Profile for K. Andrews > Reviews

Content by K. Andrews

K. Andrews (Derby)

Page: 1 | 2
Galaxy S7 case, ULAK S7 Case Luxury Hybrid 3 Layer Silicone Shell Shockproof Hard Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy S7 (Rose Gold)
Offered by Pandamimi--The Great ULAK Case Company

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but covers edges, 20 Feb. 2017
Case feels nice and so far protects the phone well, but it does make it awkward to use the edges of the screen. Great to have a case the same colour as the phone.

The Witches [DVD] [1990]
The Witches [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Anjelica Huston

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality box, 20 Feb. 2017
This review is from: The Witches [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
Very flimsy box, but the film played alright, except for one short glitch.

Veho VFS-002 Slide & Negative Scanner for 35mm & 110 Instamatic Negatives
Veho VFS-002 Slide & Negative Scanner for 35mm & 110 Instamatic Negatives

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product!, 24 Feb. 2014
I read the reviews, especially the single star ones, so was very nervous about purchasing this. When it arrived, I expected to plug it in and see it work instantly, but it didn't, so I had to install the software and felt utterly disappointed when I couldn't find a licence number for it, so decided that it could never work on my Mac. However, this was a dumb blonde moment, as I discovered it on the sleeve of the CD! I have had no trouble with blue images, although our slides are mostly Agfa, and I have been delighted by the images that it has captured from old slides, which were stored and never viewed. I now have a library of photos from my childhood and memories for my parents, which we can cherish and use to create modern photo books. The five stars is partly for the sheer joy of rediscovering these images, but also for the ease of use and value for money. I agree that the slide holder is a little flimsy, but robust enough to easily survive the 300 slides I've pushed through with it so far and certainly worth the money. This is one of my best purchases over the last five years or more.

Red Black Skate Sports Knee Elbow Wrist Pad Support for Children
Red Black Skate Sports Knee Elbow Wrist Pad Support for Children

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and not cheerful, 5 Sept. 2013
I bought these for my daughter in a hurry, after buying a different set on eBay for my son a couple of months ago for about the same price. The difference in quality is obvious. These feel uncomfortable to touch, slipped down my daughter's legs, even though I'd put them on in exactly the same way as my son's, and I noticed that the hard protection around one knee was actually coming unstitched. She's only worn them once so far and I truly wish that I'd taken more time to choose a better set. They seem to be cheaper now too!

Update: I returned these to Amazon and received a full refund; great service :-)

Thomas & Friends - The Best of Thomas [DVD]
Thomas & Friends - The Best of Thomas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Angelis

5.0 out of 5 stars All the best episodes, 14 Sept. 2010
My son loves watching this DVD over and over again. It has many classic episodes, which he has read in the modern paperback versions of the series. It's also a nice souvenir to have of Thomas's 65th birthday year.

Tippitoes Step up Stool - Blue
Tippitoes Step up Stool - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Stable, yet easy to move, 14 Sept. 2010
This stool has a hole to enable you to pick it up easily and move it to where you want it, or for your toddler to do this herself (boys aren't as keen to be independent in my experience), yet it stays firmly in place when in position because it has rubber on the bottom. It's also lightweight and the bumps on top prevent your child from slipping whilst standing on it.

Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat - Blue
Tippitoes Toilet Trainer Seat - Blue
Offered by Mastermax Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, yet sturdy, 14 Sept. 2010
Having mistakenly bought a toilet seat from the local 99p shop to quickly solve the problem of needing a second toilet seat while potty-training, I was especially pleased with this, as it didn't slip around on the seat, endangering my poor boy's most sensitive bits and it's rubberised around the edges too so that it can stand against the wall without slipping between uses. The colour is attractive and it's shaped well. As it's lightweight, it's easy to grab and place on the seat in times of panic and it's great to have my son using the toilet rather than a potty, which then needs to be emptied, before my daughter gets hold of it, and cleaned, dried and returned to position for use in full view of passers-by.

Student Grub
Student Grub
by Jan Arkless

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless and Brilliant!, 16 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Student Grub (Paperback)
Like another reviewer, I bought my copy years ago, possibly AFTER leaving university, but still use it regularly now because it's such a great reference guide for cooking simple food. I used it mostly for roast times (modern labels tend to advise far too long in the oven so that they don't get sued for food poisoning, when someone's oven is less powerful than the average) and instructions on cooking new vegetables, as most of my meals are not done from scratch, but I will soon be using it to expand my repertoire as I'm off work on maternity leave and want more variety and healthier meals on my weekly menu. I recently found a recipe for bread and butter pudding in there and it was so simple, I'm tempted to cook it every week!

Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts (Inspirio/Zondervan Miniature Editions)
Saving Your Marriage Before it Starts (Inspirio/Zondervan Miniature Editions)
by Les Parrott

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and quick to read, 17 Sept. 2009
This was so short, yet full of good advice that I even managed to get my partner to read it! I'm not convinced that he'll change his behaviour as a result, but it made me feel better anyway.

Tomy Thomas & Friends Sodor Adventure Land Deluxe
Tomy Thomas & Friends Sodor Adventure Land Deluxe

4.0 out of 5 stars Endless fun, but needs some superglue, 1 Sept. 2009
We bought this for my son's first birthday present. Over a year later, he still plays with it every single day. Unfortunately he's hidden James somewhere really special and I can't find any replacements, but there are still the other trains to play with and he will try anything on the track because he thinks it's such good fun.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2010 1:22 PM BST