Profile for Dangui > Reviews

100º And Rising
100º And Rising
Offered by jim-exselecky

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: 100º And Rising (Audio CD)
My first Incognito album, and it may not be my last. The songs are catchy, soulful, and feel-good, but the presence of "percussion programming" does bother me a little bit, but hey, that's "acid jazz" I guess!

Expresso 2
Expresso 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant; you'll be hooked on marimbas and vibraphones after listening., 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Expresso 2 (Audio CD)
Basically the jazz-fusion continuation of Gazeuse (Expresso 1 in north armerica). The highest quality players overall. The marimba and vibraphone are played and composed majestically, which left me enthralled. I've yet to hear a better gong album overall that stands above this.

The Acid Jazz Story
The Acid Jazz Story
Offered by westworld-

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a great selection but good value, 18 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Acid Jazz Story (Audio CD)
Ok, it's cheap, and gives you a bit of an introduction to acid jazz, but only about a third of the double disk good in my opinion. Good value, but if you can find a different acid jazz collection for the same price. I'd buy that first if I were you.