Profile for Melectra > Reviews

The Princess Diarist
The Princess Diarist
Offered by Audible Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, 7 Jan. 2017
Not the diaries of a young Carrie Fisher which is what I'd expected. Just a few poetic thoughts of the then 19 year old, midway through several chapters of Carrie reflecting back on her affair with Harrison Ford in 1977. Her voice was not pleasant to listen to (in the audio book format) as her nasal passages are severely blocked, and we all know why! Perhaps her daughter could have narrated the whole thing instead?
Much attention is given to the experience of being a celebrity along with enduring the obsessive rants (verbatim) of fanatics at signings, which was, frankly, rather boring to listen to. She contradicts herself on a few things, for example, the fact that her affair with Harrison was mutually casual with no expectations, which she claims suited her, yet she also talks of being infatuated with him as she indulged in fantasies of marriage and long term commitment. I am intrigued by that fact that she tries desperately to detach her own persona from that of Princess Leia's; yet she often refers to Leia in the first person!
I'm a big fan of Star Wars and have always enjoyed Carrie's TV interviews but this did not cut the mustard for me. I got through it all, after falling asleep on a few occasions, so it was OK, or I would have given up. However, I wouldn't pass this on to anyone I know as an inspirational or insightful read which says it all really.
That being said, I was sad to hear of her death; so young really- RIP Carrie.

Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum for Women - 100 ml
Agent Provocateur Eau de Parfum for Women - 100 ml

1.0 out of 5 stars Wee and roses not parma violets!, 2 Nov. 2016
Nothing like the Eau De Toilette which is quite sweet, parma violet floral and musky. This parfum smells a bit like wee and dirty roses! I've given it a few wears to be sure and I just don't like it, but I love the EDT version.

Samsung S View Cover for Galaxy S4 Mini - White
Samsung S View Cover for Galaxy S4 Mini - White
Offered by GSMshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine and a bargain!, 2 Nov. 2016
This is an absolute bargain for just over a fiver! I can confirm that the white cover, as sold and despatched by Amazon, (not a third party seller) is the genuine article. My son is thrilled with this. Super quality and all features work perfectly. Genuine branding, texture and fit. Just be sure that you order a white one; direct from Amazon stock.

Hush Puppies Women's Gussie Moorland Leather Knee High Boots Black UK 7
Hush Puppies Women's Gussie Moorland Leather Knee High Boots Black UK 7

4.0 out of 5 stars Order a full size up !, 11 Oct. 2016
Good quality nubuck boots for the price. Very slim in the foot and ankle yet generous in the calf which suits me , but might be a problem for some people. They are not as comfortable as my other hush puppies boots unfortunately but look good. I ordered a size up and they are still a snug fit.

Ravel Women's Florida Boots RLB114 Black 6 UK, 39 EU
Ravel Women's Florida Boots RLB114 Black 6 UK, 39 EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Disgusting condition warehouse deal.., 11 Oct. 2016
Warehouse deal in shocking condition. These boots had clearly had been worn for months and were dirty with a broken zipper. The inner sole was completely worn out too. Very disappointed but I didn't have time to return them for a refund.

Telesteps 70238 3.8m Pro Telescopic Ladder
Telesteps 70238 3.8m Pro Telescopic Ladder

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe and sturdy - read the instructions though!, 17 Aug. 2015
Excellent quality ladders which I bought for my partner to use in his job and he absolutely loves them. These are the real deal if you are looking for telescopic ladders! They are commented on all the time as being of exceptional quality when he is out using them, and I know that he will be safe, unlike if he was using some of the less expensive versions. Make sure that you read the instructions though as you extend these from the bottom up, not top up. So when they are not fully extended you will have the unused steps bunched at the top of the ladder rather than the bottom.

Chef's Compendium of Professional Recipes
Chef's Compendium of Professional Recipes
by Edward Renold

4.0 out of 5 stars Super book for new chefs - all the basics you need to know., 17 Aug. 2015
Excellent book bought as a gift for my brother which he loved as he is a trainee chef. However this was an over used ex-library rental copy with bar codes and cheap stickers all over it which was not clearly stated in the listing description. A bit embarrassing when giving books as presents although I do expect some degree of wear on a second hand book, this was excessive.

Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 50
Duracell Procell Battery AA 1.5v Pack of 50
Offered by TELcomponents

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 17 Aug. 2015
Excellent value.

Classic Amber Sterling Silver and Tear Shaped Green Amber Stud Earrings with Post and Butterfly

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value!, 17 Aug. 2015
Lovely little earrings. I bought these as a gift which went down very welll with the recipient. She has worn them every day since! Superb value too.

Heath Robinson Contraptions
Heath Robinson Contraptions
by Heath Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious!, 17 Aug. 2015
I bought this as a present for my partner who always uses the phrase, "It's all a bit Heath Robinson". Well, we haven't giggled so much in ages when looking at it together and it was his favourite gift of the day! What an amazing book with superb illustrations which can be returned to again and again to find further curious and hilarious detail. Brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4