Profile for S. Grieve > Reviews

Content by S. Grieve

S. Grieve "SG" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
SOOPER Black Defender Heavy Duty Protective Hard Full Body Cover Case for Samsung Galaxy i9300 S3 + Free Screen Protector (Black)
Offered by Sooper UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough, 15 July 2013
Good enough cover but the screen protector goes a bit shabby pretty quickly with use. Bought it about a couple of months after getting the phone and its own screen was perfect at that point, but the protector began picking up marks within the first week.

Love Me Again
Love Me Again

5.0 out of 5 stars Love listening to it again, and again., 15 July 2013
This review is from: Love Me Again (MP3 Download)
Got this version with the remixes because it was good value for money and ended up playing it over and over again while working

Marumi DHG Super Circular Polarising 77mm Filter
Marumi DHG Super Circular Polarising 77mm Filter

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding for outdoor pictures, 30 May 2013
I bought on of these filters for my camcorder and was very pleased with the result, so bought another for my DSLR. The improvement to outdoor pictures - especially on sunny days - makes it well worth the money. Never had any problems with colour cast or image quality with the filters either

The January Flower
The January Flower
by Orla Broderick

5.0 out of 5 stars The January Flower, painted in words., 15 May 2013
This review is from: The January Flower (Paperback)
A fascinating picture of life on the Isle of Skye, painted in words - in a way that I haven't really seen before.

I bought the Kindle Edition because I like the Isle of Skye and was in the mood to read something - at a good price - by a new author. And, I would say it was worth buying just to read how this author writes. I had initially hoped to peer into the vindows of the warious character's little white houses, on that teeny tiny island, but the insights within the story just became an added bonus for me as I began to appreciate how it was written and the emotion that broke through at times.

The writing also conjures up memorable images, and it was so easy to imagine him strolling along the road to meet her, with the flowers wrapped in brown paper. In fact, that was probably my favourite chapter.

Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM - Canon fit lens
Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6 EX DC HSM - Canon fit lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd bought it sooner, 23 Sept. 2012
Spent ages looking at comparisons between Canon and Sigma wide angle lenses, and at the 8-16mm but went for this one due to being able to fit filters and its price and quality. Some people complain about it being soft but I did numerous comparison tests and they all turned out as well as could be expected, so I think most people may just forget it's a wide angle lens.

I put off buying a wide angle lens for a long time but wish I'd bought it sooner when I saw the pictures it can produce. I have used the lens much more than I expected to.

This lens is also brilliant for videography. The effect of movement is also enhanced and eye-catching.

I got this lens and a Heliopan Variable ND for the price of a Canon and have never been unhappy with the results (As a side note, I would add that the Heliopan is worth the extra money if you're buying an ND filter as it is cleaner than others and lets more colour through).

Photographic Solutions 10x10cm Pec Pad (Pack of 100)
Photographic Solutions 10x10cm Pec Pad (Pack of 100)
Offered by FIVE STAR UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect., 4 Sept. 2012
Nothing is perfect, but the words LINT FREE did make me ex-pec-t a wee bit better performance. I found it took a bit of effort to clean my super-wide lens without leaving a smear (because they're not too absorbent) and there was always a few bits of dust left, so I would definitely have a blower handy too.

To be honest, I did find myself wishing I hadn't taken the microfibre cloth out of my bag - when trying to get rid of a smear - but the good thing about these is that you know you are not going to be rubbing grit onto the lens when you use a new wipe.

So, definitely handy, but not perfect.

Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Inception (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brainy action movie!, 5 April 2011
This is one of the best films I have seen in years. Great balance between the action, story and thought provoking twists and turns.

Buy it now, and if you happen to be one of the few who don't like it- you can easily sell it on to one of the thousands like me who will probably wears ours out from watching it again and again!

Man in the Chair [DVD] [2007]
Man in the Chair [DVD] [2007]
Dvd ~ Christopher Plummer
Offered by Rapid-DVD

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I watched it thrice, 5 April 2011
I was a bit annoyed and distracted by the visuals the first time round, but the story was so good and came together so well that I watched it again almost immediately.

Third time round, I enjoyed it as much as a red that had been allowed to stand, or a second day sugo.

And, I will certainly watch it again.

I Know You Know [DVD]
I Know You Know [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert CARLYLE
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars A dungheap with a star on top?, 5 April 2011
This review is from: I Know You Know [DVD] (DVD)
Great performance by Robert Carlyle, but someone should have explained to the writer and director that you need a bit more than good actors and bad language to make a movie worth watching.

Erotic American Classics, Vol. 6: Dry Hustle
Erotic American Classics, Vol. 6: Dry Hustle

5.0 out of 5 stars My first time with a kindle- and it was an enjoyable education., 10 Jan. 2011
This is my first ever Kindle 'book', and thankfully it was an easy and entertaining read that rolled along well enough to keep me reading for hours. However, upon finishing, I realised it would have actually been great for reading on the train or at lunch-time, as all the wee stories that were going on around and with the characters made me laugh quite a few times too.

A friend initially told me about the book and I was a bit concerned about it's being 'erotic,' but it was more of an education/ peek into some of the things that some women do and think.

It was fun, easy reading, and I'd say it's suitable for both men and women, though I suspect that men and women will have entirely different reactions to what they find in it.

What else has just dawned on me is that this is the first 'paperback' I ever bought that won't have to end up cluttering a shelf or stuck in a box!

Page: 1 | 2