Profile for Papillon > Reviews

Content by Papillon

Papillon (UK)

The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels)
The Dying Hours (Tom Thorne Novels)
by Mark Billingham

5.0 out of 5 stars Crime Fiction at its best !!, 9 Nov. 2013
I have read all of Mark Billingham's books in the Thorne series and have to say that this is my favourite one. It really shows how well Mark has progressed as a writer that he now takes on more mature and subtle themes and gives Thorne another dimension. He is never boring. More so, this is not just a story about a serial killer.

In my opinion, Mark is the leading Crime Fiction author in the country. I cannot wait for the next book !

Epitaph
Epitaph
by Shaun Hutson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, 1 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Epitaph (Paperback)
Speaking for myself, I enjoyed this book immensely and couldn't put it down.

I like Hutson's style of keeping you hooked with short chapters and this did serve to speed up my reading also.
The story itself is typically one with a twist and although I guessed the ending, I was still intrigued to keep reading to the end.

In summary, I have found it of quality and enjoyed its content. It was time well spent, and I look forward to Hutson's next book.

Bright Idea
Bright Idea
Offered by I-Deal Media

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Overhyped, 4 Oct. 2008
This review is from: Bright Idea (Audio CD)
Besides the usual 2 'hits' that are mentioned, there isn't much here that is impressive or memorable. The hype seems to make you expect something more, however save your money and buy something else. This is an average sound by a very average band helped by style over content reviews.