Profile for LadyDDeath > Reviews

Content by LadyDDeath

LadyDDeath (Sheffield, United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle Eau de Parfum for Her - 100 ml
Bvlgari Rose Essentielle Eau de Parfum for Her - 100 ml
Offered by Warehouse Mania Inc

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh, the irony... Do yourselves a favour and purchase directly from Amazon., 7 Mar. 2016
This has been my favourite perfume for several years now, and I was very pleased to find it on Amazon, considering that you can't find it in stores anymore. Rose Essentielle is an older Bvlgari line that - unfortunately - has been discontinued, more "modern" fragrances, with a more contemporary branding taking its place.
My one-star review has absolutely nothing to do with the product itself and its quality - but with the joke that I received. And please allow me to state from the beginning that it wasn't a mistake - the seller (Fragrance New York) is intentionally misleading people (see attached images for details).

Just like other customers before me, I ordered the Bvlgari Rose Essentielle Eau de Parfum (100 ml), and instead received Eau de Toilette, with a label attached by the seller pretending the product was "Eau de Parfum". If this is not plainly mocking your customers, then I don't know what is.
The original packaging, sealed by foil, clearly states "L'Eau de Toilette Rosee", whereas the seller's own label says "Eau de Parfum for Her - 100 ml - New". Ridiculously outrageous, considering there are significant differences between the two.
The eau de parfum has Ottoman Rose and Blackberry top notes, Prelude Rose heart notes, and Patchouli base notes. Whereas the eau de toilette has Bergamot and Orange top notes, Ottoman Rose and Prelude Rose heart notes, and Musk base notes. Even a grazing cow could tell the difference.

Let us act like intelligent customers and leave this aside for a minute. As upset and disappointed as I was, I decided not to smash the "perfume" bottle against all walls, thus christening my living room with rosy smell forever. I decided to return the item and get a refund. But lo and behold, this special seller only accepts collections - you can't just normally print the return labels and post the item. You have to personally go to a collection point in order to drop off the parcel.
Well, maybe some of us can't simply take time off work just to go and drop off a failed bottle of fake perfume to a collection point. This will be an interesting one to explain at work.

All in all, 5 stars for this incredibly feminine perfume, exquisite in its toxic delicacy, and so rare to find nowadays.
And nothing but the middle finger for the seller (Fragrance New York), who treats their customers with zero professionalism and respect. Maybe I should return a bottle of spring water to them and write "eau de parfum" on it to be even.
___________________________
* Update (a couple of days later):

After managing to drop off the parcel for return at a collect+ point (and no, I did not send a water bottle, however sorely I was tempted), I decided to re-order the exact same product (Bvlgari Rose Essentielle Eau de Parfum 100 ml), but this time directly from Amazon.
And guess what: I received exactly what I ordered. No mockingly re-labelled eau de toilette, but the original thing.

Allow me to add there are additional difference between the eau de parfum and the eau de toilette in terms of alcohol percentage: the perfume is 69%, while the eau de toilette is 79%. For crying out loud, even the packaging is different: the perfume comes in a box with a golden band at the bottom, whereas the eau de toilette's packaging is invariably pink - you would expect a perfume seller to distinguish between the two. [I have attached several pictures.]

I am still awaiting the refund to be processed, but I have the utmost trust in Amazon's professionalism and seriousness. Thus I have upgraded my rating from 1 star to 2. The perfume itself is astonishing and deserves 5 stars, but I hope my review will serve as a warning and benefit other customers as well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 25, 2017 1:29 PM BST

Rosewood Rope Twist Lead, 64-inch, Black/ Blue
Rosewood Rope Twist Lead, 64-inch, Black/ Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, durable & light Rope Twist Lead - 160 cm, 2 May 2015
My cat (a 12-year old, domestic shorthair) has been living indoors her entire life. She's an intelligent, curious animal, and I decided to invest in the means to take her out for a walk from time to time - especially now that the weather seems to be improving. Consequently, I purchased a Mynwood Cat Jacket, and I also needed a lead - a not very long, yet strong one (you never know when it occurs to a cat to spook and start jumping / running crazed all over the place).
After some thorough research, I stopped at this one. It's a strong, durable lead, very well constructed. I've pulled from it in every direction, and everything stayed in its rightful place. It's neither very long, nor very short (160 cm) - just the perfect length, allowing you not only to manage your pet firmly, but also to be able to offer it its space and freedom of movement.
The metal trigger hook is well attached to the lead and seems well made and solid, unlike the flimsy, chromed ones most lead ropes have. And not to mention that it's surprisingly light.
I know this lead is designed for dogs, and most people will probably think me paranoid for purchasing this for a cat, but bear in mind that you cannot rely on your cat's good sense or loyalty in an outdoor situation. Cats are flexible, versatile, naturally suspicious animals, and you never know when it plots its decisive escape. Or, despite my respect for freedom in general, and freedom of choice in particular, I really wouldn't want to take my cat out for a walk, and come back home only with her jacket & lead.
To sum it up, this is an excellent lead rope. Light, yet solid and well made. I anticipate it will last me forever.

Sony Strdn1050
Sony Strdn1050

5.0 out of 5 stars SONY STR-DN1050 - Best Receiver I Have Ever Had, 13 April 2015
This review is from: Sony Strdn1050 (Electronics)
From the time you get the box up to when your ears encounter the output of this receiver, you know you have a piece of raw quality on your hands. Packaging was simple, to the point and had the receiver well secured and safe.
I threw at it everything I could get my hands on: from computer A/V signals to iPhone streaming through AirPlay, USB player, Bluetooth connection to phone etc. When you expect to hear your plain old “a-thousand-times-played” song, STR-DN1050 proposed to surprise me with sounds that I never even suspected they existed for that particular track. Suddenly, music felt as brain-resource-intensive as a book forcing you to Imagine.
You don’t even need to touch the equalizer - it is that well-tuned for pretty much any genre you could think of. Each instrument, each voice inflexion are clearly defined and entwined at the same time to form the whole.
Settings are extremely easy to use, most devices are picked up instantly no matter the connection channel. The only downside from this point of view is the HDMI forwarding signal which is kind of “lazy” sometimes, but I guess it really depends on the source as well.
Integrates beautifully with the home network Wi-Fi or wired and is Windows OS friendly as well.
Whether you’re looking for your “first of a kind” or just an upgrade, overall I highly recommend this receiver which, although pricey, is worth every penny in my opinion.

Pros:
• Outstanding sound even on 2 Channel;
• Intuitive and an overall good looking onscreen user interface;
• Compliant with most connectivity standards;
• Sturdy build with quality materials.

Cons:
• No dedicated manual with all features explained;
• HDMI signal detection kind of slow.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2015 6:30 PM BST

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Polishing cloth, 8 Mar. 2014
Well, I'm afraid there's not much to say about it... it's a lint free, soft, non-synthetic cloth.
I haven't used it for applying shoe polish (although the item's descriptions says it is also fit for this purpose), but only for polishing leather shoes (after I have cleaned them, applied shoe polish / leather balm and let them dry thoroughly). It does a good job and I am satisfied with it. I haven't washed it yet, but even though it will shrink (as another customer remarked), I will still consider it a good piece of polishing cloth.
For the price I have paid for it (£2.19), that's all I have to say...

*Update (21.08.2015): It's been a year an a half since I've purchased and started using this. I confirm the polishing cloth is still in great condition, after an average of 1 use per month. It washes well (doesn't shrink that much actually!) and does a good job at getting that OCD polished look to the shoes. I've been mainly using it for removing excess leather balm 24-hour after application. All in all, I still recommend it. Hope this helps.

Draper 210 mm Bypass-Pattern Secateurs with Wooden Handles
Draper 210 mm Bypass-Pattern Secateurs with Wooden Handles

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely excellent Secateurs!, 6 Mar. 2014
I have received my order just yesterday (it arrived very fast and was well packed, so I am most pleased with the dispatch and delivery), and since I was anxious to try the Draper secateurs as soon as possible (and the weather was kind enough as to allow it), so I did.
First of all, as other customers noticed, this item looks and feels awesome. The feeling you get while holding it is priceless. The Draper secateurs are well made, solid, have this classy appearance, are just as heavy as they should be (I am a woman, but I don't find their weight disturbing or tiring at all), and look like they will last for a very long time (provided they're used appropriately and cared for afterwards).
Secondly, they really are sharp. They arrive sharpened and oiled, and are ready to use on the spot. Which I gladly did.
My garden was ambushed for quite a while by some climbing berry bushes (courtesy to the vis-a-vis neighbour, who seems to lack the common sense to get rid of his spreading wilderness), which had grown in the past several months so stubbornly (I think "monstrously" would describe it better), that they started destroying one side of my fence irrevocably (the fence has to be replaced, unfortunately). Since I have just moved in this property about 8 months ago, tending to the garden did not seem a top priority and was postponed for this spring. And a pair of gardening gloves + these Draper secateurs were the first things I have bought for the purpose.
I now regret not having taken pictures. :) These secateurs did a marvelous job, and in approximately 2 hours of hard work "untangling the jungle", my garden looked taken care of once more (actually, I have no idea if the previous tenants took care of it, but for the argument's sake I'll assume they did).
They perform very well, they cut wonderfully and are a joy to use. Now I understand why a previous customer said these secateurs make you feel like a proper gardener as soon as you hold them. :) Buy with confidence and rest assured that, at £9.95, they're the best bargain possible. I highly recommend this product!

*Update (21.08.2015): It's been a year an a half since I've purchased and started using these secateurs. What can I say... it's the first tool I ever bought as a gardener. It's how gardening became a hobby for me: first I got the tools, and then the hobby kicked in. After intense usage, they're in great shape: undamaged, nu rust, still sharp, the locking mechanism works exactly like in day one, and it's still a pleasure to use them. Every time I hold these secateurs, I get the same serious, professional feeling I did the first time - they just make you feel like a proper gardener.
I did wipe them clean every time after use, and also kept them in a dry place, in their original packaging. Although I never actually got the chance to sharpen or oil them so far, they don't seem in dire need of special care. What more can I ask for from a pair of secateurs?

Maxstrength Fitness Exercise Gym Aerobics Roll Up Yoga Mat with Carry Case Black - Black, 24 x 64 Inch

5.0 out of 5 stars Fitness mat - thick and comfortable, 6 Mar. 2014
I have bought this fitness mat for some relatively basic exercises, which I have just started doing weekly (four days every week, half an hour each day).
It arrived today (very fast!), was really well packed and corresponded entirely with the seller's description.
The postman knocked at my door with the package while I was in the middle of my fitness routine, so I was most eager to try the mat. Well, after using it today, I must say I find it handy and completely fit for my purpose. It is indeed thick and non-slippery (placed on the carpet), although the edges tend to roll (obviously, because it is kept rolled). I also like the case, despite I won't use it to carry the mat around, but merely for storage purposes.
I have no complaints at all so far, it seems like a durable and comfortable mat, so I'm going to give it 5 stars. For the price (£8.59), I definitely recommend it.

Collonil Special Wax neutral leather care spray
Collonil Special Wax neutral leather care spray
Offered by Rift Shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars Reasonable wax spray, 4 Mar. 2014
I have bought this was spray after ordering a set of 12 leather placemats and coasters and noticing that they needed constant care and treatment (in order to be preserved in their best possible condition).
I have tried the spray not only on the aforementioned placemats & coasters, but also on some leather shoes, and a leather purse. It is a fairly good spray, although it doesn't go such a long way (mine is almost finished). I did notice an improvement after using it, because the leather seems conditioned, but honestly I cannot say it's an excellent product. It does its job, but doesn't work miracles. I wasn't expecting miracles, as a matter of fact, I was only expecting a good wax spray, but I think I can safely say it's more spray and less wax.
Although I will continue to buy Collonil shoe cream polish, I think next time I will skip this "Special Wax Care Spray" and opt for a Leather Balsam (I have meanwhile noticed that Renapur has some astonishing positive reviews). A leather balsam might require a little more effort to apply (unlike a spray), but I'm sure it will give better results...

*Update (21.08.2015): As anticipated, this was a one-time purchase. I wasn't very impressed by this product. It did not go such a long way, was ok for its intended use, but tended to stain everything else it landed on - and by stain I mean ungodly, persistent stains. It took me months to get the wax marks off a window this spray accidentally landed on (while I was tending to some leather items). I have meanwhile purchased the Renapur leather balm and found it to be a million times better. Consequently, I'm afraid I feel compelled to downgrade my initial 4-star rating to a 3-star one.

Cubeicals 12 Cube Laminate Organiser Espresso
Cubeicals 12 Cube Laminate Organiser Espresso
Offered by Organise My Home

5.0 out of 5 stars Cubeicals 12 Cube Organiser, 4 Mar. 2014
Our lounge has a rather "difficult" corner, which allowed a unit no higher than 1,4 metres, no wider than 1,1 metres, and with a maximum depth of 35 centimetres. Consequently, the search for an appropriate unit for this corner of the lounge proved to be a serious challenge.
However, after a lot of research, we have been fortunate enough as to find this 12 Cube Organiser. Its dimensions suited our purpose, so we've ordered it without second thoughts (at £80, we thought it was a fair price). It arrived quickly, it was very well packed, and we've managed to put it together in no time (although it arrived flat packed, it was very easy to assemble).
We're using this unit as a bookcase - and though I suppose it was not intended particularly for this purpose, I must admit it makes a great bookcase. It holds all our books in an orderly manner, and the entire cubical construction makes it very handy - we managed to sort our books in categories, so that each small cube holds a certain group of books.
What could I say more... Its colour is very pleasing, it gives a really tidy aspect to our lounge, and it also offers the possibility of stacking two or more units together easily, should you buy more than one unit. It can also be secured to a wall, should you desire to fix it more steadily in its place. To sum it up, it's a great organiser and I definitely recommend it!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Cubeicals 9 Cube Organiser, 4 Mar. 2014
This is a great unit! It arrived quickly, it was amazingly well packed, and was very easy to put together. And it doesn't seem to be that expensive - I believe it's worth the £67.49 I have paid for it.
It also looks great - the cubical construction, as well as the back panel arrangement, make this an eye-catcher as soon as you enter the room. I use it to store personal care products (cosmetics and make-up) in an orderly manner, and I must say that, after owning it for a few months now, I am still very pleased with it.
This organiser is a most handy unit, if you wish to keep your room tidy and be able to find your stuff in a matter of seconds. Besides, for those who can afford to spend some extra pounds, I believe the fabric drawers that are sold separately for this unit would also complement the organiser very well.
All in all, I do recommend this item. I believe that in the future I might buy two additional units, since they can be stacked up together quite easily and securely.

*Update (21.08.2015): A year and a half has passed by and this organiser is doing great! I can't emphasize enough how helpful it is for keeping stuff neat, tidy and easily retrievable. It's sturdy (sometimes I forget it's only another item of flat-packed furniture), looks equally great, no bits and pieces have come undone - all in all, I don't regret my purchase in the slightest! As a matter of fact, nearly a year ago I purchased a second unit - that should say something!
Comment Comment | Permalink

APS T763 Napkin Holder, Chrome Plated Wire, Holds Approx. 150 Napkins, Supplied Empty

5.0 out of 5 stars Chrome plated napkin holder, 17 Feb. 2014
Well, there's not much to say about it really. It is very big (the dimensions given in the product's description were accurate!), it can hold A LOT of napkins (I have attached some customer images for this item) and looks modern. Its design is simple and neat, this feature making it fit in any type of dining room / kitchen, regardless of the decor. It also looks great on my dining table, giving it a more organised aspect (it's a 6 ft dining table, so this napkin holder doesn't seem all that big on it).
I just hope that, being chrome plated and all, it won't get "rusty" in time... Apart from this, I see no reason for not giving it 5 stars.

*Update (21.08.2015): I confirm I'm the lucky owner of a chromed napkin holder that hasn't gotten rusty at all. It's been more than 18 months since I have this, it's been on my dining table every single day ever since, and it looks exactly the same as in day one. I don't regret this purchase in the slightest - it's been most useful, and by the looks of it, I daresay it will continue to do so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4