Profile for Geoffers > Reviews

Content by Geoffers

Geoffers

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)
Sonos PLAY:5 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi (formerly S5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 27 Feb. 2015
In a word - amazing. Without a doubt the best buy I have made in years. I hesitated for ages about whether to buy these or not, but eventually decided to take the plunge.
I have been a music lover for some 55 years, and over those years have had every type of music system imaginable (staring with a Dansette record player in 1959). Although I have never been able to afford the most expensive, I have always tried to buy the best my money could afford, and the Sonos 5 is, without a doubt, the best EVER. The sound that comes out of this unit is unlike anything I've ever had before. It's crystal clear, has plenty of volume (if you need it), and lots of depth - I am literally hearing subtle sounds in my music that I have never heard before.
Initial set-up and connection to my home network proved fast and easy. Connection to my digital music library on the file server proved a bit trickier, but a free phone call to Sonos Customer Service put me in touch with a very knowledgeable and extremely helpful young man who sorted my problem out very quickly - arguably the best customer service I've had in ages. Since I first got the system up and running in my lounge, I have purchased a second unit for the room I use as my home 'office', and, using the very fast search facility, I can now find and play any track literally within seconds using the free apps on my Android smartphone, my iPad or my PC.
If I have any criticism at all, it is that the apps would be better if they had more features and more options to customise the display (as they are, they do the job efficiently, but they are simplistic and lack several 'good to have' features). Two points for other potential buyers to note: (1) the search facility (obviously) relies on your digital music files being properly indexed (ie the MP3 tags need to have the right info in the right place), so if your files are not so organised (often the case with older stuff and compilation albums), you will need to get yourself an MP3 tag editor to put them right (I used the brilliant freeware program MP3Tag); and (2) although it wasn't a problem for me, I did discover on my 'travels' that the Sonos systems all have an index capacity limit of 65,000 tracks (though that won't be a problem unless you have more than, say, 4,000 albums) .

13FT INC BRUSH HEAD, WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE & SOAP DISPENSER
13FT INC BRUSH HEAD, WATER FED WINDOW CLEANING POLE & SOAP DISPENSER
Offered by HI-TECH GLOBAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 23 July 2014
Brilliant product. Finally, after several failures in past years, I have at last found the perfect answer to cleaning my conservatory roof quickly and easily. This pole & brush combo did the job easily, with absolutely zero leakage from any of the joints or connectors (and that was really important to me as I can only do my conservatory roof from the bedroom window and I don't need any water spraying on the carpets). The water on/off switch also worked perfectly, while the very large brush head strikes just the right balance between hard and soft to get the roof spotlessly clean in seconds without too much effort. However, and as other reviewers have said, you do need to be quite strong to use this as the fully extended pole, when full of water, is unsurprisingly both heavy and unwieldy, and takes a lot of strength to control it (though, to be fair, I also think it would be a lot easier to use if I was able to stand on level ground below, rather than hang out of a window above, my roof!). Highly recommended. (PS delivery was excellent too!)

Forefront Cases Leather Case Cover/Stand with Magnetic Auto Sleep Wake Function for Apple iPad Mini - Black
Offered by Forefront Cases

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as it gets, 13 July 2014
After buying a white one of these cases when I first got an iPad mini back in late 2012, it has survived substantial daily use ever since, and has proved absolutely superb in use. But because that white case was, understandably, now looking somewhat the worse for 20 months wear, I decided to get a new case in black, and didn't hesitate to go for another Forefront case. Lovely cases, simplicity itself to fit, does the job perfectly, and excellent value for money. Definitely as good as it gets, and highly recommended.

Foodscience of Vermont Mega Probiotic ND (120 Vegetarian Capsules)
Foodscience of Vermont Mega Probiotic ND (120 Vegetarian Capsules)
Offered by Cambria Health Group

1.0 out of 5 stars Inflation or what?, 27 Jan. 2014
Good product and rapid delivery, but £9.20 a tub last week and £23.58 a tub this week????? You have got to be kidding me!

Asus X551CA 15.6-inch Laptop (Black) - (Intel Core i3 3217U 1.8GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home)
Offered by Yachew LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Exclellent VFM, 16 Jan. 2014
For the money, this has to be one of the best low-priced laptops around. It's been in use for two months now, and has performed flawlessly. It's quite lightweight, charges fast, runs fast, shuts down and starts up fast, and generally does everything needed. The i3 processor and memory combo is more than man enough for everyday use, while the 15.6" screen is really crisp and sharp. As far as I'm concerned, it was a brilliant buy.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 7:58 AM BST

Solid Stainless Steel Straight Ends Watch Strap with Lumpy Links Super Engineer, 22mm
Offered by WatchGecko

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 6 Jan. 2014
As a replacement s/s wrist band, it really doesn't get any better than this. It may be on the pricey side, but you do get what you pay for. The band is beautifully constructed, feels as solid as a rock, and I'm sure it will last for years. Highly recommended.

Duvet Quilt Cover & Pillow Case Bed Set - Snowflake Red - Double
Duvet Quilt Cover & Pillow Case Bed Set - Snowflake Red - Double

1.0 out of 5 stars Danger!, 6 Jan. 2014
Use this lovely looking quilt set at your peril. I bought this because it looked Chistmassy, and used it for 8 days over the holiday period. Never again, it's now heading straight for the tip. In use, the red dye comes off onto everything - your skin, the (white) pillow protectors, the (white) mattress protector and the (white) fitted sheet. When I stripped the bed the sheet, the pillow protector and the mattress protector were all stained pink, and it doesn't wash out. Because the red dye gets onto your skin, I also now have a pink stained white hand towel and bath towel, and pink stained armrests on my cream leather office chair (which also will not come out).

I did incidentally try washing the quilt set itself, but found that the red site of both the quilt and the pillow cases stained the white side of the quilt and pillow cases pink. This set is 100% absolute rubbish, and should not be on sale.

Ranex Leipzig 5000.267 60 Watt Outdoor Wall Light with Movement Detector
Ranex Leipzig 5000.267 60 Watt Outdoor Wall Light with Movement Detector

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and bad, 16 Dec. 2013
First the good. It's a great looking outdoor light that looks really elegant once installed; the PIR works very well (so far at least); and the light itself is everything I was expecting.

However:

- I'm pretty sure the light I received wasn't new (the box had clearly been opened; the internal polystyrene packaging was a wreck, the top cover of the lamp itself had a small dent in it; and the various parts were all messed up inside the box).
- the instructions were pretty naff;
- the main body of the lamp was very tricky to assemble, and, now it's 5 feet up on a wall, I am acutely aware of the fact that it will almost certainly be a nightmare to replace the (energy saving) bulb I've used if it ever decides to go. (fingers crossed it lasts the 30,000 hours!)

After some consideration, I didn't return the light because I needed the lamp, and because the small dent in the top didn't show once it had been installed. But at just under £50 I'm not convinced this was one of my better purchases.

HOMEFRONT PREMIUM SINGLE SIZE FULLY FITTED WASHABLE LUXURY FLEECE MATTRESS COVER SINGLE CONTROL (INDIVIDUAL HEAT CONTROL FOR BODY & FEET)

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb electric blanket, 15 Nov. 2013
While this may be a bit dearer than some, it does go to prove the old adage that you get what you pay for. The blanket works beautifully; it's very flexible with it's 9 heat settings for both feet and body; and it's 4 timer settings cover most needs. it really does use VERY little electricity, and even on the lowest of it's 9 settings, the subtle warmth seeps steadily through your body as long as it's on and helps ensure you sleep really well. If you're a cold mortal, this is the ideal answer to getting a good night's sleep.

Bisk Arktic 01474 Spare Toilet Roll Holder Double in Chrome, 24 x 7.5 x 5 cm
Bisk Arktic 01474 Spare Toilet Roll Holder Double in Chrome, 24 x 7.5 x 5 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Tidy tidy!, 15 Nov. 2013
Spot on. Looks great and helps keep everything nice and tidy. Being so visible, it really helps ensure you never run out when it matters most!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3