Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Taliesin_ttlg > Reviews

Content by Taliesin_ttlg

Taliesin_ttlg (Lancashire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Rii RK400 Large Size 7 Color LED Backlit Keyboard Mouse Combo Bundle UK Layout Black
Offered by Uxpressbuying

4.0 out of 5 stars colourful, 8 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
At the price I was not expecting the world from this Mouse and Keyboard combination. To be honest what drew me where the pretty lights. The keyboard is back-lit but, rather than the uniform blue of my previous keyboard, this has a charming and groovy rainbow light – the colours are static.

I mention this because the mouse is also rainbow lit, but the lights cycle, which is very groovy – well small things, and all that…

The keyboard is programmable – to be honest that is not a function I ever use. I only care if the keys are solid, the design ergonomically comfortable to use and thus I can bash out some word processing or mash some keys on a game with confidence and it does all this.

Things are not quite as good with the mouse. The mouse is a good large size and ergonomically pleasing. There is a central wheel that doubles as a button and a dpi button. However it doesn’t actually show you the dpi you’re setting it to (ok, minor, but nonetheless that is a feature I’m used to. The plastic between wheel and dpi button is slightly raised and coarse and therefore there is some degree of finger catch when fast scrolling.

The worst aspect of the mouse is the lack of thumb buttons, which is limiting from a gaming perspective – although, of course, I could always get a gaming mouse but not the point really. I’d have lengthened the mouse cable just a little more, had I designed it.

Nevertheless, for the price this is a solid set and by eck, it looks pretty.

Braun Ear and Nose Trimmer EN10 (Precise and Safe, Ear and Nose Hair Removal)
Braun Ear and Nose Trimmer EN10 (Precise and Safe, Ear and Nose Hair Removal)
Offered by BestBuyUk

4.0 out of 5 stars An unfortunate necessity – a good little unit, 8 April 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It is unfortunate as the years creep onwards that there occurs a similar creeping encroachment of hairs from both the nostril and also the ears. The latter can be really stubborn little sods as well.

I picked this trimmer from the vine lists and, you know what, it does exactly what it should do. Rather than a chargeable cell it takes a battery (which comes with the unit). It is water resistant to allow you to clean it once you’ve shoved it up a nostril but, more importantly, it efficiently took care of the hairs of both nostril and ear with absolutely no pain.

zora la vampira dvd Italian Import
zora la vampira dvd Italian Import
Dvd ~ carlo verdone
Offered by VECOSELL

2.0 out of 5 stars Lack of English subtitles - buyer beware, 1 Mar. 2017
When the listing (and the case) promises English subtitles it is disappointing to get a disc that has absolutely no English subtitles.

This, of course, is not the sellers fault (it is Amazon's listing) nor is my score for the quality of the film. However buyers must beware regarding the disc (I'll keep it in my vampire collection) and a search has revealed no fan subs that might be used with the disc. Disappointing

Garnier Pure Active Sensitive Moisturiser
Garnier Pure Active Sensitive Moisturiser

5.0 out of 5 stars a good budget moisturiser, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This moisturiser is a good budget moisturiser that is designed for more sensitive skin. I found it hydrates well and absorbs well also. I tend to get dry skin to the sides of my nose and this quickly hydrated and stopped any flakiness. Recommended.

AmazonBasics 7- to 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, and Credit Card Shredder
AmazonBasics 7- to 8-Sheet Cross-Cut Paper, and Credit Card Shredder

4.0 out of 5 stars For home use only, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This shredder is very much for home. It recommends 7 or 8 sheets at a time and that is not fit for office purpose.

I did hit a snag when testing – a document that should have been thin enough was quickly revealed to be too much for the machine. This led me to notice a couple of things. Firstly the reverse wasn’t brilliant and it took some effort to remove the document. Then the shredder ceased working (the shredder detects paper in its aperture and starts shredding - the machine at this point wouldn't detect or, therefore, shred). However I have witnessed a shredder do similar as it had overheated and having left this for 10-15 minutes it sprang back into life and shredded everything else, in a large pile of documents), with no issue. There is an overheat light on this unit but it hadn’t lit up.

I also tested it with an old bank card and it shredded it just fine.

As a basic unit this is bob on.

Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "From Your Son" - Medium
Hallmark Mum Mother's Day Card "From Your Son" - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars Always bet on Comedy, 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A comedy mother’s day card that – at the time of me writing and posting this review suggests will be dispatched within 2-4 weeks of purchase – so something for the organised.

I’m a bit of a grouch when it comes to greetings cards. Good at Christmas or birthdays if you are giving a nephew or niece some cash and want a themed “cash holder”, otherwise they are a bit of a waste of money actually – something I don’t overly feel bothered about receiving, feel it’s a waste giving and generally think the additional holidays (mothers, fathers, Valentines etc) are a bit of a money spinning scam. However, I also recognise that many folks do like to give and receive cards so my review puts myself in their boots.

That said I’d never be able to bring myself to send a floral, pretty card – so it would always have to be a comedy card and for my mother this would fit the bill. Not offensive in any way and (having grown up through the 70s and done a lot of stupid things as a kid) absolutely true – at least for the stupid thing she (and friends’ mothers) found out about.

BLACK+DECKER 18 V Lithium-Ion Smart Tech Drill Driver with Kit Box
BLACK+DECKER 18 V Lithium-Ion Smart Tech Drill Driver with Kit Box

4.0 out of 5 stars I’m a sucker for a good gadget gimmick., 19 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a cordless drill which fits nicely to the battery pack. Probably what sets this aside is the smart capability.

The battery pack has Bluetooth and you can download a Black and Decker app and pair the tool (and others in the smart range) to your phone (as far as I can tell only Android and Apple OS). The App allows you to remotely switch the tool’s Bluetooth on, locate the tool (it emits a beep, this isn’t on screen gps tracking) and check the battery level of the tool. Is it a gimmick? I guess it is to a degree but I’m a sucker for a good gadget gimmick.

Once removed from the battery there is a usb port in the battery pack that allows emergency charging of your phone.

The drill is in a sturdy carry box and comes with a double ended screwdriver bit that has a flat and Phillips end. However what was lacking, in my opinion, was a bit set. Performance wise it is what you would expect from a quality tool manufacturer, coupled with it being small and light, again a positive depending on your needs.

Elemis Treasures of the Sea Gift Set
Elemis Treasures of the Sea Gift Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Felt it was ok - perhaps worth more if the product suits your skin type, 5 Feb. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My wife tested this product and the set comes in a vanity case that is good quality and looks nice, though perhaps a tad bulky for travel – especially when travelling light.

The case contains three products all were of a quality that meant a little went a long way. However the products did sting a little as she used them.

The face mask is a simple apply, leave 10 minutes rinse, however it left a light residue that whilst nourishing did not lead to feeling clean. The fact that the day cream could be used so sparingly meant that it could be applied to the décolletage without feeling wasteful. However, both the day cream and eye treatment felt greasy – fine if one has dry skin but not so much if unneeded – and she suggested that something like Oil of Olay feels nicer on the skin.

Ultimately it seems that the products inside where just not right for her but she felt they were ok.

Canon PIXMA TS5050 All-In-One Inkjet Printer - Black
Canon PIXMA TS5050 All-In-One Inkjet Printer - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice feed system and good quality prints and scans, 5 Jan. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This printer scanner scans well and the printing is crisp and clear. It carries separate ink cartridges and has a nice feed system that (so far) has defied paper feed woes. Indeed, when you switch the machine on, if your paper has shifted the printer has you electronically register the paper type again – another feature to help prevent mis-feeds.

However the one thing that I did dislike was connecting this to PC via the wi-fi. In short (on a Windows 10, 64-bit machine) it failed entirely – despite following the instructions precisely (the software is, in fact, intuitive but my machine just wouldn’t pick the darn thing up). Now, quite honestly, I didn’t want to have to hard wire the printer to the computer (mainly because I’d have had to dig a cable out). However, downloading the app to my phone and logging the printer on my router that way did work (and, quickly and intuitively). Once that was done the machine picked it up straight away – but the PC should have been able to do this.

That is a minor quibble, in reality – I’ve had no issue with the machine since and like the fact that I can print directly from an SD card if I choose. The printer came with a small pack of canon photo paper.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2017 7:07 AM BST

Wahl Super Trim
Wahl Super Trim

4.0 out of 5 stars Ergonomically nice and lightweight trimmer, 18 Dec. 2016
This review is from: Wahl Super Trim (Misc.)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great little trimmer for fine work on pets, and quiet enough that we found it useful for gently removing the occasional matts. The charge is roughly an hour and a half but as it is being used for fine trimming between professional grooming that’s more than plenty. It is ergonomically well built, lightweight and has five settings.

Not really for a full groom, and really not for double coated dogs/pets but a decent unit for what it is designed for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14