Profile for Jenesis > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Master Class Steak Knives, Set of 2, Stainless Steel
Master Class Steak Knives, Set of 2, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and sturdy, 23 Feb. 2015
It keeps bugging me to review my purchases, so... they're knives. Good and sturdy, easy to clean, do what they say on the tin. A quick note about delivery, Amazon will still send it by courier even if you pick the free option, due to the age-restriction on selling knives I suppose, so someone will have to be in when the delivery comes.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little gadget, 9 Feb. 2015
Nice little gadget! We've been using it for a couple of months now with no problems with the device itself. The device fits neatly in a port behind the telly and was very easy to set up. Any device like this is of course highly dependent on its third-party software capabilities, we found that (for e.g.) there is no Cast addon for Firefox, so we have to use a different browser if Casting videos on websites, but Chrome obviously Casts very well and most mobile apps that have the Cast capability work well. This of course depends on the speed of your Casting device, a 5th-generation (or above) iPhone can Cast with no lag at all, but our 7-year old laptop sadly is just too slow and Casting from that (whether from a browser or other app) just gives jittery, laggy video with out-of-sync audio. Moral of the story is - nothing wrong with the Chromecast itself, nice little gadget, great for catching up on your YouTube Watch Later list while doing the ironing, but if your only device you will cast from is an old laptop there isn't much point buying it. Works great from newer machines and newer mobile devices though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 12:27 PM GMT

Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Pink
Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, big enough for the cat to stand ..., 9 Feb. 2015
Good size, big enough for the cat to stand upright and turn around. The foldback top makes access for scooping easy and the door fits well, allowing cats access while keeping the smells inside. Good quality build.

JETech® APPLE CERTIFIED USB Sync and Charging Lightning Cable for iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini - 3.2 Feet (1 Meter) (8-Pin, Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
Offered by DayDesign

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Jan. 2015
These are so simple to use and like others I wondered why I didn't buy any of these years ago! Won't stretch or distort boots, just keeps them in shape, whether standing by the front door, on a rack in the cupboard or even when you store them away in their boxes - no more crumpled newspaper stuffed into the boots to shed everywhere and leave inkstains. Also great for when you're cleaning and polishing your boots.

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Pink)
Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Pink)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for travel and just-in-case, 16 Jan. 2015
I ummed and aahed about purchasing a portable charger/external battery pack for quite a while. I didn't want a big, heavy, large capacity thing to lug around in my handbag, stuff like solar panels seemed a bit hit-and-miss, I just needed a 'for emergencies' to top up my phone's ailing battery in the evenings before I got home. Given these criteria I eventually picked this one. At time of purchase it was £13. I have since decided that was one of the deals of the century.

The battery pack itself is a well-made, study (but not too heavy) metallic cylinder the size of a large lipstick. Mine is a cute candy pink and they have other colours. It comes with a cable to plug into a computer or a USB wall plug, to charge the battery inside the pack. You can then charge most devices that charges off USB - just plug the device's cable in to the USB port on the battery pack. (There are some limits, it won't charge iPod Classics and some large tablets like Asus, check Anker's website for a list.) I've tested it and it can charge my S3 Mini from nearly empty to completely full, quickly, with juice to spare.

It comes with a cable included and a little black pouch to hold the battery pack and cable while you carry it about. The packaging is nice (cardboard box, no plastic) and easy to open, with a simple instruction leaflet and a contact numbers sheet, and it comes with an 18 month warranty from the manufacturer. The packaging and device itself just ooze quality.

How many "charges" you get out of it depends on how big the battery in your device is (an iPhone 6 Plus won't get a full charge from it), so the company do make larger capacity battery packs if you're going camping for a week or something, but this little one is perfect for my needs. It's absolutely brill to pop in your handbag or satchel for a trip or long day when you know you might not be able to plug your phone in to the wall every time you need to charge, and when you do get back home or to your office or hotel room, just plug the battery pack in to the wall/your laptop and it charges itself up again.

Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours
Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for lunch, 7 Jan. 2015
While not absolutely watertight it's fine if you keep it upright, if it tips over, liquid can leak out. Naturally this will not suit some people, it depends how you carry your lunch to work I suppose, but as I wedge mine in my lunchbag or backpack I make sure it stays upright and it doesn't spill.

The cup holds a 400ml (large) can of soup, or similar amounts of other food - I have used this for soup and porridge and would happily use it for noodles, rice, pasta with sauce, anything that needs carrying about and heating up at destination, really. Be sure to leave space at the top of the cup though as over-filling it will make it spill.

I personally value the microwaving abilities of this far more than the lunchbox aspect, no more soup splattered all over the microwave, no more burnt fingers, no more slopping half your lunch on the counter because it's too hot to hold, no more explosions of soup thanks to the vent, no more nasty clingfilm or kitchen paper in your lunch - need I go on? Just pop the cup in the fridge when you get to work, nuke at lunchtime with the vent open, and you get a hot lunch with an easy-carry handle. I've even taken soup to work still in the can and carried this cup along empty just so I can microwave the soup in it!

Loses a star because it's not properly watertight.

LG GH24NSB0.AUAR10B 24x DVD-RW SATA Black Retail Kit
LG GH24NSB0.AUAR10B 24x DVD-RW SATA Black Retail Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars I received an OEM drive (no cables or screws) rather ..., 24 Dec. 2014
I received an OEM drive (no cables or screws) rather than retail so lost a star for that, not sure if that's the distributor's problem or Amazon's though. It was an emergency replacement for a dead drive so I couldn't return it and I had some spare cables and mountings so not an issue for me, just thought I'd flag it.

Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)
Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan (120x120x25)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 24 Nov. 2014
Lessee... it's quiet, it shifts a good amount of air, it comes with both rubber mounts and screws, and with a 3-pin to molex adapter. Seems to be good build quality so far and SpeedFan reports lower system temps with this than my old fan (I use it as a side-intake fan). I got this for £7 new, absolute bargain if you ask me. Looking for the 140mm version as a top exhaust fan now!

Velcro Stick On Squares (pack 24) 25mm Black
Velcro Stick On Squares (pack 24) 25mm Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What it says on the tin, 24 Nov. 2014
As other customers noted, what it says on the tin. I used some of these to stick some small PC satellite speakers to the underside of my desk. They work fine for small light speakers but I wouldn't trust anything much heavier than that to them, if all the weight is hanging off the velcro. When applying, stick the squares to the respective surfaces, press hard and leave for 10 minutes to allow the adhesive to set, don't immediately stick the item up - it will work much better. Also works well to hold things still on smooth surfaces (keyboards).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8