Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (North Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Being Enough (The Greek Village Collection Book 17)
Being Enough (The Greek Village Collection Book 17)

5.0 out of 5 stars Being Enough, 16 Mar. 2016
I love this series of The Greek Village Series. I have read every so ngle one, and look forward eagerly to the next. I am never disappointed. Reading these stories and about the people in them is like meeting up with old and dear friends!

An Eye For An Eye
An Eye For An Eye

5.0 out of 5 stars not like Maureen Lee that I know and love at all, 16 Nov. 2015
This review is from: An Eye For An Eye (Kindle Edition)
I wasn't too sure about this story at first; not like Maureen Lee that I know and love at all . . . BUT! I soon changed my mind! I have thoroughly enjoyed this book, and I would urge all Maureen Lee fans to read it and do it soon. You will not be disappointed !!!

Go Set a Watchman
Go Set a Watchman

5.0 out of 5 stars Go Set A Watchman, 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Go Set a Watchman (Kindle Edition)
excellent! How could it not be?
It is just Scout, now grown up and has become Jean Louise at last, "coming of age" in this companion story to the ever glorious "To Kill a Mockingbird".
I enjoyed this book enormously and NO! I don't think Attics was racist at all, he spoke as he perceived the wider society of Alabama in the 1930's and this upset Scout who had been living in New York away from these attitudes, and this comes as a revelation to her.

The Kelly Sisters
The Kelly Sisters

5.0 out of 5 stars a pre-order it in anticipation of a good read! This latest one was enjoyable and up ..., 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: The Kelly Sisters (Kindle Edition)
I have read every single one of Maureen lee's books and I am always eager to read the next one she publishes, a pre-order it in anticipation of a good read!
This latest one was enjoyable and up to her usual standard, but I did think the illustration of the cover was mis-leading, and also I found some pof the plot a little bit too far fetched for Maureen Lee's usual "down-to-earth" , story telling. However, I await the next book in equally eager anticipation!

Us
Us

5.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoyed this! Much more even, 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Us (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this! Much more even, than "One Day"

The Uses of Literacy: Aspects of Working-Class Life (Penguin Modern Classics)
The Uses of Literacy: Aspects of Working-Class Life (Penguin Modern Classics)

5.0 out of 5 stars I found it useful then and even entertaining, 12 Sept. 2015
I read this when I was 16. I found it useful then and even entertaining. Now, ( in what seems like Centuries later), I still find this book relevant and objective and accurate piece of observation.

Ex-Pat
Ex-Pat

5.0 out of 5 stars Ex-Pat, 12 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Ex-Pat (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this short story immensely!
Not great literature, but it was a most entertaining and sometimes shocking story. The central character in a most unlovely, unlovable and perfectly detestable character, but somehow he is believable and engaging. I wouldn't want to meet him on a dark night though!
A very good read!

The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)
The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Silkworm, 15 April 2015
This sort of story is not really my sort of genre, but I enjoyed both this story and the previous book, "A Cuckoo's Calling".

She Wore Only White
She Wore Only White

1.0 out of 5 stars She wore only white, 15 April 2015
don't bother!

Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty
Black Diamonds: The Rise and Fall of an English Dynasty

5.0 out of 5 stars Black Diamonds, 15 April 2015
This was a really interesting and intriguing story, which I thoroughly enjoyed and would recommend to anyone interested in history , especially in the north of England.
I now need to visit Wentworth Woodhouse myself