Profile for Mr. T. D. Ash > Reviews

Percale Fitted Sheet Pastel, Polyester-Cotton, Coffee, King
Percale Fitted Sheet Pastel, Polyester-Cotton, Coffee, King
Offered by Ideal Textiles

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, slightly odd colour, cheap price, 22 Nov. 2011
Exciting as it is buying fitted sheets, nothing is more exciting as when you buy one and it is good quality AND cheap. I could have wet the bed when this arrived.

The colour is OK, you would probably be better off going for a cream or white one, but I am not going to lose any sleep over it.

Don't be board reading this review as you will get a head start when it comes to buying sheets. This review covers all fitted sheets from this company.

I have a good memory and I foam at the mouth when I think of some of the lesser sheets I have paid more money for.

To put this review to bed I am going to give this 4 ZZZ's out of 5

coleman c 250 butane/propane
coleman c 250 butane/propane

5.0 out of 5 stars I've got gas, 22 Nov. 2011
It's camping gas! by coleman! wow wow wow! make sure you get the right fit for your camping stove and you are off, two of these canisters lasted me and a friend while we hiked the West Highland Way, this is the other thing, make sure you have enough for your trip as you don't want to run out.

The delivery was prompt so all good there.

The remains of one of these canisters met a sad end as I stupidly tried to take it on a plane to Iceland. They found it in my main luggage and called me to one side when I tried to board the plane. I crapped my pants.

Final score 5 grills out of 5

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Mickey Mouse, 22 Nov. 2011
I normally use the cheap microsoft intelli mouse but thought I would try something different as the white microsoft one was starting to turn a slightly horrible yellow. Plus I wanted a forward and back button on the mouse.

The roller ball has two settings, clicky and slidely. I like the clicky setting for rolling but if you want to press it in to act as a button then you will find it a bit haphazard on both settings compared to the cheaper microsoft mouse.

The material quality seems better then the microsoft mouse, and the colour scheme is certainly more stylish. However the back and forward side buttons feel quite cheap when you press them in.

The weight of the mouse is quite heavy for a wired mouse, this will suit some people but I find it a bit to much. No matter how much I tweak the mouse speed pointer options I can not seem to get used to it, and this is after several months of use. I still find myself trying to click on something quickly and precisely and slightly missing much to my annoyance.

The panels on the bottom seem to offer quite a lot of resistance to my table surface which is perhaps why I am finding precision to be difficult.

I can see how this mouse would suit a lot of people but it hasn't grown on me after several months. I am considering purchasing another cheap microsoft mouse to replace it.

Overall this gets 2 cheeses out of 5

SnuggleSafe All Weather Flexible Bunny Warren Fun Tunnel
SnuggleSafe All Weather Flexible Bunny Warren Fun Tunnel

3.0 out of 5 stars Tunnel of fun!, 22 Nov. 2011
Tunnel that provides fun! A fun tunnel! A tunnel I can fit my head in! Rabbits can comfortably go all the way in, as long as they are not those giant rabbits with the big ears!

Green look darker then the picture! Which is a good thing!

It's not that long! Buy more and you can make an extra long fun tunnel!

Good quality plastic! Most rabbits won't chew, my missus, her rabbits didn't chew YET!

Price is reasonable but could be cheaper, the one let down. Oh god.

Final score: 3 rabbits out of 5

Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Warning Triangle - Red Travel Fold Up Safety Triangle In Case
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

5.0 out of 5 stars the perfect warning triangle, 22 Nov. 2011
Finally someone has produced a warning triangle worthy of the name. Naturally the second this arrived I opened the long and thin bright red box with glee and assembled by brand new advanced warning triangle. The first thing to strike me was this: anyone could assemble this warning triangle, even under pressure and in bad weather conditions. The second thing to strike me was this: placed the regulation 45m from my vehicle I would feel assured that the bright red and orange triangle design would prevent anyone from striking me. The third thing to strike me was this: this is priced well below the 'official' warning triangles which are of inferior design and quality.

Final score: 5 triangles out of 5

Ninja Bread Men Cookie Cutters
Ninja Bread Men Cookie Cutters
Offered by Fak_fungshop

3.0 out of 5 stars Ninja Power, 27 Oct. 2011
Everyone knows the power of a ninja comes from gingerbread, just like everyone knows that ninjas have supreme power. Many moons ago an old wise ninja combined his own power with gingerbread to form the ultimate power, ninjabread men. This review is written in the form of a story, the story of my quest to secure the legendary ninjabread men.

The blossom fell from the trees around me as I walked slowly up the worn, curving path, my hand resting lightly on the hilt of my sword as the wind gathered pace, roaring through the branches. I stopped and lowered my head to listen for any out of the ordinary sound, the hat on my head covered my eyes so I could focus on the other worldly senses. Nothing, there was nothing but the natural forces of nature all around me. I continued my slow and steady progress up the path, still with my hand resting lightly on the comforting hilt of my sword. My quest had been long and arduous, but finally I was approaching the end of my story, whatever the fates had decided that end might be.

With dusk gathering around me I saw, finally, the building I had been seeking. It seemed to loom over me through the now dense trees and undergrowth like some kind of creature from the very depths of darkness. A light rain began to fall, dripping off the rim of my hat and adding to the crescendo of noise the wind had already created. I did not quicken or slacken my pace, but approached the doors to the building, and slammed them open with a mighty dragon punch. I entered the postal office and picked up my parcel, due to the large packaging the postman couldn't fit it through the door. This is my first warning with this item, make sure you are in to receive the goods.

Despite the large packaging the gingerbread men are actually quite small, smaller then they appear to be in the picture. However they are very well made and I can confirm they do create biscuits of pure beauty and power. For the price they are reasonable.

The overall score for the ninjabread men is 3 swords of 5

Trigger Happy: The Inner Life of Videogames
Trigger Happy: The Inner Life of Videogames
by Steven Poole

2.0 out of 5 stars I've got a book that needs design!, 27 Oct. 2011
This book is aimed at those interested in a basic history of videogames up until the Playstation 2 era. The book is factually written with a design slant on things, however I found the writing level to be very basic, with the personal style not quite matching the factual nature of the book.

Some of the authors opinions I certainly didn't agree with, and some of the factual information is inaccurate. There doesn't seem to be enough research here, some things seem to be based on the authors personal history of each console and specific game.

That said there is some good information here, discussions of game icons, development of gameplay styles etc which is a nice introduction to game design theory and I would actually recommend this book to those just beginning to investigate games design.

Final score 2 controllers our of 5

Luminarc Quadro Fridge Jug with Lid 110cl, 1 Jar
Luminarc Quadro Fridge Jug with Lid 110cl, 1 Jar
Offered by IUEG

4.0 out of 5 stars Pair of jugs, 27 Oct. 2011
I purchased this jug to hold my delicious juice, delicious juice that I create myself with my delicious juicer.

For the price this is a bloomin bargain, you could even buy a pair of jugs if you want to hold more juice/liquid. The point here is that a litre isn't actually that much so most people will probably prefer a pair of jugs that will easily fit into your fridge door tray. The jug glass is thick and firm, no chance of breakage here!

When the jug is full to the brim watch for splashback when you apply the lid.

The lid can also be a bit of a nightmare to clean when your jug is covered with congealed juice.

Overall score 4 jugs out of 5, slightly let down by the lid but otherwise quality product.

Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter
Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter

3.0 out of 5 stars All Hail Starshade! Dimming the light of my life!, 24 Oct. 2011
As soon as you open the box you know Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter is going to be something special. There is consideration to packaging with a strong plastic wrap protecting the main shade which is easily removable, even by those with banana fingers. There is a clear instruction manual which features over 4 different language, this fits into the trend towards globalisation within our society in the UK. The solid gold point, which is definitely real gold, suits the overall colour scheme of the Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter

The Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter is split into 3 components which make for easy assembly. There is no requirement for powerdrills, buzz saws or pneumatic drills which you will often find with other inferior shades. This is a simple plug, twist and play shade.

Once you have mounted your Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter the magic happens. This turns an otherwise standard ceiling light fitting into a virtual planetarium. Sometimes I am not sure if I am outside walking through a moonlit field or in my living room.

Despite all this the Beige Lamp Shade with Star Design uplighter is still fallible. It is very feminine and the colours will not suit everyone, it does a good job of dimming the light but it could do better, finally although there is an impression of stars you do have to be very imaginative to see them.

Overall score 3 lightbulbs out of 5

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Offered by choicefullbargain

4.0 out of 5 stars stick it up your nose, 24 Oct. 2010
I stick this up my nose, turn it on and wiggle it about. When I take it out all my long nose hairs are gone, now I don't know where they have gone but they have gone.

This is why I have given 4 stars instead of 5, no one nose where the hair is.

after extensive research I have narrowed it down to 3 possible places:
* still up my nose, just further up
* in nose hair heaven
* on the floor of my bathroom

If I had to pick one of these options I would say it is still jammed up my nose.

However this is a good product, it takes a AA battery and lasts a long time, I suppose it would be improved if it was waterproof so I could attack my nasal hair in the rain.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 10, 2014 5:38 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2