Profile for GS > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser
Kenwood BM450 Bread Maker with Ingredients Dispenser

2.0 out of 5 stars It blew up after a year and a half!, 1 Mar. 2016
It has been great to make my own bread. You can control the salt and sugar that goes in it (supermarket long life breads are full of salt) and it is great to have the option to add as many nuts as you want (I like nuts). But I have often had trouble with loaves being uneven, the paddle getting stuck and tearing through half of the loaf, the bread being dense (and stodgy). Nonetheless, the benefits of homemade bread outweighed these small problems. Until the bread maker blew up, that is. The top lid is made of hardened glass which blew up into little glass shards spread throughout the kitchen. Thankfully, this happened when we were not in the kitchen rather than one of those times when you are staring at the glass window in anticipation of your fresh loaf (and, who knew, potential glass shards in your eyes). All this taken into consideration, I am going to buy another breadmaker but avoid Kenwood and any fancy 'glassy' designs.

Lowepro Nova 180 AW Shoulder Bag - Black
Lowepro Nova 180 AW Shoulder Bag - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great functional bag; beware of the size, 7 Mar. 2013
This is a high quality product that has been very good for carrying and storing all my camera equipment (dslr, three lenses, charger, leads, etc). It has a sturdy comfortable strap, side pockets for putting away stuff easily, and a waterproof protective pouch. It has been great at protecting all equipment when placed in checked-in bags.
Beware of the size of the bag though. It is rather large for carrying whilst walking around, and it can add significant weight to your luggage. For example, for easyjet style carry-on luggage, it takes up at least half of your carry-on suitcase.

Hoya 58mm HD Digital Circular Polarizing Screw-in Filter
Hoya 58mm HD Digital Circular Polarizing Screw-in Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for any camera, 7 Mar. 2013
This poly-filter makes a great difference to photographing sunny landscapes (beaches, water, mountains) enhancing blues and greens. it also adds a lot to micro photography, crisping up the colours without further post-editing needed.
Very easy to thread on and off, on top of other filters already on the camera.
My only concern is that the thread on the sides is showing signs of chipping. I am sure this is normal, though, and am confident the filter will last at least as long as lens (tens and tens of years) if not longer.

Hoya 52 mm HMC Haze UV Screw-in Filter
Hoya 52 mm HMC Haze UV Screw-in Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, realiable, 7 Mar. 2013
This filter is very good at protecting my camera lens. On several occasions, when someone has swung their watch at my camera, or I have pushed the camera into a door, the lens takes all the pressure and has not scratched or changed at all.
Very easy to thread on and off, and easy to have other filters screwed on top of it.
My only concern is that the thread on the sides is showing signs of chipping. I am sure this is normal, though, but am confident the filter will last at least as long as lens (tens and tens of years) if not longer.

Hoya 58mm HMC Haze UV Filter
Hoya 58mm HMC Haze UV Filter

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, reliable, 7 Mar. 2013
All in all, a reliable good quality product.

Ex-Pro® Professional Blower Cleaning Tool for Digital Cameras, Camcorders & SLR Lens
Offered by ExpressPro

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely smelly and non-functional. Had to throw it away, 7 Mar. 2013
I got this air pump to use with my new DSLR, but it was so smelly and did not particularly blow any dust flakes away, that I had to throw it away (the faff of returning was not worth the price). The smell is due to the gulvanised rubber used for these sort of products. I have resolved to just using the small clear plastic bottles sold in Jessops (now gone) for a few pounds.

Our Version of Events [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Our Version of Events [Special Edition: Bonus Tracks]
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes the day better, 7 Mar. 2013
Love her music and her voice. Every song in this album sounded familiar when I first played it. I listen to it constantly on my long train journeys to and from work and i find it very relaxing and enjoyable. the special edition is definitely better than the first launched CD

Couples Retreat [DVD]
Couples Retreat [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vince Vaughn
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Couples Retreat [DVD] (DVD)
I got this as a great fan of "Forgetting Sarah Marshall". It is not as good. More of a girly movie, rather than to watch as couple. Once you have seen it once, you have seen it enough times.

Tango And Cash [DVD] [1989]
Tango And Cash [DVD] [1989]
Dvd ~ Sylvester Stallone

5.0 out of 5 stars Must-have classic, 7 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Tango And Cash [DVD] [1989] (DVD)
For all those nostalgic of 1990's great action films, this is Stalone at his best. Go and get it and enjoy.

Limoncello and Linen Water
Limoncello and Linen Water
by Tessa Kiros

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 7 Mar. 2013
This is a book to have and cherish for many years. I love her style, the recipes are inspiring, and the publication is of great quality. it makes a great coffee table book for all those in love with all things Italian. I would highly recommend it as a present for food and drink lovers.

Page: 1 | 2