Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Kindle Shop Fire Shop now Shop now
Profile for Cherry Radford > Reviews

Content by Cherry Radford

Cherry Radford (Brighton, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Before I Go To Sleep
Before I Go To Sleep
by S J Watson

1.0 out of 5 stars Tedious & shoddy, 13 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Before I Go To Sleep (Paperback)
Before I go to sleep - which won't be difficult after reading SJ Watson's ultra turgid Before I Go to Sleep - a note to self:

Always check the proportion of 1-star Amazon reviews BEFORE buying a 'bestseller'.

At least - arriving here as another victim of the BIGTS con - I've enjoyed some cracking writing of fellow reviewers down here in the doldrums ;-)

Lakeland Luxury Fleece Fitted Electric Heated Blanket Double
Lakeland Luxury Fleece Fitted Electric Heated Blanket Double
Offered by Lakeland

1.0 out of 5 stars FEEBLE, 6 Oct. 2015
Maximum heat on this thing is about level 1 on previous bedwarmers. Pathetic. Sending it back.

Pentel P209 Automatic Pencil 0.9 mm Lead Yellow
Pentel P209 Automatic Pencil 0.9 mm Lead Yellow
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST PENCIL IN THE WORLD, 11 Feb. 2015
I use it for editing - gorgeous thick line, lead never breaks, and it's MUSTARD.

Ordering three more, because I can't keep getting hysterical when I can't find it, or - heaven help them - see it in someone else's hand :-o

The Complex Chemistry of Loss
The Complex Chemistry of Loss

5.0 out of 5 stars An extraordinary, beautiful and emotional experience, 4 Feb. 2015
When a friend gave me this novel I was sure I wouldn't like or understand it, but it turned out to be an extraordinary, beautiful and emotional experience. Other reviewers have elegantly described the setting and themes of the story. I would like to add that the novel also has humour and poetry. I'll leave you with a favourite line:

"Grief is internal bleeding that some staunch and some do not. When and why do some people bleed out?"

Hama CD Box ST-60, Black
Hama CD Box ST-60, Black

2.0 out of 5 stars spring madness, 15 May 2013
It's black, solid and fairly sturdy. It takes 60 CDs. There's no special slots for special edition / double CDs, but you you can just put them in upright.

The problem is the 'spring-loading' of the CDs. It's a nightmare: some CDs just won't play ball, and others pop out as soon as you try to pop others in :-( End result: my CDs look a bloody mess in it, some flush with the edge, others sticking (or even hurling themselves) out...

I should have sent the rack back, but all the others were the wrong size or colour and frankly I couldn't be bothered. Anyway, it's a great improvement on having an avalanching tower of dusty CDs.

The Flamenco Academy
The Flamenco Academy
by Sarah Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to come under its spell..., 6 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Flamenco Academy (Paperback)
Even if flamenco is just something you saw ten years ago on holiday, you'll come under its spell soon after you start reading this beautifully written novel. But there's also something for everyone here: the heartfelt and often funny coming-of-age story, the painstakingly researched historical drama of the flamenco teacher's past, romance with all the tightly held passion of the dance itself...

Definitely among my Top Twenty favourite novels. Ole!

"The Flamenco Academy"
"The Flamenco Academy"

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to come under its spell..., 6 Aug. 2012

Definitely among my Top Twenty favourite novels. Ole!

Undertow (Contracorriente) [DVD]
Undertow (Contracorriente) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Manolo Cardona
Offered by DVD Vault UK

5.0 out of 5 stars BEAUTIFUL FILM ABOUT LOVE - GET IT!, 17 Jan. 2012
What a BEAUTIFUL film! The setting, the acting, the humanity of the story. It makes me sad to think of all the people missing out on this because they can't stand subtitles and/or can't face a 'film about gays'. It's a film about LOVE - and I defy anybody of any orientation not to be moved. GET IT.

Calendar 2012 Royal Opera House Nureyev & Fonteyn (Flame Tree Art Calendars) Wall 30 x 30 cm (12 x 12 in)
by Flame Tree Publishing
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 14 Jan. 2012
I'm delighted with this calendar, even though it's on the small side and black and white. Wonderful pictures - their magical and intimate partnership will inspire my year!

How It All Began
How It All Began
by Penelope Lively

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from my No.1 favourite author, 14 Jan. 2012
This review is from: How It All Began (Hardcover)
Yes, she's still got it, even though she's probably now of a similar age and condition to the aching Charlotte. There's the usual obsession about circumstance and the passage of time - but why not? I can't tire of that. Her characters are engaging as ever, and I was soon desperate to follow their stories. But most of all I love her WRITING: witty but sympathetic, elegant but unstuffy. It's nothing short of delicious.

Yes, she's still my absolute No. 1 favourite author, by a mile. Thank you, Mrs Lively, for yet more hours of delight - and for teaching me more about writing, over the years, than any MA course could have done.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 15, 2012 1:07 AM BST