Profile for Kessler > Reviews

BlackBerry Q10 SIM-Free Smartphone - White
BlackBerry Q10 SIM-Free Smartphone - White
Offered by Wowcamera

5.0 out of 5 stars the best qwerty phone, 17 Aug. 2013
Bought it because I wanted a real keyboard again after a year of frustrated all-touchscreen sms'ing, e-mailing and browsing. I am very happy with the medium sized keyboard on this one and never make mistakes anymore while typing! There is also squiggly line spell checking and word prediction that also comes very handy. I just feel that a keyboard phone enables me to do much more than a screen phone, which I consider to better for someone that just wants to "consume" content.

I was also surprised by the software, the standard OS install contains a very complete and high quality software package, the powerful browser, type-and-go, and the BlackBerry Hub (all your communication in one smart, customizable screen, always on the left) are clear winners here. My iPhone and Android friends are impressed. All very fast and easy to multitask in (or browse with multiple tabs). The app store contains all apps you'll need, and if there is an Android app you want that's not there yet, there is a very big chance that is has been repackaged by the community (BlackBerry is 90% compatible with Android), otherwise you can do it yourself with a tool BlackBerry provides.

A last strong point is the battery life, it's just great! No matter how much I use it, I can't get it to die in one day. Usually it lasts about two with moderate usage, with WiFi + 3G (it has 4G by the way but my operator doesn't yet) constantly on, and the Hub connected to WhatsApp and three e-mail accounts.

So summarizing: if you want a keyboard, useful and well-organized software, and good battery life, it's all neatly packaged in the Q10.