Profile for Jenesis > Reviews

Content by Jenesis

Jenesis (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Betron DC950 Headphones Earphones, Noise Isolating, Bass Driven, High Definition In Ear Canal, Tangle free, Replaceable Earbuds for or iPhone, iPod, iPad, MP3 Players, Samsung Galaxy, Nokia, HTC, Nexus, BlackBerry etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bang for buck, volume controls a bit odd, 20 Mar. 2015
Fine for the price and generally happy. Cable does not tangle and (for me) buds fit in ears well - your mileage may vary of course as ears are all different but they do come with different size buds. A little pouch and cable clip are also included. Pretty red colour. Excellent sound, the bass was good and deep straight away, none of that "playing in" period that cheaper headphones sometimes need, with generally good response across the spectrum. Good outside noise exclusion.

If I have one criticism, I got the version with inline controls - work well for the most part but the volume bit isn't linked to the iPhone volume, it doesn't change the player volume, it uses some kind of resistance to change the volume just on the headphones. It's hard to explain but others who own these will know what I mean! This means that you can turn the phone/device volume waaaay up and still have the headphone volume on medium, then accidentally knock the volume button up and suddenly go deaf - or vice versa, have the earbud volume at max and it's still quiet because the phone volume is set too low (I listen to classical music so often change the volume to hear the quiet bits and not be deafened by loud passages). Other than that, the headphones are good and again, for the price I'm very happy.

Bobino Medium Black Cable Wrap/Tidy perfect for adaptors, usb cables, chargers
Bobino Medium Black Cable Wrap/Tidy perfect for adaptors, usb cables, chargers
Offered by Glint

4.0 out of 5 stars D'oh, my mistake, I actually wanted one for ..., 11 Mar. 2015
D'oh, my mistake, I actually wanted one for earbuds - this size (med) is more suitable for larger USB cables. However for that it does work well, can't complain. It's quite rigid, more than I expected from the picture.

Karabar Lightweight Garment Carrier Suit Bag - 3 Years Warranty! (Black/Sky Blue)
Offered by Karabars UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap n cheerful, 6 Mar. 2015
Wide enough to take my concert dress and the spare outfit and some jeans, with huge pockets and various pouches to hold shoes, makeup bag, hairbrush and other musician essentials. Internal straps keep your clothes flat instead of bunching up. Great to have all my kit in one bag I can sling over a shoulder instead of dragging many smaller bags and long dry-cleaning covers around!

When unfolded/hanging up the bag is about the length of a pair of trousers, so longer dresses will hang out of the bottom, and my full-length gown has to be folded over to fit in the bag when closed/zipped up; this isn't a problem for me as the fabric isn't prone to creasing but just something to bear in mind. I don't leave the dress stored in this thing in the wardrobe but it's absolutely fine for concert days or short trips where I have to travel for a gig - wouldn't trust it in a plane hold but fine for coach/car/train/cruise (it's too big to go as plane hand luggage).

You get what you pay for, it's not a premium quality item - when it first arrived it had that "plastic smell"! - but so far it's held up. The zips and handle fastenings are metal not plastic. The inner lining of mine is light grey, not black like in the picture, by the way, no big deal though. I wouldn't pay the RRP of £80 for it but for £13 I'm happy..!

Master Class Steak Knives, Set of 2, Stainless Steel
Master Class Steak Knives, Set of 2, Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and sturdy, 23 Feb. 2015
It keeps bugging me to review my purchases, so... they're knives. Good and sturdy, easy to clean, do what they say on the tin. A quick note about delivery, Amazon will still send it by courier even if you pick the free option, due to the age-restriction on selling knives I suppose, so someone will have to be in when the delivery comes.

Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player
Google Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little gadget, 9 Feb. 2015
Nice little gadget! We've been using it for a couple of months now with no problems with the device itself. The device fits neatly in a port behind the telly and was very easy to set up. Any device like this is of course highly dependent on its third-party software capabilities, we found that (for e.g.) there is no Cast addon for Firefox, so we have to use a different browser if Casting videos on websites, but Chrome obviously Casts very well and most mobile apps that have the Cast capability work well. This of course depends on the speed of your Casting device, a 5th-generation (or above) iPhone can Cast with no lag at all, but our 7-year old laptop sadly is just too slow and Casting from that (whether from a browser or other app) just gives jittery, laggy video with out-of-sync audio. Moral of the story is - nothing wrong with the Chromecast itself, nice little gadget, great for catching up on your YouTube Watch Later list while doing the ironing, but if your only device you will cast from is an old laptop there isn't much point buying it. Works great from newer machines and newer mobile devices though.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2015 12:27 PM GMT

Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Pink
Catit Style Hooded Cat Pan/ Litter Tray/ Litter Box, 57 x 46 x 39 cm, Pink

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, big enough for the cat to stand ..., 9 Feb. 2015
Good size, big enough for the cat to stand upright and turn around. The foldback top makes access for scooping easy and the door fits well, allowing cats access while keeping the smells inside. Good quality build.

JETech® APPLE CERTIFIED USB Sync and Charging Lightning Cable for iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini - 3.2 Feet (1 Meter) (8-Pin, Black)
Offered by JEDirect UK

booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
booti boot shaper COLOR - mix for 4 pairs of boots
Offered by DayDesign

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 28 Jan. 2015
These are so simple to use and like others I wondered why I didn't buy any of these years ago! Won't stretch or distort boots, just keeps them in shape, whether standing by the front door, on a rack in the cupboard or even when you store them away in their boxes - no more crumpled newspaper stuffed into the boots to shed everywhere and leave inkstains. Also great for when you're cleaning and polishing your boots.

Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger  External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Pink)
Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S6 S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Pink)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for travel and just-in-case, 16 Jan. 2015
I ummed and aahed about purchasing a portable charger/external battery pack for quite a while. I didn't want a big, heavy, large capacity thing to lug around in my handbag, stuff like solar panels seemed a bit hit-and-miss, I just needed a 'for emergencies' to top up my phone's ailing battery in the evenings before I got home. Given these criteria I eventually picked this one. At time of purchase it was £13. I have since decided that was one of the deals of the century.

The battery pack itself is a well-made, study (but not too heavy) metallic cylinder the size of a large lipstick. Mine is a cute candy pink and they have other colours. It comes with a cable to plug into a computer or a USB wall plug, to charge the battery inside the pack. You can then charge most devices that charges off USB - just plug the device's cable in to the USB port on the battery pack. (There are some limits, it won't charge iPod Classics and some large tablets like Asus, check Anker's website for a list.) I've tested it and it can charge my S3 Mini from nearly empty to completely full, quickly, with juice to spare.

It comes with a cable included and a little black pouch to hold the battery pack and cable while you carry it about. The packaging is nice (cardboard box, no plastic) and easy to open, with a simple instruction leaflet and a contact numbers sheet, and it comes with an 18 month warranty from the manufacturer. The packaging and device itself just ooze quality.

How many "charges" you get out of it depends on how big the battery in your device is (an iPhone 6 Plus won't get a full charge from it), so the company do make larger capacity battery packs if you're going camping for a week or something, but this little one is perfect for my needs. It's absolutely brill to pop in your handbag or satchel for a trip or long day when you know you might not be able to plug your phone in to the wall every time you need to charge, and when you do get back home or to your office or hotel room, just plug the battery pack in to the wall/your laptop and it charges itself up again.

Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours
Sistema Klip It Single Microwave Soup To Go Mug, 656ml, Assorted Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for lunch, 7 Jan. 2015
While not absolutely watertight it's fine if you keep it upright, if it tips over, liquid can leak out. Naturally this will not suit some people, it depends how you carry your lunch to work I suppose, but as I wedge mine in my lunchbag or backpack I make sure it stays upright and it doesn't spill.

The cup holds a 400ml (large) can of soup, or similar amounts of other food - I have used this for soup and porridge and would happily use it for noodles, rice, pasta with sauce, anything that needs carrying about and heating up at destination, really. Be sure to leave space at the top of the cup though as over-filling it will make it spill.

I personally value the microwaving abilities of this far more than the lunchbox aspect, no more soup splattered all over the microwave, no more burnt fingers, no more slopping half your lunch on the counter because it's too hot to hold, no more explosions of soup thanks to the vent, no more nasty clingfilm or kitchen paper in your lunch - need I go on? Just pop the cup in the fridge when you get to work, nuke at lunchtime with the vent open, and you get a hot lunch with an easy-carry handle. I've even taken soup to work still in the can and carried this cup along empty just so I can microwave the soup in it!

Loses a star because it's not properly watertight.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8