Profile for Jonathan McNeill' > Reviews

Content by Jonathan McNeill'

Jonathan McNeill'

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars was perfect til I lost it..., 21 Aug. 2013
This is great for people who work or spend a lot of time outside in bad weather. I use it for work and it sits nicely under my work fleece and pulls up over my chin and mouth if needed. You can use it as a hat too but I don't as it doesn't close over completely and the hole lets a breeze in to the top of your head.
great as a neck warmer a little cack as a hat..

Yoko ID Armbands Black O/S
Yoko ID Armbands Black O/S
Offered by COOZO UK

5.0 out of 5 stars SIA armband, 21 Aug. 2013
An elastic strap that maintains its elasticity on one of these is hard to find but this one is still tight after almost 6 months of daily use. It comes with a tag on it for yoko armbands but I cut it off as I felt it ruined the look. It is also see through on both sides which I suppose could come in handy for anyone with another id card they needed to keep to hand.
the black one is the one to go forgot looks the smartest.

AsRock N68C-GS FX Motherboard (Socket AM3+, NVIDIA GeForce 7025, DDR3, S-ATA 300, Micro ATX, ASRock XFast USB and XFast LAN)

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Days, 21 Aug. 2013
Cheap, AM3+ with super fast delivery comes with all the ports a gaming pc might need with room for a little expansion. A bit of a pain to set up originally due to slightly awkward positioning of the LP4 connection ( 4pin logo connector to power the processor) up above the heatsync which played havoc with my bottom mounted PSU as the cable was too short.
it will take plenty of ram and up to 8 cores this is another badboy from ASrock

MHP® P4 To LP4 Molex Power Adapter Cable 4 Pin Power Converter Lead
MHP® P4 To LP4 Molex Power Adapter Cable 4 Pin Power Converter Lead
Offered by MHP Computer Services Ltd ®

4.0 out of 5 stars quick delivery, 21 Aug. 2013
This came in two days on standard and is literally five cm long. It is what I needed for my new build I guess, I am yet to connect it as I stretched the life out of the one I had so I could get some work done... My PSU is bottom mounted and most motherboards have their LP4 connection at the top so mine wasn't long enough to fit (originally) but I will be using a spare long Molex to sort that today.
It's what it says but it's short!

TECHGEAR® Desktop Charging Cradle Dock Stand for Sony Xperia Z / L36h + USB Data Transfer Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars it's essentially a big adapter.. and it does what it says, 21 Aug. 2013
This product is handy, it saves you from having to open the port for a charger by simply dropping it into the dock, and when a clock app is being used it becomes a nice clock but apart from that it's just a stand. It performs this role well...

Mulbess Aluminum Metal Hard Frame Bumper Case Cover For Sony Xperia Z L36h L36i C6603,Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job.. Xperia Z bumper, 21 Aug. 2013
This bumper case arrived quickly and was easy to install it is however almost a millimeter too deep, this is something most wouldn't notice/ care about but I do. It means the phone is slightly loose and the extra vibrations this would cause if I dropped my phone in it could seriously damage my lovely new phone!
It generally does what I want it to (lifting the screen off the surface of the desk etc to prevent scratches and protects the sides) but it looks a little tacky and it is hard to get the charging or headphone covers open due to the thickness of the bumper. There is no access to the SD card, SIM card or the contact points for a dock. All in all its good for its price but there are a few flaws...

(3 Pack) Molex to Two SATA Lead, LP4 Molex to 2 SATA Internal Power Splitter Cable, Dual Head SATA Power Cable - pjp electronics®
Offered by nabs

4.0 out of 5 stars molex - 2x sata splitter, 21 Aug. 2013
It's perfect for the job and better still you get two Sata power supply connectors out of one Molex connection. Cables are short but since it's connected to a long Molex cable I have no worries in my ATX case

TP-LINK Advanced Wireless N PCI Adaptor (TL-WN951N), 300m, 3 Detachable Antennas

5.0 out of 5 stars plug and play (Windows 7), 21 Aug. 2013
This is a fast cheap internal wireless adapter that was picked up instantly by Windows. It has made my new pc much more mobile as I don't need an asdl cable running to my pc. I had a conflicting IP address at first but that was sorted by changing my pc's own IP address.
all in all a good product, arrived next day on standard delivery and the included drivers CD should keep anyone not using Windows7 right

Varta 1W LED Indestructible Torch
Varta 1W LED Indestructible Torch

5.0 out of 5 stars a bit pricey, 18 Aug. 2013
A cracker torch that really compares well to larger higher powered torches, currently using this as a headlight for a bike, for which it excels. With its power saving mode and solid build I haven't had to replace a bulb or battery in 6months daily usage.
It's expensive but you won't be replacing it in a hurry

AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 Socket AM3+ 4 Core Processor - 3.60GHz, 3.80GHz Turbo
AMD Bulldozer FX-4100 Socket AM3+ 4 Core Processor - 3.60GHz, 3.80GHz Turbo

5.0 out of 5 stars a bargain processor that packs a punch, 18 Aug. 2013
This 4 core processor is not just cheap, it's cheap and fantastic. Will overclock easily to nearly 5ghz on the standard heatsync using just multipliers. It is socket AM3+ so ensure your board can support it. Runs most games well however it does depend on your graphics card.. With this CPU it really is easy to build a cheap and good gaming pc!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3