Profile for Sara M > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Mad Love
Mad Love

2.0 out of 5 stars Mildly entertaining but pretty poor really., 2 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Mad Love (Kindle Edition)
No LOL moments as reviews stated. Pretty poorly plotted and executed. Characters were annoying and the storyline predictable. Ok as a light read but I almost didn't bother finishing.

DEAD NASTY a gripping crime thriller full of twists
DEAD NASTY a gripping crime thriller full of twists

1.0 out of 5 stars Nasty indeed., 17 Nov. 2016
Very badly written. The scenarios and human interactions are unrealistic to the point of irritation. The characters are under developed and unsympathetic. The plot in uncomplicated and the author rushes to an abrupt finish, perhaps as bored writing it as I was reading it. I admire anyone who has the guts to put pen to paper, but this is a poor effort indeed.

The Cold Room (A Taylor Jackson Thriller)
The Cold Room (A Taylor Jackson Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 7 Aug. 2014
Another strong book in what is proving to be a fantastic series. Really surprised I haven't come across the author before. She has great characters and a fabulous imagination. If you love a good gory crime thriller, this is for you.

The Immortals (Mills & Boon M&B) (A Taylor Jackson novel, Book 5)
The Immortals (Mills & Boon M&B) (A Taylor Jackson novel, Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, thrilling and smart, 7 Aug. 2014
I am a huge fan of all these books, reading them one after the other. Well written, intelligent crime thrillers. All the characters are very likeable and the story keeps you gripped from beginning to end.

Here's Looking At You
Here's Looking At You

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 23 Feb. 2014
A cut above the usual romance books. Good characters and some comedic dialogue. Not original or ground breaking but a good, easy, fun read.

Want to Know a Secret?
Want to Know a Secret?

3.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and simple, 23 Feb. 2014
Really not too much substance or originality to the story, but a perfectly readable romance. It's cute, not clever. It's fine, not fantastic.

Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)
Long Time Coming (Fated Loves Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Chick lit with a spooky twist, 22 Feb. 2014
If you like your romance with a little spookiness thrown in then here's the book for you. I have to say the previews put me off reading this one (I like my stories a little more of this world) but the author actually pulls this off. It's quite an entertaining read. Not earth shattering, but worth a shot.

Hard Landing (The 1st Spider Shepherd Thriller)
Hard Landing (The 1st Spider Shepherd Thriller)

5.0 out of 5 stars Man thrills, 22 Feb. 2014
This was so not my type of book, in fact, it's the sort of book my Dad would love...yet...I really enjoyed it. In fact, I've become a bit of a groupie, (or should that be bookie?) so now I've read all ten books and I'm surprised to find myself waiting on the next.

I'm not sure why these books intrigue me. They're just good, thrilling fun.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

5.0 out of 5 stars Joy, joy, joy, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
It's rare for me to find a book I love to recommend to friends. So often I wonder if others will enjoy as much as I did, but with this book I have no hesitation. It's clever. It's well written. It's incredibly enjoyable. The plot twists and turns and plays with your allegiances so much so that you start to question every line you read. Totally brilliant.

The Penal Colony
The Penal Colony

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly fascinating, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Penal Colony (Kindle Edition)
I found this book to be an incredibly, wonderfully uncomfortable read. The premiss of the plot was original and tremendously thought provoking. It makes a wonderfully fresh read from the many, many crime and romance novels around at the moment. Really worth a shot if you enjoy a bit of darkness in your reading. Very compelling.

Page: 1 | 2