Profile for Geoffers > Reviews

Content by Geoffers

Geoffers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Nike Relentless 4, Men's Training Running Shoes, Black (Black/White/University Red/Metallic Silver), 10 UK (45 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhh!, 19 May 2015
Superb, lightweight trainer, extremely comfortable to wear, and keeps your feet cool 10/10

8-9mm White Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings in 14K Gold - AAAA Quality
8-9mm White Freshwater Pearl Stud Earrings in 14K Gold - AAAA Quality
Offered by ThePearlSource

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 17 April 2015
I bought these, along with the 8-9mm matinee necklace, as a gift, but, as a fairly average man, I still thought they were absolutely beautiful when they first arrived and I checked the package. Now that the gift has been given, I can also say that the recipient thought exactly the same as I did - beautiful pearls and very nicely set on a white gold mount. The fact that they also come in lovely presentation cases just adds to the overall impression. Definitely worth a ten out of ten.

14K Gold 8-9mm White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Necklace, 20 Inch Matinee Length
14K Gold 8-9mm White Freshwater Cultured Pearl Necklace, 20 Inch Matinee Length
Offered by ThePearlSource

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply beautiful, 17 April 2015
I bought these, along with the earrings, as a gift, but, as a fairly average man, I still thought they were absolutely beautiful when they first arrived and I checked the package. Now that the gift has been given, I can also say that the recipient thought exactly the same as I did - beautiful pearls, very well strung and with very pretty white gold catches. The fact that they also come in lovely presentation cases just adds to the overall impression. Definitely worth a ten out of ten.

Living dining sleeping room office Table lamp lightning Floor lamp Globo 1001-1T

5.0 out of 5 stars Ten out of ten!, 30 Mar. 2015
Smashing lamp, looks great. Also brilliant customer service from company after first delivery arrived damaged. A replacement was despatched immediately and arrived safely, all the way from Germany, just three days later. Top marks all round.

Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi

3.0 out of 5 stars NICE DISPLAY, SHAME ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE, 30 Mar. 2015
Having had and used a Kindle keyboard from the very first days of Kindle, I thought I would treat myself for and upgrade to this new model. With hindsight, I wish I hadn't wasted the money, and have now gone back to my old Kindle. Yes the display on the new one is brilliant in all sorts of light, but I find the touch controls are not very responsive, and library management is an absolute nightmare. I have quite a large e-book collection, which I manage in Calibre on my PC so that I can keep all books organised by author, series, date of publication etc (and yes, I admit am a bit of an organisational freak, but I like to be able to find my books quickly and easily). However, transferring books onto the Kindle, and keeping them in Author Collections (as Kindle calls them) has proved to be such an absolute nightmare, I've completely stopped trying, and have now gone back to my old Kindle keyboard. If e-book management can't be done easily and quickly on the Kindle Voyage, why on earth have a company the size of Amazon not bothered to provide some basic supporting management software for, say, PC platforms which makes this necessary task possible.

E27 13W White LED Corn Light Bulb Lamp 263LEDs 220V
E27 13W White LED Corn Light Bulb Lamp 263LEDs 220V
Offered by UK-Xnow(From Hong Kong)

1.0 out of 5 stars ? UNSAFE, 8 Mar. 2015
I have just arranged to return this item to Amazon for several reasons. 1 - The box does not carry any CE approved marking, so as far as I know this light should not even be on sale in the UK; 2 - the Edison screw mount was misaligned, so the light sat at an angle in the bulb holder; 3 - the light itself was a VERY bright and dazzling white, generated quite a bit of heat, and gave off a strong smell of burning plastic after a few minutes; and, from a packaging point of view 4 - it came in a box that was way too tight for the contents, carried absolutely no information on where it was made (though I suspect the Far East), and actually showed details of a different LED light to the one inside. All of which I find very worrying, and more than enough reason to say I would not take the risk of using this in my house.

Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)
Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Feb. 2015
In a word - amazing. Without a doubt the best buy I have made in years. I hesitated for ages about whether to buy these or not, but eventually decided to take the plunge.
I have been a music lover for some 55 years, and over those years have had every type of music system imaginable (staring with a Dansette record player in 1959). Although I have never been able to afford the most expensive, I have always tried to buy the best my money could afford, and the Sonos 5 is, without a doubt, the best EVER. The sound that comes out of this unit is unlike anything I've ever had before. It's crystal clear, has plenty of volume (if you need it), and lots of depth - I am literally hearing subtle sounds in my music that I have never heard before.
Initial set-up and connection to my home network proved fast and easy. Connection to my digital music library on the file server proved a bit trickier, but a free phone call to Sonos Customer Service put me in touch with a very knowledgeable and extremely helpful young man who sorted my problem out very quickly - arguably the best customer service I've had in ages. Since I first got the system up and running in my lounge, I have purchased a second unit for the room I use as my home 'office', and, using the very fast search facility, I can now find and play any track literally within seconds using the free apps on my Android smartphone, my iPad or my PC.
If I have any criticism at all, it is that the apps would be better if they had more features and more options to customise the display (as they are, they do the job efficiently, but they are simplistic and lack several 'good to have' features). Two points for other potential buyers to note: (1) the search facility (obviously) relies on your digital music files being properly indexed (ie the MP3 tags need to have the right info in the right place), so if your files are not so organised (often the case with older stuff and compilation albums), you will need to get yourself an MP3 tag editor to put them right (I used the brilliant freeware program MP3Tag); and (2) although it wasn't a problem for me, I did discover on my 'travels' that the Sonos systems all have an index capacity limit of 65,000 tracks (though that won't be a problem unless you have more than, say, 4,000 albums) .

13FT INC BRUSH HEAD, WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE & SOAP DISPENSER
13FT INC BRUSH HEAD, WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE & SOAP DISPENSER
Offered by HI-TECH GLOBAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 23 July 2014
Brilliant product. Finally, after several failures in past years, I have at last found the perfect answer to cleaning my conservatory roof quickly and easily. This pole & brush combo did the job easily, with absolutely zero leakage from any of the joints or connectors (and that was really important to me as I can only do my conservatory roof from the bedroom window and I don't need any water spraying on the carpets). The water on/off switch also worked perfectly, while the very large brush head strikes just the right balance between hard and soft to get the roof spotlessly clean in seconds without too much effort. However, and as other reviewers have said, you do need to be quite strong to use this as the fully extended pole, when full of water, is unsurprisingly both heavy and unwieldy, and takes a lot of strength to control it (though, to be fair, I also think it would be a lot easier to use if I was able to stand on level ground below, rather than hang out of a window above, my roof!). Highly recommended. (PS delivery was excellent too!)

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover/Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for Apple iPad Mini - Black
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 13 July 2014
After buying a white one of these cases when I first got an iPad mini back in late 2012, it has survived substantial daily use ever since, and has proved absolutely superb in use. But because that white case was, understandably, now looking somewhat the worse for 20 months wear, I decided to get a new case in black, and didn't hesitate to go for another Forefront case. Lovely cases, simplicity itself to fit, does the job perfectly, and excellent value for money. Definitely as good as it gets, and highly recommended.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Inflation or what?, 27 Jan. 2014
Good product and rapid delivery, but £9.20 a tub last week and £23.58 a tub this week????? You have got to be kidding me!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3