Profile for RJ > Reviews

RJ "Rowan"

Page: 1 | 2
Qpad Battlefield 4 Edition CT Pro Gaming Mouse Pad
Qpad Battlefield 4 Edition CT Pro Gaming Mouse Pad

2.0 out of 5 stars The colours cause tracking issues on some mice., 25 Sept. 2016
I had a lot of tracking issues with the pad. It didn't have a woven surface like most mouse pads which didn't help but the biggest issue is the colours I think. I was using the Asus Strix Claw so if you're using that, avoid this, it won't work well for you. Otherwise, it's a gamble. The Corsair M45 worked fine on this. The material itself is a thick foam, about 5mm thick (that's a rough guess, it's thicker than most pads) and is very compforatble. My only other issue with the product is that I couldn't get it to stay flat, it always wanted to roll itself back the to the way it was inside the tube it came shipped in. To me, thats enough to not recommend it.

Razer Hammerhead Pro Analog Gaming and Music In Ear Headset
Razer Hammerhead Pro Analog Gaming and Music In Ear Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for gaming. Steer clear for music., 11 Aug. 2016
I own a set of HyperX Cloud II's which I love to game with, but being a club bar tender, I often work late shifts making it rather impractical to wear them before a shift (headphone hair). I bought these to solve that issue and to replace my old earphones that I used for music, which I had misplaced.

Whilst these do come this a rather high price tag, they are worth it in my opinion FOR GAMING. I cannot stress this enough because they don't provide a better musical experience than my old earphones which were priced at £20. I have used these for about 50 hours of gaming and I love the sound they give. The bass isn't overwhelming; it doesn't drown out the highs and mids. The balance is truly great for gaming and I'd recommend them if that's what you're getting them for but if you're getting them for music, I would steer clear and get something else.

For the reason that I find myself using them far more than my Cloud II's, I would recommed them for gaming purposes, but not music.

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth 2016 Quiet Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with 10 Key Rollover - Green Backlit (UK Layout)
Offered by Dealtime IT

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mechanical keyboard, whether it's for gaming or anything else. Razer's new key switches are awesome., 11 Aug. 2016
Before buying this keyboard i was using the Razer deathstalker, a considerably different keyboard (membraine with chicklet style keys). Since receiving it almost 2 weeks ago, I've had a lot of free time to try it out so I've had about 55 hours of gaming time using it. Whilst it is a "quiet" version, it is by no means silent: you still get a bit of noise coming from the keys, although it is nowhere near as loud as standard mechanical keyboards. With a nice set of in ear earphones or headphones, the sound is noticable but not immersion breaking. I quite enjoy the sound of the keyboard clicking away whilst playing a game or typing away for general use.

Each keypress has a satisfying sound despite its lower overall noise and you can feel the mechanical switches working as you press. Razer's new key switches are amazing; at first, I felt they were a little light in comparison to the deathstalker but after some time playing, whether it was breaking in the switches or adjusting to them, they're amazing to game on.

In comparison to the deathstalker, I feel the keyboard is better in all areas apart from one thing: the missing wrist rest. Now, whilst it's not standard for keyboards to come with a rest, it is something I miss from the transition, but it's something I can learn to live without. That or I can just buy a standalone one.

Corsair Gaming CH-9300111-EU M65 Pro Multi-Colour RGB Backlit Performance Optical Gaming Mouse - White

4.0 out of 5 stars A great mouse boasting ridiculously high DPI settings, 31 July 2016
Prior to buying this mouse, I used its younger sibling, the M45; their main differences are the software, the DPI settings and the sniper button. With an aluminium chasis it has a very sturdy feel to it without adding too much weight to it. It feels great to hold and fits in my hand perfectly. Due to it's shape and it's rough side grips, it's easy to control and lift as you need it.

The software for this mouse it great, allowing you to reasign any button or macro to any button on the mouse. Macro recording is as easy as pressing the record button in the software, doing all the keypresses and pressing the record button again to finish recording. The mouse has 5 adjustable DPI settings and a 6th setting if you count the sniper button (which can be remapped to any other key or macro if you wish so). Whilst this mouse has a ridiculously high DPI range, you will most likely never use any DPI higher than 5000 on a 1080p monitor. Obviously, that case may change according to the size of your monitor.

Everything about this mouse feels great. The only downside about it is the glossy white plastic and that it's a right hand mouse only. Whilst I'm not a fan of gloss, I dont mind it on this mouse. For sweaty hands, it just means you will need to clean it a bit more often which isn't a big deal. Lefty's will just have to go for another mouse unfortunately. I haven't noticed any acceleration for the while that I've been using this mouse. If there is any, it's barely noticeable.

All round, I would recommend this to any FPS gamer, or any gamer for that matter. If you're not interested in the sniper button and don't want to use any macros, I would recommend the M45 instead. It's practically the same mouse but has a plastic chasis rather than aluminium, has a lower DPI laser and can't use macros.

Dripex® Battery for Samsung Galaxy i9500 S4 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Dripex® Battery for Samsung Galaxy i9500 S4 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery

3.0 out of 5 stars 85% capacity, 28 Feb. 2016
I ordered 2 of these. Whilst they work, they only seem to hold 85% capacity. Whenever I have charged them, they say they're at 100% but after using themfor a few minutes, even on lock, they fall down to 85%. Both batteries do this. I would recommend getting a different battery, probably an official one.

AMD FX6300 Black Edition 6 Core (3.5/4.1GHz, 8MB Level 3 Cache, 6MB Level 2 Cache, Socket AM3+, 95W, Retail Boxed)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great budget CPU, 27 Feb. 2016
For the price you cannot go wrong. Plays many games very well being a six core. I found it to be very snappy during normal use such as word processing and web browsing. I would recommend this for a budget build around the £400 mark.

ISASSYNew Unisex Women Mens Knitted Knit Winter Warm Ski Crochet Slouch Hat Cap Beanie Candy color

1.0 out of 5 stars Far too small. Bad material., 27 Feb. 2016
The product I received wasn't knitted. It was actually made of silk. The material was very thin as well and was very tight fitting. So tight, that it was really hard to put on correctly. This wasn't helped by the material slipping all the time causing it to slide in on itself. Wouldn't recommend this unless you have a small head.

EVGA Nvidia GeForce GT 740 Superclocked Graphics Card (2GB, GDDR5, PCI Express 3.0)

4.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy..., 21 Nov. 2015
For starters, I shall outline that I've had this card since April 2015 at around the same price as it is now. I'm running an AMD FX-6300 at standard clock speed (~3.5Ghz) and 16GB of ram and Windows 10 as of 2 weeks ago.

I do a fair amount of gaming and was planning on upgraing this card after a few month since I lacked the budget for a better card when I built the whole computer, but now after using this card for a while, until I decide that i want to play some never releases, I will be sticking with this card. I can say that for the money, it's a great card and it's worth it if you're going to play games from and prior to 2012-2013; you may even be able to play some games from after then depending on what they are.

Here are some rough benchmarks at 1080p from my build:
- Black Ops 2: Medium to high graphics, 40-80fps (I used VSync so my framerates never went above 60)
- Aura Kingdom (MMORPG): Full graphics - 60fps
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: high graphics - 45-60fps with the occasional dip to 40
- Hyperdimmension neptunia re:birth 1: 60fps with the occasional dip to 45 at the lowest
- Guild Wars 2: Medium to high - 60 fps
- Naruto shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 full burst: 30fps no dips(capped) VSync, no supersampling

For the price and what it is, it's a great card for some casual gaming but dont expect to be running games at full graphics 1440p with AA and the like... It's not happening but it's still good for gaming but if you're expecting to do other graphically intensive processing then don't bother, invest more money into a higher end card.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2016 9:29 PM GMT

Trading Card Sleeves - 60 Ultra Pro White Deck Protectors YuGiOh! Sized
Trading Card Sleeves - 60 Ultra Pro White Deck Protectors YuGiOh! Sized

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sleeves, really nice see to them, 3 Nov. 2014
Great sleeves, really nice see to them. I can shuffle them easily and they don't split easily like other sleeves i've tried (ultra pro - pro-matte and deckprot).

EARLYBIRD SAVINGS 3ft USB to Micro USB Factory Cable for Amazon Kindle Fire Motorola Xoom/Phones

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, 27 July 2013
The cable I received from this seller looked like a normal cable. That's because it was a normal cable. I bought it so i could fix my kindle fire but since this has happened, I'll have to get a refund or demand a new one. Complete waste of money.

Page: 1 | 2