Profile for Mick Croft > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Greatest Hits
The Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Boney M summary, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Greatest Hits (MP3 Download)
Eighteen tracks, all very enjoyable. I have been after this CD for a long time, and now I have got it.

Post Card (Bonus Tracks)
Post Card (Bonus Tracks)

1.0 out of 5 stars Post Card review, 6 Feb. 2014
When I ordered this, I had no idea what I was going to get - and I still don't know! The only reason for the one star is to get this text box up, so I can write this comment. I am not very good at grasping the basics of new technology; which is a handicap when buying online. I ordered the item more out of curiosity than anything else; but having paid for it; it does not appear on my laptop at all. I am sure that it is out there somewhere, in the ether, just waiting for me to press the relevant keys. Unless I get some help, it will stay there!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 15, 2016 2:13 PM BST

Telstar
Telstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Telstar review, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Telstar (MP3 Download)
This number was popular back in the 1960s: in the days when the BBC played "Workers playtime" over the tannoy in factories all over the country. Telstar is a superb instrumental number: one that I never get tired of hearing.

A Winter's Tale
A Winter's Tale

5.0 out of 5 stars A winter's tale review, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: A Winter's Tale (MP3 Download)
A gentle sad song. Beautifully sung by a gifted singer. Always to be heard at Christmas. A good old chestnut.

Hey Jude (Live)
Hey Jude (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey Jude review, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Hey Jude (Live) (MP3 Download)
Of all the songs composed by The Beatles, perhaps this is the Best. It is certainly my favourite. It all depends on the singer though. Tom Jones absolutely crucifies it; he destroys it. He tries to make a drama out of the song, and in doing so, ruins it!

Imagine (2010 - Remaster)
Imagine (2010 - Remaster)

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagine review, 6 Feb. 2014
The genius of John Lennon is apparent in every word. This song will be performed by all and sundry. It will last forever.

Those Were the Days
Those Were the Days

3.0 out of 5 stars Those were the days review, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Those Were the Days (MP3 Download)
A pleasant enough number performed by the lovely Mary Hopkins. Very sorry but I cannot think of anything else to say.

I Love You for Sentimental Reasons
I Love You for Sentimental Reasons

5.0 out of 5 stars I love you for review, 6 Feb. 2014
A beautiful love song by one of the finest crooners of all time. Nat died in 1965 aged 46. By dying at such a young age; just think: if he had lived into his eighties, how many beautiful songs he would have given us.

Me and the Elephants (In the Style of Bobby Goldsboro) [Karaoke Version]
Me and the Elephants (In the Style of Bobby Goldsboro) [Karaoke Version]

3.0 out of 5 stars Me and the elephants review, 6 Feb. 2014
Only three stars because I could not get it by Bobby Goldsboro. Wogan used to play this on his early morning show.

Last Thing on my Mind
Last Thing on my Mind

4.0 out of 5 stars Last thing on my mind review, 6 Feb. 2014
Once again, anything by Mary Hopkins is worth listening to. Sorry, but I cannot think of anything constructive to say.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3