Profile for James > Reviews

Logitech H150 Stereo Headset - Cloud White
Logitech H150 Stereo Headset - Cloud White
Offered by amy's Schätze

5.0 out of 5 stars Headset Heaven, 14 Nov. 2016
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this headset whether you're using it to listen to music, watch videos or use a voice-chat application. The sound quality has always been high quality for me, and the headset is very comfortable to wear for extended periods, fitting perfectly with an adjustable strap, and a soft foam on the sides. The microphone is also adjustable. You can move it up or down as desired. Finally, there is a small control part about halfway down the wire on which you can adjust the volume & toggle the microphone.

As I said, this is a fantastic headset for any purpose.

Bed Centre Backcare Divan with 2 Drawers, Headboard and Spring Memory Mattress - Single (3'0)
Offered by BED CENTRE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bed, with added storage!, 23 July 2015
I've been using this bed for a good few weeks now, and it's exceptionally comfortable, as well as being a convenient size. The added storage underneath is also excellent, and the leather headboard compliments the bed nicely. I'd definitely recommend this bed to anyone.

Wii Fit Trainer No.8 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Wii Fit Trainer No.8 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by Vida Good

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Amiibo, but would seldom recommend., 23 July 2015
I bought this Amiibo simply to complete my collection, but it's not one that I'd recommend really. The plastic cast on her foot ruins it IMO, even if it is to support her. Still, it's not as bad as Link's yellow stand...

Bowser No.20 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Bowser No.20 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Amiibo!, 23 Jan. 2015
This is, in my opinion, one of the best amiibo figures available right now. It's very detailed and of an optimal size. If I had to recommend any one amiibo to someone, I'd more than likely recommend this one.

Link No.5 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Link No.5 amiibo (Nintendo Wii U/3DS)
Offered by The Real Man Company

4.0 out of 5 stars A good amiibo!, 14 Dec. 2014
I received this product as arranged, and was content with its packaging. As for the product itself, I am generally very happy with it. It's a nicely made figurine of Link with the added bonus of providing extra content in numerous compatible Wii U games (and later in 2015, many more!).

The only detail that I am not happy with is the plastic yellow stand. I don't really understand why it had to be yellow, especially when previous artwork displayed this amiibo instead having a simpler metal stand.

In conclusion, I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend it not only for extra game content, but for also being a nice collector item. I just wish that they'd have maintained the original metallic stand.

Nintendo WiiU Classic Controller / Nintendo Classic Mini Controller (Luigi)
Nintendo WiiU Classic Controller / Nintendo Classic Mini Controller (Luigi)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 5 Dec. 2014
It's a good remake of the classic Gamecube controller, with the added bonus of the extra rumble features. The Luigi motif is of course, awesome.

Music For The Motion Picture Into The Wild
Music For The Motion Picture Into The Wild

4.0 out of 5 stars Good soundtrack, 4 Dec. 2014
A good soundtrack to a good film, and in a nicely made case at that.

THE BEATLES magical mystery tour. E.P. First press, blue lyric pages. UK MONO pressing 1967 on unboxed Silver Parlophone EMI label

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical indeed!, 11 April 2012
The product itself was in very good condition considering its age, and though the records themselves did initially jam, I've restored them. The music itself is exactly what you'd expect from the everloved band that is The Beatles. It's creative and catchy, although you'd be wise to listen to it on YouTube before buying this in case. Be aware that this is the EP and so the singles released on the US LP release (and the later versions of MMT) are not present on this. The track listing for the original EP that you will receive with this product is:

Record one:

CLEAR GROOVE - Advanced Vinyl Record Cleaner
CLEAR GROOVE - Advanced Vinyl Record Cleaner
Offered by Net Utopia

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial fuss, eventual delight, 11 April 2012
I received this product on time with no issues whatsoever. A wonderful little anti-static cloth came free with the bottle, plus the bottle itself is of a fairly big size, and so worth the value. I have taken a star away because I too had initial fuss with the nozzle unfortunately, and found that it would leak out of the gap underneath, but the cleaner itself works very well giving your vintage records that new shine. I would recommend this to any fellow collector whom may require to clean their records, but be aware that there will be an initial fuss with the nozzle.

The Game
The Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Queen's Start to the 80's, 7 Jun. 2011
This review is from: The Game (Audio CD)
First of all, the product I was received is of excellent, like new quality as promised, and plays perfectly fine, so that's a good start, but how is the album itself? Well, I'll start by saying that I'm a massive Queen fan, but not one who deems all of their content perfect. I'll review track by track, and though there will be those who disagree, I am only speaking as a fan and a critic.

First of all, we start with Mercury's title track of sorts 'Play The Game'. This isn't necessary the best track on here in my opinion, but it is a very nice song, being about love yet still featuring some very impressive instrumental and vocals, especially from the great man himself. This opens up the album well, and immediately has hopes running high. The next track is 'Dragon Attack', and boy do I love this. It is understandable to see that some would not find this track very good, and it is a like/hate track. Dragon Attack goes to show the bassist Deacon's true playing skills, and gives him a larger role, as well as Taylor's drumming to an extent. As said, this track is interesting, and I love it myself, but you really have to give a try and see how you find it to know...

The next track is the ever-famous Deacon song 'Another One Bites The Dust', and there's not much to say about this one. Most people seem to love it, even considering how differential it was for Queen back at the time, and now. This is definitely one of the album's highlights, and most catchy songs, featuring raw power in Mercury's vocals. Next is another love song 'Need Your Loving Tonight'. This is a nice enough song really, but fairly average if you ask me. Still, its not bad at all, and does have a good rhythm that'll likely have you singing along soon enough! Then there's the other hit Queen song, the Rockabilly 'Crazy Little Thing Called Love', which is another very well done and catchy tune, further emphasising Queen's variation of themes. Its a simplistic song too, featuring only basic vocals and guitar for example, and so is a nice change.

It is from here that the album's 'golden age' has passed unfortunately, although the next part is still good!

We start the next part of the album with 'Rock It (Prime Jive)', Roger's composition which features him on vocals too for the most part, Mercury being at the start and end. Its another catchy and rhythmical song, and Taylor shows some impressive vocals here generally, though the song can be a tad repetitive, but no problem really. Next is the unique 'Don't Try Suicide', which I know has mixed reactions from people, a bit like Dragon Attack, so you have to listen to it to judge really, but I personally think its a great little song, and its just as catchy as any of the prior songs... Next is Brian May's contribution, the touching melody 'Sail Away Sweet Sister'. This Love-themed song is just beautiful, and I would recommend it to anyone. It might not feature May at his best with vocals, but he does a good job throughout. The guitar is wonderful too. We then have Taylor's other contribution, the Rocker song 'Coming Soon', and though fairly alright, this is my least favourite song on the album. It isn't bad, but its just average, and you won't probably find it too interesting. The album ends on May's epic hit 'Save Me', which not only features what could be argued to be some of Mercury's greatest vocals, but also an amazing guitar solo, and a hell of a lotta epicness!

The album is now over, and so in conclusion, the first five songs are worthy of five stars, being great, but then the last five are varied, being from great to average. In conclusion though, a great album, and very enjoyable. Not Queen's best, but a great start to the 80's.

James Dunn