Profile for Mrs. Denyer > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Denyer

Mrs. Denyer (West Sussex UK)

Getting Past Your Past
Getting Past Your Past
by Francine Shapiro

5.0 out of 5 stars EMDR really works!, 5 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Getting Past Your Past (Paperback)
I disagree strongly with the critique of this book as 'misleading' I too have many self help books. However, I have experienced EMDR first hand for panic attacks, and can honestly say it REALLY worked, and this book explains why it did. There is no 'quick fix' for trauma which is buried in the mind. You can only do so much by yourself, which is useful, but for really deep traumas you have to go to a clinician, and they can help you, and sort it out. I am about to embark on some new treatment. As a child born during the second world war I have lots of deep fears. I know I am 75 but as Francine says, it is never to late to start. One has to find a therapist that has the right chemistry though, then its more likely to work.EMDR

Finest Milk Belgian Chocolate Bag 900g - Suitable for a Chocolate Fountain and a Chocolate Fondue
Offered by JM POSNER

5.0 out of 5 stars Yum delicious!, 9 May 2016
Great Jim everyone loved the chocolate!!

Elgento E26005 3-Tier Mini Chocolate Fountain - Pink
Elgento E26005 3-Tier Mini Chocolate Fountain - Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy happy Granddaughter, 9 May 2016
If only you could see the pictures of my granddaughter's face (covered in chocolate) with a smile from ear to ear, followed by a a text, from her mum, which reads 'everyone looooves the chocolate fountain!' It is the best birthday present for a 7 year old ever! Or 77 year olds for that matter!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars The proximity of the closed door activates the sensor to remain open constantly (smell etc can rise) When the cupboard is open i, 22 Nov. 2015
This bin does not work any enclosed space, ie under the sink. The proximity of the closed door activates the sensor to remain open constantly (smell etc can rise) When the cupboard is open it is easy for small children and animals to poke about in the rubbish. It also uses 4 AAA battteries. When in an open space it opens and closes repeatedly. The batteries are supposed to last 6 months when activated 20 times a day. Unless it is put in a corner away from movement, it is opening enclosing many times a day. I am trying to return it, but I have to pay another charge for that, so I may have to keep it, as I do not intend to throw good money after bad. I shall have to use it like an ordinary bucket, a very expensive one though!! The company who sell it have advised me that it does not work in a cupboard or enclosed space. Wish they had told me on their site:-((

Jigsaw Roll Puzzle Storage Mat up to 2000 pieces
Jigsaw Roll Puzzle Storage Mat up to 2000 pieces
Offered by forestfox_trading

2.0 out of 5 stars Useless!, 24 Feb. 2015
It just is not fit for purpose!
I could have bought a piece of ordinary felt, a cardboard tube, and some elastic bands.
When I tried to roll it up the puzzle just fell apart.
It needs some sort of adhesive on the surface of the felt.
Puzzle pieces do not stick to ordinary felt.
The felt was also folded up small so it fitted in the parcel, and was full of creases, so needed ironing before use.

The Happiness Trap: Stop Struggling, Start Living
The Happiness Trap: Stop Struggling, Start Living
by Dr Russ Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best self help books I have ever read., 16 Aug. 2011
I was advised to look at this publication by a clinical psychologist, as I suffer from anxiety and consult with her now and then.
I also take anti depressants and have done so for a very long time.

I have read many self help books in my life, and struggled with them, and then forgot them. They helped for a while.
However this one really makes sense, in that it does not raise expectations. I have tried some of the exercises, and they do seem to work. It is also very reassuring in the text. I would recommend it although I still have not finished reading it all.
NB I ordered a big print version by mistake, and it is marvellous! No tired eyes now.

Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook
Sarah Raven's Garden Cookbook
by Sarah Raven

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cook Book I have ever had!, 11 July 2007
This is a cookbook for all tastes. Sarahs approach to food is so refreshing! I am 65, with veggies in the family to cater for, and although I know quite a bit about cooking by now, her ideas and recipes have inspired me more than most. This book presents her commonsense attitude to food preparation, and does not draw a line between vegetarian and the rest. I am sure most cooks would find something new and delicious to try out ,as I have done.
I really recommend it.