable Tie
Offered by niceEshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Small - just the job, 8 Oct. 2015
I bought this for my 4-year-old, who was struggling to control a full-size mouse: she couldn't rest her wrist on the table, and so couldn't do fine movements. This mouse works well for her - she was doing mouse control games much more successfully. It's small - I can use it, but I'd prefer something bigger. I've attached some photos, showing stationery items and my (fairly big) hand. Posted from Hong Kong, so took a couple of weeks to arrive.
Comment Comment | Permalink