Profile for Joseph Stalin > Reviews

Content by Joseph Stalin

Joseph Stalin "Icewarrior" (N E England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Roberts CHRONODAB DAB/FM Digital Alarm Clock Radio with Instant Time Set
Roberts CHRONODAB DAB/FM Digital Alarm Clock Radio with Instant Time Set

5.0 out of 5 stars It was so easily set up and auto tunes the stations and the ..., 2 Jun. 2017
I bought this for my elderly mother who likes to listen to the radio in bed. It was so easily set up and auto tunes the stations and the time. The DAB setting brings in the stations with great clarity [haven't tried FM ]. She loves this radio and I recommend it.

BIRTHDAY PAINTING GOTHIC FOREST CROWS ART GREETINGS GREETING CARD GIFT CP1743
BIRTHDAY PAINTING GOTHIC FOREST CROWS ART GREETINGS GREETING CARD GIFT CP1743
Offered by Fine Art Print UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great crow card, 2 Jun. 2017
really nice card - the recipient loved it

Pharmedics Anti Slip Outdoor Half Step Elderly Disability Door Walking Aid 10cm
Pharmedics Anti Slip Outdoor Half Step Elderly Disability Door Walking Aid 10cm
Offered by E4 Emporium

1.0 out of 5 stars UNSAFE PRODUCT . . . do not buy, 2 Jun. 2017
I bought this 18 months ago for my mother who is elderly. For several weeks now an occasional loud cracking noise could be heard when it was stepped upon. Today a large portion of the centre of the step snapped and left a hole about 3 inches around in the supporting top. This is now for the trash as it will be out of warranty and it is VERY UNSAFE especially for an elderly person. If you value your ankles etc please do NOT buy this unsafe product!

Silverline 395010 Drain Unblocker 6 m x 6 mm Diameter
Silverline 395010 Drain Unblocker 6 m x 6 mm Diameter

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Dec. 2016
Absolute bloody rubbish - do NOT waste your money!

ASUS ESSENCE ONE MK II USB DAC MUSES Headphone Amplifier - Silver
ASUS ESSENCE ONE MK II USB DAC MUSES Headphone Amplifier - Silver
Offered by Audio Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Never knew it could sound this good on a 'puter, 28 Nov. 2016
First of all - the image of the item is wrong: it shows Essence one NOT the mk2 muses edition . . . however I did receive the Asus essence one mk 2 MUSES as ordered.
Do I like it . . . HELL YES!
It is HEAVY and it feels solid and of very high quality and the volume knobs are silky smooth and the buttons are reassuringly positive in action [hmmm . . . that's far too many "ands" in one sentence].
The are plenty of input and output choices - I have mine hooked up to my computer and nice Sennheiser headphones [HD-599 - to be further upgraded next year]
The sound . . . well I couldn't get it to work - until I carefully read the instructions for installing the driver. I re-read the instructions and there it was - switch the Dac on before installing the driver. That done correctly it worked.
OK well the sound - wonderful over the full range, crisp and well defined and the soundstage is there rock solid and highly detailed.
I listen to all kinds of music [via Foobar2000 and mp3/FLAC stored on a fast internal drive and various data sticks] and everything sounds so much better/clearer/more detailed etc etc [this is NOT an audiophile review as you have already discovered ^_^ ].
I also play Guild Wars 2 and the soundstage [which was already good] is now outstanding . . . yes I know it is a SIN to play a game through this Dac but there you are, I do and it is good. I also play Gregorian and Nox Arcana [great music] as well as all kinds of other music - female vocals are wonderful through this.

Anyway enough of my babbling - if you can persuade yourself to cough up the cash [it is quite pricey] just go and buy it - your ears will love you for it

Winter's Majesty
Winter's Majesty

5.0 out of 5 stars Best NA Winter/Christmas album to date and counting, 26 Nov. 2016
This review is from: Winter's Majesty (MP3 Download)
First off - if you listen to the cd OFF the computer ie in Hi-Fi at home etc then fine . . .
If you listen to it ripped onto your computer then do it the courtesy of ripping to FLAC if you can - it is worth it!

Like all of Nox Arcana it is suitably Gothic [ I do not mean this as narrowing its appeal] and richly multi-layered and you can absolutely lose yourself in the music. This album is not as dark as much of NA's work but this is not the "jingle bells" light Christmas fare - just great, rich music to enjoy at any time. Imagine the storytelling of great cinema; the music of TSO/Gregorian mixed with great darker themes . . . does any of this burble make sense - perhaps not but well - just buy it and listen [then go and buy a lot more of their music ^_^ ]

The cd has a great soundstage and a lot of deep rumbling bass - I always listen on headphones and for me the music is wonderful - storytelling done well.

Logitech G600 MMO USB Gaming Mouse - Black
Logitech G600 MMO USB Gaming Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I have to say that I really like all of the Logitech products I have had but ..., 16 Feb. 2016
I have to say that I really like all of the Logitech products I have had but this mouse is my favourite.
I only really play one game, Guild Wars 2 so that is all I can talk about with any authority but this MMO mouse transformed my game so much for the better and quicker.
You can program the twelve buttons on the side for use with your [right] thumb . . . it took me a few hours of play until it became automatic to use the correct thumb button instead of reaching for the key on the keyboard . . . and taking my fingers away from WASD.
It really speeds up my response time and my kill-rate soared as soon as I got to grips with the mouse [a couple of days of play]

Anything else? Ah yes, it is comfortable to use and you can change the lighting with the software as well as tailoring the speed etc. The speed can by changed on the fly so you can go from chasing someone to precise shots in a button press.

Two points for me . . . this is my second of these mice, the first one wore out in just over 3 years of very hard play so I'm not too unhappy about it and I would like the buttons to be just a touch larger, I don't have huge fingers so if you do then think about the size of the buttons.

Arizer Air Portable Vaporiser - Black
Arizer Air Portable Vaporiser - Black
Offered by Medosarmi

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh AIR, 16 Feb. 2016
I already had the Arizer Solo which is a lovely piece of equipment but which cannot be used whilst re-charging the battery.
Not so the Arizer Air - it has a removable rechargeable battery which [if you buy spares] can be exchanged for a fully charged one. To be able to do this you need to buy separately a battery charger and spare battery. [Google Arizer Air accessories ]
The Air is about 1/4 inch taller than the Solo and about half the diameter which makes it very small and inconspicuous.
It is very well made, gives excellent vapour and if you do not want to buy spare batteries then it re-charges via a small socket on the back and it can be used whilst charging.
Is it a worthwhile upgrade from the Solo? It certainly is and if you don't already have a portable vape then this one should be at the top of you list.

Mpow 2 in 1 Clip-On 180 Degree Supreme Fisheye Lens with 10X Macro Lens for All 37mm Diameter Thread Professional Cameras and Smart Phones
Offered by Patox

5.0 out of 5 stars but I need not have worried as the quality is very good. It is easy to use, 16 Feb. 2016
I was unsure as to the quality of the result until the lens arrived . . . but I need not have worried as the quality is very good.
It is easy to use . . . just screw the lens onto the clip and clip it over the camera phone lens; then you have the choice of using it as a fisheye lens [which works well and gives good results] or unscrew the outer part and you are left with a very nice macro lens which does get you very close and gives good results as long as you keep very still.
This will work well with any phone which has its camera lens near to the edge of the phone.
You do get a circular image with the fish eye part.

Be aware that although this lens is good quality it cannot give better image definition than the original phone lens.

Joe Browns Men's British Tour Hoody Long Sleeve Jumper, Red, XX-Large (Manufacturer Size:48/50)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice hoodie as always from Joe Browns - soft, 16 Feb. 2016
Very nice hoodie as always from Joe Browns - soft, warm and in the sale it was half price ^_^

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5