Profile for daveyh > Reviews

Content by daveyh

daveyh

Mandy Mystery line Women's Plus Size Lace Crotchless Bodystocking, Black, Large/ Extra Large

4.0 out of 5 stars quality item, 5 Sept. 2015
Really good quality item, generous fit, looks really good

The Book of Digital Photography
The Book of Digital Photography
by Chris George
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for a novice, 26 Aug. 2013
This is a great book to understand how everything works, from the camera itself, to how to do the things you can do with it. As a beginner I found it a great source of reference, coming back to it again and again.

Shantaram
Shantaram

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking read, 11 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Shantaram (Kindle Edition)
I borrowed a copy of this book, on the reccomendation of the lender that it was"a good read". Well,I think that was an understatement. From reading the first page, I could not put it down, I devoured the book, desperate to find out what happened to the hero. Once finished, I immediately started to read it again, this time to enjoy the style of the writer, something that I have never done before. Initially believing it to be a true story, I was fascinated by the authors immersion in the Mumbai underworld and slum life in general. His graphic descriptions of the squalor of the slums, countered by he heartwarming stories of the people, made me want to visit India and experience it myself. Although I now believe the story to be "based" on his experience, it has not dimmed my enthusiasm for the story. I reluctantlyreturned the book to its owner, then went out and purchased it myself. A cracking read, enjoyable, entertaining and with plenty to stimulate the greycells.

Pro 300M Wireless Shutter Remote Control Release fits Nikon D3100, D3200, D5000, D5100, D5300, D5200, D600, D7000, D7100, D90 DSLR as MC-DC2

5.0 out of 5 stars Straight out of the box, 29 Nov. 2012
Purchased this gadget after reading all the reviews and thought that for the price , even if it does not work it is worth a look.
However, took it out of the box, inserted the battery, after removing the cellophane wrapper,switched it on, (little switch by the cable entry point on the unit) and it worked straight away. No messing with switches or setting anything up, straight out of the box.
It even gives you the option of selecting a self timer relaease. Great piece of kit for the money. Works fine on my D3100.
Yes, there are no instructions, but to be honest, if you can use a DSLR,, you should be able to work this one out.
Great value and really useful.