Profile for Shaun > Reviews

Content by Shaun

Shaun

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
[Upgraded Version] Keynice ALL-IN-ONE LED touch Table Lamp with Bluetooth Wireless Speaker Night Alarm Clocks TF Card Hands-free For Music Gifts, Children Bedroom,Party and Outside Activities- White
Offered by Keynice EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple stylish light, the speaker works, could do a lot better as an alarm clock, 19 Aug. 2017
Firstly, I will say that I like this item although there is room for improvement. I primarily bought it to function as an alarm clock which plainly isn't its primary purpose. As a rechargeable bluetooth speaker all I can say is that it works and the sound is acceptable; I have made no test of the battery life. The card slot and AUX inputs both work to play music. I have not tested the handsfree bluetooth function.
As a lamp, it is attractive and the touch control works a treat. The first four touches provide increasing brightnesses of the basic soft light, the fifth provides a deep red light and the sixth a light that cycles through purple, red, pink, yellow/green, turquoise and blue. Given the range of the last setting this seems a bit of a waste of the other colours available and I would like to see a steady pure bright white light and the ability to choose a greater range of fixed colours i.e. green, blue, pink etc.
The clock seems to lose a couple of minutes a week which is not a problem as long as you're aware of it and can keep an eye on it. I can afford to lose a minute here and there but this is obviously an unattractive feature for a clock. I have only found one alarm tone which, although it is acceptable, is disappointing and the volume appears to be set. That said, it works and I wake up in the mornings. Other than the the light on/cycle/off touch control, all the other controls are under the base of the unit. Although I don't use it, I imagine the snooze function would ideally be in a position where you can activate it quickly and with a minimal of fumbling around.
My last real criticisms concerning the clock are that your head needs to be on the same level in order to read it properly; the clock face itself is set back from the edge of the unit so that when you look down on it the top edges of the numbers are obscured by the top edge of the recess (I don't know how to describe this any better; the clock face sits in a small cave). This is OK when I am lying in bed but not so great when I am sitting up. Furthermore, the brightness of the clock is not adjustable and I find it quite bright at night; so much so that I turn the clock face away from me when I need to sleep.
In summary, I really like the light (but it could be better), the speaker functions work but I can't recommend it if you're looking for anything more than a basic alarm clock. It looks lovely though; simple, clean and stylish (in my humble opinion).

The Tick
The Tick
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! This is the one, 27 Aug. 2016
This review is from: The Tick (Amazon Video)
This is awesome! I remember the animated series with great fondness and this brought it all back and to life excellently! It's a great and very promising start and I can't wait to see more.

VPN by Private Internet Access
VPN by Private Internet Access

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not connect, 13 Jun. 2016
I have a valid Private Internet Access account. I have apps that work on my macbook laptop and Samsung mobile phone. Unfortunately this app simply does not appear to work. It loads fine but will not connect. I am very disappointed as my kindle fire is the one device that I carry abroad and would be using this to connect to UK based services. A BIG drawback having paid for a year's subscription. Otherwise, the PIA service is generally very good. Shame. I'll be contacting the company to discuss the issue.

MiniSun BC B22 PIR Presence Motion Sensor Detector LED Light Bulb
MiniSun BC B22 PIR Presence Motion Sensor Detector LED Light Bulb
Offered by The Light Factory

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Jun. 2016
I have these in my hallways, utility room, bathroom and the cupboard under my stairs. A couple of them are over two years old. I used to have a couple in my kitchen (until it was remodelled and the builder nicked them). I wouldn't put them anywhere you'll be sitting still for a while as it's a pain waving your arms about trying to reactivate them but they are excellent in rooms where you visit for relatively short periods of time or where there is a lot of movement (particularly if you have kids who only know how to turn lights on). They have never failed me yet, highly recommended.

Bald Eagle Smart Electric Shaver
Bald Eagle Smart Electric Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Halves my shaving time for work, 2 Jun. 2016
I've been using this almost daily for a couple of weeks now with no problems; easy to use, easy to clean and easy to recharge. An electric shaver will never ever be as close as a wet shave with a blade (which I now save for the weekends) but this makes me presentable enough for work in half the time. I'm hoping the device will last a long time to make it really good value but I would recommend it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 6, 2017 4:11 PM BST

Fintie Fire 7 2015 SmartShell Case - Ultra Slim Lightweight Standing Cover for Amazon Fire 7 Tablet (will only fit Fire 7" Display 5th Generation - 2015 release), Black
Offered by Fintie EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but does not put my Fire to sleep, 2 Jun. 2016
I chose this case as I have a Fintie case for my paperwhite which is excellent. This case has pretty much lived up to my expectations; it is robust, well made and does not significantly increase the profile of my tablet. It looks good in black too. However, it does not put the tablet to sleep when I close it which is disappointing and for that I have dropped one star. If you can live with either pressing the power button before you close the case (which I can) or just letting the device send itself to sleep then I would recommend the case as good value.

Old Path White Clouds: The Life Story of the Buddha
Old Path White Clouds: The Life Story of the Buddha

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect introduction to the life of the Buddha and his message, 13 Nov. 2015
This is the book that introduced me to Buddhism and its basic messages. A great telling of the Buddha's life story, if a bit romanticised. It's a book that I treasure. Highly reommended.

The Miracle Of Mindfulness: The Classic Guide to Meditation by the World's Most Revered Master (Classic Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple, beautiful book that will benefit beginners and experienced practitioners, 13 Nov. 2015
I have read this twice now and I know I'll be coming back to it; simple and beautifully written, it's messages and instructions are a good step towards and more peaceful, happier existence. Highly recommended.

Sitting Desktop Buddha - Ornament/Statue
Sitting Desktop Buddha - Ornament/Statue
Offered by Round Wood Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect desktop Buddha, 13 Nov. 2015
This little guy sits on my desk at work and reminds me of the inner calm of meditation even when things are getting hectic.

Ovalbuy Tibetan Buddhist 12mm Wood Beads Fo Buddha Mala Meditation Wrist Bracelet
Offered by Ovalbuy-Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 13 Nov. 2015
This is now my favourite bracelet! It's beautiful and makes a fine 'buddhist rosary' (I use it to count my breathes during brief mindfulness breaks at work) or just a nice thing to carry on your wrist. I'm amazed at the number of conversations I've had with complete strangers about Buddhism just from wearing it. In this way it has helped me and others learn and move towards a closer understanding.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5