Profile for Ken Pemberton > Reviews

Content by Ken Pemberton

Ken Pemberton "kenpem" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Cabin Sized Wheeled Crease Free Garment Bag with Zip-Off Laptop Bag
Cabin Sized Wheeled Crease Free Garment Bag with Zip-Off Laptop Bag
Offered by essentials4travel

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised. Not fit for purpose. Poor customer service., 20 Feb. 2015
I'm a big bloke. I wear big clothes. They do fit in the case, but end up very crumpled.

Put a laptop in, and the bag falls over.

So overall, a great idea, but poorly executed.

When I raised my concerns, I was told that I could only return the item if it was unused. Since I used it before finding out precisely how bad it was, that was impossible. Customer service seems to be designed to stall, then deflect. No supplier accountability at all. My initial enquiries were completely ignored. Not at all pleased at having spent £150 on something that isn't fit for purpose and doesn't work as advertised.

Samsung S-View Case Cover for Galaxy S5 - Rose Gold
Samsung S-View Case Cover for Galaxy S5 - Rose Gold
Offered by AZ Gadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Add a magnetic catch, and it's fine., 20 Feb. 2015
Silly me, didn't actually read the name of the colour, I thought from the picture it was a nice muted, manly brown. Nope. It's girly-gold. Now I have to buy my wife an S5. I also paid nearly fifty quid for mine, glad to see the price has come down.

On the plus side, it mostly works. NFC tags can still be used.

I do recommend adding a magnetic catch (available here on Amazon) to keep the darn thing closed. Samsung really should have engineered that in, and would have earned it another star.

Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush
Denman D6 Shampoo/Shower Brush

4.0 out of 5 stars You never need to recharge or change the batteries., 20 Feb. 2015
You know what? It's a hairbrush. It brushes hair.

Arrived promptly.

4-Port USB Wall Charger Travel Kit with Interchangeable Plugs (US, UK, EU, AU) for iPhone iPod and other Smart phone, Most Tablet, MP3 Devices etc(Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Your laptop bag probably needs one of these., 20 Feb. 2015
Used in the UK, USA, France and Italy so far. Happily charges my Galaxy S5, my wife's S3, my Nexus 7 and my Livescribe pen all at once.

Micronext Mini Wireless Pocket Router 7in1 WiFi Network for Laptop
Micronext Mini Wireless Pocket Router 7in1 WiFi Network for Laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars All road warriors need one!, 20 Feb. 2015
I bought this to complete my "portable ChromeCase kit", and it does the job beautifully. This lives in my laptop bag. In hotel rooms, I connect it to the wired internet, then all my devices (phone, tablet, laptop and ChromeCast) all talk through the router. Painless.

Prime Instant Video
Prime Instant Video

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great on my phone, but not my tablet., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Prime Instant Video (App)
Galaxy S5 - works fine. Picture is a little dark, some setup option to tweak this would be nice.

Nexus 7 - doesn't seem to do anything at all. No way to watch PIV on my tablet. Bummer.

Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Aerobie AeroPress Coffee Maker
Offered by Design 55 online

5.0 out of 5 stars Best. Coffee. Ever., 20 Feb. 2015
Quite simply, the best coffee I can make. The very quick brew-cycle makes a slightly mellow cup, which I like.

Don't grind your beans too fine! You'll end up giving yourself a hernia trying to press the darn thing. A medium grind works beautifully.

Threes!
Threes!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for a quick game during short breaks., 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Threes! (App)
Good for a few weeks of short smoke-break games, but eventually becomes a little repetitive, which I suppose is inevitable for a game with such a simple precept.

VERY well designed and implemented - I'm impressed!

iFlash Dual Micro USB / Mini USB Splitter Cable - Charge up two Devices (One Micro and One Mini USB) - Ideal for MicroUSB or MiniUSB Smartphones Such As Android, BlackBerry, HTC, Samsung... Mobile Phones, mp3 players, Digital Cameras, GPS, and Many More
Offered by iFlash

5.0 out of 5 stars Minimalism FTW., 20 Feb. 2015
I have a "portable Chromcast kit" I take on my travels, consisting of a ChromeCase, travel router, power supplies and cables. The CC wants a micro-USB, the router wants mini-USB. Putting this little gem into the kit means I can leave behind one USB power adaptor and one cable. WIN.

Mens braces wide adjustable and elastic suspenders X shape with a very strong clips - Heavy duty - Black
Offered by Decalen

5.0 out of 5 stars My trousers no longer fall down. Office colleagues are very pleased., 20 Feb. 2015
Let's not mince words: I'm fat. Fat enough that it doesn't matter how tight my belt is, with no waist my trousers fall down. I got sick of this. Rather than go on a diet and get some exercise, I looked for an engineering solution :).

The straps are nice and wide. The clips are solid and grip really well. Overall, a great quality product.

Now to go look for some other colours...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5