Profile for sasperella > Reviews

Content by sasperella

sasperella (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Clear Gel Skin Cover Case (Flexible and Durable) for the Sony Xperia Z5 by Digi Pig

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits well without spoiling looks, 19 Jan. 2016
Very happy with this, when I first got phone I was worried about dropping it due to it's slick finish and its price! But this cover fits really well, feels like it gives plenty of grip and looks like it'll protect phone well if it is dropped. Only reason it hasn't got 5 stars is that when I received it there was some bits of excess gel on some cut outs and edges which made it look a bit cheap, but then it is cheap. Anyway these are wearing away with use. So far I haven't turned on the finger print sensor so can't say how this is effected by the cover if at all

Sony Xperia Z5 SIM-Free Smartphone (UK Version) - Graphite Black
Sony Xperia Z5 SIM-Free Smartphone (UK Version) - Graphite Black
Offered by STARS COM UK

4.0 out of 5 stars First impressions ... Great phone, 19 Jan. 2016
Had this phone just over 2 weeks, bought as a replacement for 3 year old nexus 4 as fed up of poor battery life and temperamental camera. Happy to say the xperia x5 has so far delivered on both battery life (no more charging every day and needing to make sure have portable charger if going out!). I'm averaging around 2 days with what I'd say is average use, not many calls but lots of texting, Facebook, emails etc. The camera is also impressive with vibrant colours. I added a few extra apps to do panorama views etc, not sure how good these will turn out to be. I've turned resolution up to 20mp from default of 8, not sure whether I really need this but will see how it goes. Low light shots and video seem very good.
1 downside is the bloatware Sony install. I thought I'd be fine with 32gb built in storage but over 9gb already taken up with android system! Apparently you can't get rid of this bloatware without rooting phone, why do you have to do this sony? I'd rather decide what I want on my phone myself thank you. Well I guess with camera set to 20mp would probably have to get a sd card anyway.
Overall I'd say you certainly get what you pay for with this phone, yes it's more expensive than many others but I think it's worth it.
I have added a clear gel cover so I don't feel quite as worried about dropping it due to it's slick exterior without spoiling it's looks too much

ClimeMET CM9088 NEW & improved Digital Wireless Weather Station NOW With Moon Phase, Sunrise & Sunset Times
Offered by The UK Weather Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product just be patient with set-up, 30 Sept. 2015
Firstly very quick delivery from seller and prompt answers to question I had re set-up.

I've only had this a few days so can't comment on battery consumption but hoping it will be ok. All the info seems to be correct, was a bit dubious at first as it seemed to be a degree higher than the external sensor I had for my old weather station but putting an old fashion thermometer next to it it does seem accurate.

As for set-up be patient with it. Initially when I put the batteries in both units it picked up the outside temperature immediately but didn't search for time. So I set the time manually and everything else. All was good including sunrise/sunset times for the longitude latitude I'd entered. However when I looked the next morning it had picked up the time signal and was an hour ahead so I went in and changed the timezone. All good but sunrise/sunset times now an hour early. Right now this is where the manual (which I think is pretty good so must have been updated since others complained) is incorrect, you cannot set DST (Daylight saving) manually. After emailling the seller who suggested doing a reset as DST should be picked up based on the timezone, I thought no I'll wait and when I checked this morning everything is fine, the unit has picked up DST overnight and everything is displayed correctly.

So it seems it takes around 12 hours for the unit to pick up changes via the radio signal time. To be honest my old unit used to be similar every time the clocks changed it took nearly a day for the time to update.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2015 5:42 PM BST

LEPOWER G3 750mAh Peak Current Car Jump Starter and 15000mAh High Capacity Portable External Battery Charger with Multi-functions

1.0 out of 5 stars Not same product others reviewed, tricky to use and faulty when taken out of box - not impressed, 9 Sept. 2015
Note the product I received wasn't the same as the one some of the previous good reviews mention, I know this for definite as I saw the product one of the previous reviewers had. When I received this I checked it over and tried charging a few things from it which wasn't exactly straight forward but figured it eventually. I then looked at the jump start cables, took these out of the box and the connector dropped off! So absolutely no use and given how tricky it was to charge other items I just returned it for a refund as I wasn't convinced a replacement would be any better. The concept is great and having seen the original product which others have reviewed it looked good (the original also had a higher capacity). On the plus side I received an immediate refund from Amazon as soon as the returned parcel was scanned at the collect+ point - well done Amazon on customer service.

Ferplast Zenith Cat and Dog Food Dispenser, 29.2 x 20.2 x 28.8 cm, 3 Liter, Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it, 9 Sept. 2015
Works a treat, our cat's not greedy and she very quickly got used to feeding from this. It means we can happily leave her home alone for a couple of days and know she won't go hungry. She's happy just to eat biscuits and the old timer for 3 meals dispenser we had never kept meat cold and she just didn't eat out of it so this is a much better option. We now keep this topped up all the time so no need to worry if we get up or come home late.

Fitflop Women's F-Pop Ballerina Leather Ballet Flats, Black (All Black), 6 UK 39 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars Get a larger size than usual, 9 Sept. 2015
As per advice on other reviews I bought a larger size (6.5 I'm usually 5,5 in slip on, 6 in lace ups), they fit ok, felt a little tight to start with but after a few wears fit ok and lovely to walk in

Wrapz Red Neoprene Floating Glasses Retaining Strap
Wrapz Red Neoprene Floating Glasses Retaining Strap
Offered by Rockin Goose

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits wider armed sunglasses if fitted backwards, 1 Sept. 2015
Bought these for my thick armed sunglasses (approx 1cm at end) managed to fit the strap by putting the arms in from the back of the strap. I've got a small head so this leaves plenty of strap to get over my head and the strap is very secure on glasses. Tried them in a bucket of water and floated heavy plastic framed sunglasses well.

Kontrol Floating Head Strap Retainer Red
Kontrol Floating Head Strap Retainer Red

4.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit glasses with where arms, but good fit thinner arms, 1 Sept. 2015
Quick delivery, strap is fine for my normal glasses but my sunglasses have wide ends on the arms (approx 1cm) and can't push this strap on I've also bought a wrapz band which I can get on my wider sunglasses by sliding it on backwards! Anyway this strap holds on the very thin arms of my normal glasses well and floats easily so should be able to do watersports on holiday with no worries

ECOSMO 20" Brand New Folding City Bicycle Bike 21SP - 20F03BL
ECOSMO 20" Brand New Folding City Bicycle Bike 21SP - 20F03BL

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for the price, but be prepared to give it a service, 20 July 2014
We bought this to give a folding bike a go. Disappointing that we also had exactly the same 2 faults described by the previous reviewer. Also the gears and brakes needed setting up, pretty straight forward for my husband who regularly services his other bikes but I'm not overly happy with buying a new bike which has a disclaimer that you should have it serviced by a bike mechanic I mean it's a new bike you're buying!

But at the end of the day given the price of the bike, if you're prepared to accept you'll need to do a bit of set-up when you buy it, then so far I'd say it's pretty good although we haven't really used it much so far but it seems to fit the bill.

AKORD NW-18 300 Mbps Wireless-N 802.11 Wi-Fi Repeater Range Extender Router Booster
Offered by Akord Technologies Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 18 Mar. 2014
Followed set-up instructions from review by A Woodhall on 24 April 2013 and all works well.

Note instructions provided with product says SSID will default to your existing network SSID, it doesn't and you should NOT change it just leave it as default (Wifi-Repeater) for me, so now as I walk around the house and garden my mobile happily swaps between my virginmedia wifi connection and the repeaters connection.

I had a bit of trouble setting up initially but this was my fault as I was right on the edge of my virginmedia so called superhub range so wasn't getting a good signal.

Certainly no complaints so far looking forward to a summer in the garden with wifi again

Page: 1 | 2