Profile for Mr. Steven Julien > Reviews

Content by Mr. Steven Julien

Mr. Steven Julien "Author of 'HOUSE SHARE HERO'" (Hometimebooks.co.uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Beats by Dre High Definition In-Ear Headphones - Black (Non-Retail Packaging)
Beats by Dre High Definition In-Ear Headphones - Black (Non-Retail Packaging)
Offered by Onogo

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a quality product., 6 May 2016
Sound quality is no better than a £10-15 pair pair from Amazon.
Stopped working after a month.

Shaun T's FOCUS T25 DVD Workout Programme
Shaun T's FOCUS T25 DVD Workout Programme
Offered by Beachbody

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but slightly flawed, 14 Nov. 2013
On the whole, this is another excellent BeachBody Product.

I've done P90X, Insanity and T25 and if you're having a hard time deciding which one to buy then I would say work out your fitness level on a scale of 1-10 (with 5/6 being average).

If you're a 4 or above, have plenty of time, money for extra equipment and like weight training over CV then p90X. (You will need a pull up bar and ideally fast change/adjustable dumbbells)

If you're a 7 or above, like being blinded by your own sweat and collapsing in heaps, do Insanity. The title says it all and you probably won't finish it unless you are fit to start with and/or very very dedicated.

If you're a 3 or above, short on time/concentration or get bored easily then T25 is for you. (And it's also a great lead in to Insanity later)

It's important to note that although the adverts say 25 mins 5 days a week. On four days per week, they stretch to 30 mins once you had to get through the disclaimers and the warm down at the end.

On the 5th day, you're asked to do a double workout so that's around 55 mins all in.

I chose to do just do one work out 5 days a week and add the extra workouts to the end of week 5.

You can also just do this one over the weekend.

The Alpha stage is excellent and keeps you interested and sweating all the way through and if like me, you have `Dad knees' or get out of puff quick the then modifications on this dvd are the best of the three. (its post baby Tanya from Insanity doing them)

The Beta stage, although also good and harder, let the programme down.

Yes the workouts are harder but I found myself sweating much less as the moves are far more complicated and hard to master.
By the time I got the hand of something, Shaun T had moved on to something else.

As a result, I got much more of a workout from Alpha than I did Beta and after a couple of weeks into Beta, switched back to Alpha and added 20 mins of P90x resistance training after most workouts.

Overall, A very good product and a great way to get fit!

I'm very pleased with the results, I'm 40 years old and would say If I was lined up with 99 other folks my age, I would be in the top 10 for health and fitness.

Remember, you can't out train a poor diet and unless you're an athlete, I think the whole Shakeology thing is a Multi-Level Marketing scam as most people just need to eat a bit more lean protein, less processed foods and more fruit and veg.

If you're still dilly dallying, just order it, it's got a money back guarantee from Amazon anyway and will work if you use it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2014 2:46 AM GMT

Renting HMOs SUSSED: 100 Pages of Personal Experience
Renting HMOs SUSSED: 100 Pages of Personal Experience
by Hmo Landlady

4.0 out of 5 stars Its not all easy money!, 13 Aug. 2013
As a landlord with over 100 renters (80+ in House shares), I was really pleased to read a book that is not just full of hype.
For many novice landlords, they are sold the dream of buy a big house, get as many rooms as you can out of it and just sit back while the money rolls in.
The HMO landlady gives a good insight as to what it will be like for most people entering the world of HMO's.
This book is about the `experience' of being a landlord and is not a manual and that's why it makes a refreshing change and should be part of your learning.
I'm a professional landlord and personally manage every single one of my properties and find with the right systems, on a busy week I work 3-4 hours a day, 4-5 days per week.
The HMO landlady has a more hands on approach which may be more time consuming and harder work but she uses this as her USP which is the reason why (I believe) she is very good at it.
If you're thinking of getting into HMO's, and it isn't for everybody, then it's well worth a read.

EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches
by Dave Ramsey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great business from a great leader!, 26 Sept. 2011
This is probably going to be one of the most relevant business books of this decade.
I'm a big fan of Dave's other books `Financial Peace' and `Total money makeover' and as a (Successful) small business owner, I was very pleased to hear that this book was coming out.
Dave's common sense approach to business is surprisingly refreshing and his no nonsense approach of `Work hard and smart' is imbedded throughout this book.
As Dave is not particularly subtle, his straight to the point writing style means you don't have to read a load of fluff to get to the point of each lesson he is giving.
My business runs well, which is mainly because I study business and success every day. I still got a wealth of information and `tweaks' that I have already introduced or will be introducing to my business to make my customers even more happier (input) giving me the side effect of more income and work satisfaction. (output)
Dave also does a brilliant job of quoting (concisely) some of the best points from the greatest business books of the last 30 years which has been a great re cap for me and also a pointer as to which books to read next.
If you have a business, want to do better in your J.O.B. or like me are work on your own and outsource all your help, I agree with Dave that quite often employees will `turn up late, leave early and steal while their there (I know I did when I had a job!) then you will find this book worth infinitely more that the purchase price.
Great work Dave!

50 Money-Saving Tips For Every Landlord : A Practical Guide to Maintaining Short-Term Rental Properties
by Mike McLean

1.0 out of 5 stars By far the most bizarre property book I have ever read!, 8 Nov. 2010
I've been a landlord since 1997 and have over 90 rental places, which I look after myself.

When I saw the pre release for this book, I reserved it straight away as even the smallest savings per unit can add up to a fair amount of money overall.

I constantly read books on property, investing, personal development and this is the first one in the last 10 years that I've got absolutely nothing from.
It's also the first book i've considered writing a negative review for.

I would say that the vast majority of the books i've read will add value to me and my business and the rest reinforce what I already know or have learnt.

Of the 50 tips in this book, I didn't find one of any use and here are some of the high lights:

Tip 10 - Don't spoil good tenants (as it will cost money).

Tip 13 - Don't open the door (Because the author knows someone who was doing up a house, did just that and got punched in the face)

Tip 15 - Always have someone foot your ladder (No clever metaphor here but the landlord did know someone who didn't and a mugger came along, kicked it away and robbed him!)

Tip 18 - Never use a `For rent' sign (Apparently an open invitation to get burgled)

Tip 30 - If the flooring is ok when you buy a house; leave it alone (I'm not sure of anyone who would struggle with that concept and feel they needed it as a great tip)

Tip 33 - Use large Rollers (As they will hold more paint so you will be done quicker)

Tip 41 - Do not let tenants use the garage (Just in case they use it for something other than a car)

And my favourite!

Tip 43 - Cover up Windows with plywood (So you have less to fix and maintain!)

Priceless!

Rehau Pulse Sprinkler
Rehau Pulse Sprinkler
Offered by Canvas Discount

2.0 out of 5 stars Look great, work ok, 7 Jun. 2010
This item looks great and when it works is very good.
I bought 4 for a large lawn of which 2 worked well on rotation and the others kept getting stuck.
Its also hard to get 'mod range' projection from them and I ended up replacing them with something else

BLOCK PAVING BRUSH
BLOCK PAVING BRUSH

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item!, 7 Jun. 2010
This review is from: BLOCK PAVING BRUSH
Great item, easy to use and did exactly what it said it would and saved a back ache

Child's Folding Camping Chair for kids multicoloured
Child's Folding Camping Chair for kids multicoloured

4.0 out of 5 stars 3 yr old loves it!, 7 Jun. 2010
Great item, easy to use and did exactly what it said it would! Does topple over with more ease than I expected if the child starts to fidgit

2 x Folding Canvass Camping / Fishing Chair available in black, green & blue colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, good and comfy, 7 Jun. 2010
Very good item for the money. . Not sure how long they will last but already had my monies worth from them!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 18, 2010 3:18 PM BST

Good Ideas Garden Hose 4 Way Connector (582) Increase Tap Outletss from 1 to 4. Ideal for hoses, watering systems

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Item!, 7 Jun. 2010
I had to water large new lawn so rather than keep moving my sprinklers around, I set 4 up with using this device.
I have good water pressure where I live and found that I couldnt have more that 2 taps on at a time or I lost too much pressure but still worked very well.

Page: 1 | 2