Profile for Chief Wansum Tail > Reviews

Content by Chief Wansum Tail

Chief Wansum Tail

Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)
Doctor Sleep: Shining Book 2 (The Shining)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable!, 13 Oct. 2013
This is an excellent sequel to The Shining, although if you haven't read that already I would recommend doing so first to understand the characters that appear. The story is well paced and I particularly like the way that the "hero" of the piece is a flawed and not always very likeable individual, who doesn't always do the right thing.
I would've liked more background histories on the individual members of the True Knot, perhaps this is a different book in the making - or possibly a comic book series.
My only quibble ( and its a small one) is the relationship between Danny and Abra that is exposed - I felt it was a little contrived and not really necessary, although I suppose it does explain her talents.....I'm trying not to put in a spoiler here!
All in all Doctor Sleep is a really good read and will satisfy faithful SK fans and no doubt win him a shed load of new ones....recommended - especially if you like John Saul and Robert McCammon etc as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 18, 2014 11:58 PM BST

Black Lord's Prayer Cross Halo Ring Pendant In English Scripture with 24" Curb Chain from RAPID SPIRIT. No God - No Peace. Know God - Know Peace!
Offered by Jewellery4u

5.0 out of 5 stars Divine !!, 12 April 2013
Super quick delivery - arrived overseas through BFPO in less than a week.
The cross itself is beautiful and solid, the engraving is well done and though the font is VERY small it is still legible - had lots of compliments on it too !!
I was looking for something that wasn't too dainty, not too gaudy, not too bulky and also stylish; this is perfect and I'm very happy with it.

St. Christopher Patron Saint of Travelers(stainless steel) -Pendant Necklace
St. Christopher Patron Saint of Travelers(stainless steel) -Pendant Necklace

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 12 April 2013
First off I'd like to say that the item arrived much quicker than I thought it would - Delivery estimate is between 7-16 working days and mine arrived within the week and that's including redirection through BFPO mail.

As for the necklace. I was looking for something a little different to the usual round shaped St Christopher and had been having difficulty in finding any at all in nearby shops so headed here to Amazon. I was a little worried that it might be a bit 'blokey', but once on I'd say that it is easily unisex in style.
The tag itself is a good weighty product of relatively large size and instantly noticeable. The image on the front and the prayer on the reverse are both beautifully etched - the writing is clear and easily readable. The chain seems sturdy enough so far and can be adjusted to the length you prefer; I like the full length as it means I can wear the necklace discretely under clothes if I wish/need to.

Very happy with this product and would thoroughly recommend this to anyone looking for a St Christopher =)

Sector 5: The Battle For Earth
Sector 5: The Battle For Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable short story, 29 Mar. 2013
As a video gaming loner myself the synopsis of this short story spoke to me - and in my opinion, all in all a very enjoyable little book. Once I started I was hooked and couldn't put it down (even in work !!) The story flows at a good pace with little 'filler', the action sequences (and events, persons, book in general etc) are well described, and being in a similar situation to the gamers I can relate to their preference for virtual reality over real-life =D Doesn't take long to finish, but I'd rather a book that keeps moving and that wraps up all threads neatly than a rambling epic that goes nowhere fast. I would recommend this book to those who are interested in gaming, a bit of sci-fi, anyone looking for something fun and non time consuming to pick up and read, and anyone who likes a bit of drama with clear cut good guys and bad guys. Glad I picked this up =)

Family Values
Family Values
by Wendy Cope

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull and childish, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Family Values (Paperback)
This book reads like a collection of poetry by a primary school class; remember to follow Poetry Writing 101 - repeat a line or two, be make sure that every pair ends in rhyme, if your syllables don't match up then stick in an unnecessary adjective to make the line fit the flow etc.

2 stars in case it turns out she's just 12 ;)
Otherwise you may as well ask a child to write you a poem and you'll come up with something of similar reading, though likely less maudlin.

Addicted To Bass 2012
Addicted To Bass 2012
Offered by Media Vortex

4.0 out of 5 stars Usual fare, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Addicted To Bass 2012 (Audio CD)
I understand where some of the reviews are coming from in regards to the amount of dubstep on these CDs, but I have to say overall I love all 3 discs. Of course there are a couple of tracks I'm not keen on (and the wub wub wahhh can start to grate after a while) but these are CDs that I'm happy to put in, press play and let the whole thing go on without wanting to skip any tracks. Some of these tracks may be 'classics' but for a nice change it's not full of repeats of songs I have on other MoS albums, or any other compilation for that matter. Good mix of slower stuff and heavy bass, and all manner of genres. Very pleased and at only £8, definitely no reason to complain.
If you're happy with previous Addicted to Bass, or this type of music, then it's worth getting this too imo =)

Sony PS3 500GB Super Slim Console (PS3)
Sony PS3 500GB Super Slim Console (PS3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Slim Super Machine !!, 27 Nov. 2012
Bought this for three reasons:

1. Fear of the YLOD killing my ol' phat PS3 and losing everything
2. Plenty of storage space for those of us who don't know how to change the hard-drive
3. Was gonna get the 320GB, but this was only £20 dearer for so much more

Can't say that I've got anything negative to say about it so far. Unlike other reviewers I haven't found the fan, disc tray or machine noisy at all - especially when playing, it's practically silent under the game. I also haven't had any problem with the top loading disc tray, and the requirement of a wider shelf is a bit of an exaggeration imo as my console is on an under TV shelf and there is still plenty of room to put in, and remove, games. Controllers as before are wireless and rechargeable. The console looks sleek, but like my ol' shiny phat it sure is a dust magnet !!

Main downside ? That I didn't wait two week and buy the 500GB with Assassin's Creed 3 for just £20 more !!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 19, 2014 12:03 AM BST